Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > Role Playing > Role Play

The Tar Amongst The Sand
Old 06-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Neophyte

Post The Tar Amongst The Sand

Reydor: the lone excuse for a village that dared to plant itself between the desert dunes and flats. Lands of scorching heat and scarce wildlife. It was more akin to a trading outpost, if anything, than a true town. Without any designated roads or cobble streets. Instead, favoring to keep the endless miles of sand which naturally form the ground undisturbed. In a circular formation around it and throughout the town there were vendors and their canopies of varying colors and patterns all set up with the hope of making a bit of coin for the day. They sold budding cacti, cheap oils, perfumes, all sorts of goods. A variety of items throughout each one meant to draw the eye. However, in the central area among this desert market, stood Reydor's few proper buildings. An inn, armory, general store, etc. just like one would spot in any other town.

By where multiple camels sat tied outside of the inn, stood a most peculiar woman. She was dark-skinned with black, braided hair tied back behind her head in a short ponytail of sorts. Bearing a sort of white wrap over her chest and a pair of tan, ballooned pants which came to her calfs; barefoot below. She was dressed minimally as could be seen, like a tribal woman, though what was so curious about this girl was her stature. She was a staggering seven feet tall with the musculature of a traveling circus' strongman. Having to look down at all who passed her. At least the humans among them. In spite of this, however, she was unarmed. And, overall, seemed like a commoner. Idly standing by outside of the inn as the bouts of wind and the sediment which they carried buffeted against her to no effect. She had requested the aid of mercenaries and simple travelers alike in hopes of forming a party that would take her to the oil swamp local to Roggork in the east. For all of her mass, this Poia was an untrained fighter and would need the support of others to complete such a trek. Unable to offer her potential companions gold, but instead promising that the oil they would harvest upon arrival would suffice as payment enough. Now patiently waiting for those she had hired to arrive, figuring the inn would be any traveler's first stop.

((Those that join this thread would be the mercenaries joining her, as I had implied. This is an open RP, of course.))

Last edited by Poia the Nomad; 06-05-2017 at 08:19 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

i sacraficed a witch to my personal gods. a piece of her burning flesh fell into the sand. i ate it. i invented sandwich. the end

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 10-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

On a moonless night as I was journeying across a desert plane, I saw a piece of mystical tar among the grains of sand. I remembered the stories of the elders- if I had the strength to ingest this relic from the primordia, I would gain unknown power and the wisdom of the ancients. I said a prayer to Fortuna, and lifted it to my mouth, knowing that I was mere moments from unlocking the gifts of the gods....

It was cat ****.
I put cat **** in my mouth.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Ahhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-16-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
Neophyte