Crazy experiment
Old 03-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Crazy experiment

It's crazy ,insane some will call it stupid or worst but:

Since S2 is all about resourcess and gear and it's good place for people to catch up why not lower max penalties on combat skills to 90% ?

Maybe it is ridiculous but if we try it let's say for a month then maybe more people / alts would be created and then sooner join the farming/resourcing fleet to start economy.

S2 exp doesn't really matter - it's all about gear and resourcess. Since those are way harder than S1 (yes we are years behind) let's make server more different and somewhat more attractive to out weight loaded AH on S1.

PS. Shouldn't have that espresso. ...

Old 03-02-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
Boss Hunter

honestly don't really support as you already get a 33% exp bonus free. that's already less max pen just cuz you get so much more exp.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

I know - I was thinking to make it easier to overskill an lowbie so they can get to cap easier/faster especially those without boon .

33% exp is not enough imo to outweigh S1 AH . Technically when selling tc you get 5 times more trophies /exp for it and they about 33% cheaper too so same thing just more clicking.

Both servers should have different perks that outweights each other.

If it's done new people will think :

"Hmmm on S1 i can sell 1 tc and have loads of trophies and all epics available (same goes for LG later on) all I have to do is grind and don't worry about resourcing and crafting"

"On other hand on S2 I would be on my own more likely forced to resource and craft but have potential to progress on my own faster ..."

"Should I join S1 as customer or S2 as entrepreneur ?"

Make both servers the same make no sense - the more different the are the better..

Old 03-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Changing the bases of how hard/easy it is to overskill skills is not a way to change how the servers work, its yet another easy button for s2 (33% bonus exp). I understand your want for the servers to be different but at this point its highly unlikely that they will be different other then playerbase. If glitch did anything to change either server significantly it would cause mass butt hurt.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Making nod easier and easier is how we got to where we are..

pking is no longer hardcore and super risky and exciting for example..

I didn't sign up for hello kitty adventure island. I signed up for a MMO.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
Boss Hunter

No
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (9.3 KB, 10 views)

Old 03-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakymagic
If glitch did anything to change either server significantly it would cause mass butt hurt.
^ exactly this - I think you nailed the source of the all issues.

If S2 is so easy why 99% of S1 won't even bother with it ?

I think "butthurt" is needed once in a while to shake off old habits. Revolutions changed course of history and so should Nodiatis.

Population will grow only if some sort of "magnet" will be introduced

Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
Seer's BFF

if you are going to suggest ANYHTING do it for BOTH servers not just one , 33% is enough to catch up , certainly with every pilgrimage lasting 33% less long, 33% less expensive etc

Old 03-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

33% bonus does NOT apply to boon , pk bonus or pilgrim...

S1 will get big one probably this year aka Siegecraft which can fully utilize unlike S2.

You guys have economy and looking for power and dominance. We still trying to start economy.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

How much are TCs on S2? When I started Nod 8 or 9 years ago maybe 10 whenever it was released, it was a new server and TCs would sell for 15k, that's 15,000 gold!!! Maybe, just maybe, since S2 is still kind of new, TCs shouldn't be so much and the player base may expand and draw new people in to create toons.

I started as a 'N', grinded my way to buy my first TC and get a 'taste' of the good life. I stayed free for a while just grinding my way to buy TCs ingame, until I reached level 20ish, (no accel, no double accel, no boon, no PK bonus) before Nod got the super easy button. It was then that I decided to bite the bullet and purchase enough TCs to get accell...

I had a full understanding of the game at that point and knew exactly what I wanted to do before I spent IRL money. Y'all keep selling TCs at that ungodly amount because S1 TCs sell for that much when the player base is like 20 times the amount of S2 and the toons can grind that amount of gold to sustain their premium accounts.

I'm not trying to bash anything or anyone, that's just my experience with Nod.

<tldr> Don't sell TCs for so much when the player base is super small, it's a YUUUUUGE turnoff to new players and they won't stick around to play long enough to want to spend money and grow the server.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Hello I'm here do give out my honest opinion.

Giving more bonus to help out lower lvls imo isn't such a great idea, actually it's kind of not fair to those who started this game back in 2008 or so. Some people (me for example) grinded their a** off with no upgrades at all and surely no exp bonus.

I started my first Toon back in Feb 2010 grinded as a free player until level 40 or so I got accel upgrade from irl money (mind you I was like 13 years old and found a side job to get it). So quite frankly anyone can do it.

On that note, these upgrades weren't meant for newbies to buy from in-game. Yes nod is a "free game" BUT if you want to lvl up faster or get rich faster, you spend irl money, it's just how it works and it's how I started.

The only reason why s2 is having trouble with resources and player base is because..

1: All of those OP players had an insane jump start blowing money on tcs and giving loads of time ginding.
And if you realize when nod s1 just started no one spent that much money on it. No one in their right mind would spend so much money on any game they JUST started playing unless they were rich maybe or they knew about the game well enough. (Which was why start of lvl 40 I just became addicted and spent money little by little).

2. Botters started to come in play and messed up s2 way too many times.

3. Less than 30% of nod either transferred to s2 or plays that as well. (don't have true facts but just what it looks like)

4. The players grew quicker than they can gather, what I mean is to get resources take time. In the start of s1 there were no lgs so less of those high Teir mats needed.

All and all I don't mean to bash s2 at all because it's fun to play at times when I'm bored of s1.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

A agree with you bit as you said :

Before were different goals you get your epic set and just focus on raisin skills.

Now it's whole different game . Skills are fairly easy to raise as trophies are cheap and BGT makes it easy .

A real goal is LG gear and up tiering both armors and weapons plus maintain high tier runes.

This means insane amount of gold and resources needs to be involved therefore imo we need more focus to make resources more accessible (sadly LG involves t30s which are very small fraction of all loots - perhaps introducing custom ratio when up tiering stuff would solve it as we get tons unwanted resourcess)

Old 03-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna

Before were different goals you get your epic set and just focus on raisin skills.

Now it's whole different game . Skills are fairly easy to raise as trophies are cheap and BGT makes it easy .

A real goal is LG gear and up tiering both armors and weapons plus maintain high tier runes.

This means insane amount of gold and resources needs to be involved therefore imo we need more focus to make resources more accessible (sadly LG involves t30s which are very small fraction of all loots - perhaps introducing custom ratio when up tiering stuff would solve it as we get tons unwanted resourcess)
Why not just save every resource you get and uptier it?

Old 03-05-2017, 12:58 AM   #14
Crab Defiler

Quote:

Where can I find these said raisin skills??? I love raisin bran because it has 2 scoops.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #15
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
HAHA!! strel

I actually do have a crazy experiment suggestion Joanna, stop posting in forums. I know its crazy and your life might not be complete and will get complicated... but its totally worth a shot
Ok , take care guys and good luck !

Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 AM   #16
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
HAHA!! strel

I actually do have a crazy experiment suggestion Joanna, stop posting in forums. I know its crazy and your life might not be complete and will get complicated... but its totally worth a shot
omg u a murdererere

Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #17
Administrator

Some posts deleted. If you dislike an idea you can say so, but don't make it personal.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #18
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Some posts deleted. If you dislike an idea you can say so, but don't make it personal.

Thank you.

I'll try to suggest something that won't outrage S1 .

After thinking it through , if you put everything together and make it fair for everyone here is what make sense the most:

Similar to resourcing I propose dedicated way (still fairly random) to hunt for silk :

Hot zones with silk bonus only:

There is a x% chance equal to spider trapping value that random stack of silk will drop .

It's player controlled how often it will happen (regulated by skill ) plus you get it once in a while only when bonus applies to zone you can farm. Ideal for crafters to hoard stacks that can be uptiered to higher tiers.

I don't see it as s2 buff but fair addition to all players .

Old 03-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #19
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Thank you.

I'll try to suggest something that won't outrage S1 .

After thinking it through , if you put everything together and make it fair for everyone here is what make sense the most:

Similar to resourcing I propose dedicated way (still fairly random) to hunt for silk :

Hot zones with silk bonus only:

There is a x% chance equal to spider trapping value that random stack of silk will drop .

It's player controlled how often it will happen (regulated by skill ) plus you get it once in a while only when bonus applies to zone you can farm. Ideal for crafters to hoard stacks that can be uptiered to higher tiers.

I don't see it as s2 buff but fair addition to all players .
On a whole yes. Looking deeper there's the fact t30 silk is worth so little on s1 I use it for TP since even a level 9 tp is prolly worth more <_<

So idc. s2 gets more silk and won't really hurt s1. Can t30 silk really get less valuable than 5k per?

Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #20
Temporarily Suspended

Every resources has a mini game/resourcing skill to collect it, and I have always wondered why silks do not.... Implement a "Spider Splat" mini game to collect silks maybe?