Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Artisan/Crafting Questing: An Active Way To Train
Old 02-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
Neophyte

Default Artisan/Crafting Questing: An Active Way To Train

Hola Nodiatians,

"Problem": Artistry and crafting skills often do not get actively trained we throw them on passive and let them sit until we give up and call our favorite dwarf. Low tier materials are often destroyed or up tiered to materials of value. New players often struggle to gain gold.

Potential solution: What if shopkeepers gave quests for crafted materials/gear? Upon receiving a quest from the inn keeper for 12 t10 dye you have two options: buy it from another play or craft them. Once the shopkeeper has received the 12 t10 dyes you gain EXP tokens (like trophies from mobs) with no store sell value. Players are allowed to trade tokens to other players or consume them for Artisan or Crafting Exp. (or possibly other rewards? depends on what you would want to do)

This would give another active way to train crafting/artisan skills that did not limit a player to only the tiers that give them exp; allow for all resources to be useful at any tier; it could help new players make gold.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Rare Collector

Ohhhhh sounds good imo. i support

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 02-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Fair start to a great idea.

Not sure about the trading to other players part, but I certainly like the little duties to do to add meaning each day while most of what you do is just grinding your way to a long term goal.

Absolutely support the added way to grind artistry/crafting, for instance there isn't much I can craft at this point in my Beastcraft skill to help (crafting a yeti - with pot and rune - only brings 47k exp at this point :\). I will gladly do a little more work to help my skill increase besides just spending passive on it.

Thanks for sharing. Support

Old 02-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
Seer's BFF

making a gem gives me about 9k exp per lg .... go do that from 99 to 100 gemworking ... support !

Old 02-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

crafting and such quests have been suggested before with no luck.

idc either way. don't support trading the tokens tho. not very fair 1 player can spend a couple mil to cap a skill vs crafters who spent years to cap them :{

Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #6
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip
Fair start to a great idea.

Not sure about the trading to other players part, but I certainly like the little duties to do to add meaning each day while most of what you do is just grinding your way to a long term goal.

Absolutely support the added way to grind artistry/crafting, for instance there isn't much I can craft at this point in my Beastcraft skill to help (crafting a yeti - with pot and rune - only brings 47k exp at this point :\). I will gladly do a little more work to help my skill increase besides just spending passive on it.

Thanks for sharing. Support
I agree trading the exp object(s) which I referred to as tokens could be overkill, if glitch entertains the idea we can obviously talk more specifics. I mean realistically just the increase in resource demand would still help out new players.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
crafting and such quests have been suggested before with no luck.

idc either way. don't support trading the tokens tho. not very fair 1 player can spend a couple mil to cap a skill vs crafters who spent years to cap them :{
Things can change with time and Glitch seems to be working hard at keeping the game evolving in good ways lately.

As for fairness IF tokens were trade-able what is the difference in someone purchasing trophies to cap a skill? Also you are assuming tokens would have low exp per gold ratio which would be defined by the economy.

Yes historically to get to 100, as nore has stated, takes a lot of work/time and yes would devalue the primarily passive work they have put into the skill. But that gets political, help all people have a chance to cap "quickly" or let the old guard that already have capped maintain their status?

Change will always throw someone off the bus/cause them to adapt that is just what it does.

Last edited by Nnoor; 02-28-2017 at 10:48 PM..

Old 02-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #8
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnoor
Things can change with time and Glitch seems to be working hard at keeping the game evolving in good ways lately.

As for fairness IF tokens were trade-able what is the difference in someone purchasing trophies to cap a skill?
trophies have always been purchasable as far as i know. so everyone had the opportunity. perhaps it was more expensive in the old days, but an opportunity nonetheless.

Also you are assuming tokens would have low exp per gold ratio which would be defined by the economy.
at first they wouldn't be, but anything with a limited use will eventually fall. storage expanders can show this. trophies can show this.

Yes historically to get to 100, as nore has stated, takes a lot of work/time and yes would devalue the primarily passive work they have put into the skill. But that gets political, help all people have a chance to cap "quickly" or let the old guard that already have capped maintain their status?

Cuz screwing old players with a 'hah hah you suck shoulda waited' is a good way to hook new players :{{{ we want them to eventually become part of the old guard no? like i said. idc about the idea itself. you can make the tokens. it is a bit easier. just don't make them tradeable so someone can cap the skill overnight. make them work for it like the old crafters with just a bit easier path.

Change will always throw someone off the bus/cause them to adapt that is just what it does.

:{ lime = me obviously.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #9
Neophyte

Blaze it seems like you feel a new avenue to train is unfair to those who have been here from the beginning. Trophies have always been tradeable (to my knowledge) and artisan/crafting exp besides trading resources has never been tradeable. Yes we should maintain a level of want for people to be part of the old guard.

Having talked with a friend there are ways to address your concern(s) if this idea was to be implemented:

Player IDs could be tied to only resources they gather so that the skills could not be purchasable. Which in turn would not help new players gold wise or inflate the market.

Exp from these quests could be randomized or given based off of the quest item (which would be randomized). Example: Dye quest gives dyeing exp go for another quest it may be leather for leatherworking exp. Which is limiting the speed by which people can reach 100 as it would be constrained by what they farm/what quests they receive.

You would receive exp on quest completion no tradeable exp.

Exp per quest does not need to be big, just worthwhile.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #10
Boss Hunter

that sounds fine. there is the issue of a limit though. once you reach level 20 you can only raise 2 skills without raising epic artistry and crafting. which.. even caps spend countless hours with t30 resources to raise. low levels with t7 stuff/no virts/low learnings won't even scratch it. so at most this would only get them to level 20 unless the quests focus on the 2 they're raising in each type so 4 total. otherwise if they get a quest to craft some tier 11+ resource in a different skill.. it'll be tough.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
Boss Hunter

I support dis, in some form or another ^^

Old 03-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

Idea is good but need some polishing.

Crafting exp is somewhat tradeable and have been forever but with lower effectiveness.

Processing mats for others is a good way to raise your skill which everyone does all the time.

Crafting items for others has to be done at 1/3 pace (acceleration off to prevent sb) but if you noticed (thumbs up for Glitch to see it while coding) crafting item yeld way bigger exp (5-6 times or so) oppose to processing mats that don't get sb like making quiver vs spinning silk.

So technically tradable tokens is nothing new here. Only thing is some skills are harder than others to raise , like enchanting vs cloth working or dyeing vs beast mastery etc.

From social point of view it's awesome idea as whole clan could contribute to one person to get its skill up. This will be lowed by new clans , new people who like to do things themselves not to mention entire S2 to break monopoly.

Tokens would have to go to acive skill due level restrictions.

Over all I support this idea as it gives variety of things to do which makes game more attractive.