Fish for flash's
Old 02-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Fish for flash's

This is pk related idea:

Increase reward (for example 3x resource and/or gold) for "flashing" pk

This short boost lasting 5 or 30 min seems reasonable when facing great danger of permanent death (LG redemption) not only from players but mobs as well. Farming and resourcing is very risky while watching over your shoulder with no option to store your loot in town and trade it to safe character.

Real pk is dead so it would be nice addition to spice it up.

@trolls :if you think it would be op for any resons, feel free to abuse it ☺and R.I.P

Old 02-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

Support. The reason the PK system died is cause risk>reward. The solution lies in increasing the reward instead of decreasing the risk, as it's already a pain in misguided's butt to hunt down a PK. Make PKs great again, build a wall around the gay pirate.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
Auction Master

The reason PK died is that people want all the rewards and none of the risk. Glitch already gave them LG redemption, boon to rebuild, trophies are dirt cheap, very few PKKs even bother hunting and still there are few serious PKs.

The reason Joanna threads get so few serious replies is that it's a waste of time typing out a reasonable response when she will just call anyone who disagrees a troll, abandon the thread and start another gimme gimme gimme thread tomorrow.

Why would a PK be farming while red? Isn't that asking to be PKKed? Why would they be a zone close to their level or higher when they're unable to escape? Cos you won't get gold or decent resources anywhere else.

Maybe, just maybe... because they're on S2 and know they won't be forced, won't be PKKed? Asking for more reward while the system is already being abused up the ying-yang. If this were implemented S2 would be flashing happily all day long with absolutely zero change to real PK activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

No sir . S2 got active pkk and we have few recently pkk'd.

Besides I'm actively playing S1 and find it too easy - every resource and gear is within a reach 24/7 - something I didn't used to on s2 where you grind for weeks for high tier silks or resource.

There was a time when it was fairly safe to go pk but not anymore - too many hunters.

Boon is pretty much the same as pk - and with trophies being super cheap it's easy to feed your toon and just reroll.

What I'm trying to achieve here is make a distinction between pk and boon - I have to agree with Sox that risk>reward .

If you gamble with your life it should be worth it.

@Enduir : everyone is entitled to their opinion and ours seem to be different which is fine.
However try to look at things from different perspective. Like wealthy person won't understand homeless on the street , op S1 toon won't understand s2 because never bring character to cap there or neither went pk on main character.

Regardless I appreciate you took effort to make serious response.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #5
Boss Hunter

Js but.. some did it on s1 the first time. Back in 08/09. Without +33% exp. Without da. Without being able to use epics while lacking virts. The only advantages they had was the fact s1 wasn't a total rushjob unlike a certain server.. and that they actually had a population in the triple digits. Without alts ooooo

If cap was still 60 on s2 instead of a rushjob you'd prolly be a lot better off.
1) you'd only need mid tier silks for epics heading towards mid rares for overskillers.
2) when a new player asks if they should play s1 or s2 it'd be 's1 is further along the evolutionary chain. We're pretty top heavy focused on caps with LGS. S2 is a lower level less developed server. You can watch it grow slowly but surely and it's easier to catch up compared to rich caps on s1 endlessly uptiering.' or some such. Maybe the population would have grown slowly too. Now? Now it's 'should I play s1 or s2?' 'well. S1 has plenty of LGS and is pretty top heavy. We've got a lot of people who participate in arena. We've got tons of resources available so you can get basically anything crafted (except that damned 78 arrow I cannot find anywhere). S2 meanwhile.. has far lower population. No competition. (Sorry but looking at tsurguya on s2... Competition is a strong word when a toon under level 40 is an arena gladiator. And it's not like anyone is even scratching Umbra ATM so you can't even say it's fierce competition for champ.) A lack of resources. Silk is rarer than glitch giving out free TCS. Some of the people who do have lg masters are hoarding them. Our epic beasts are fixed'.

Glitch prolly should throw s2 a bone or two. Since him rushing it is why I think they have so many issues and can t develop a player base. (Hope this isn't counting as admin bashing. I just don't see a way to blame the inanimate server itself for the issues.)

Last edited by Blaze; 02-27-2017 at 10:46 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

@ blaze : i need to admit that I agree with you even I don't necessary like it

Yes Umbra is op as he got access to top toons on server and combined their resourcess to create virtually unbeatable character.

I have aprox 40 LG masters (thanks to my implemented idea - all of them are good one as I spent ~40m for transmuting)

I have loads of gold and TCS but it doesn't matter as I cannot build anything due lack of silk. As you said and it's very true that Im getting more free Tcs than high rare silks.

Without building weapons we stuck - all I can do at this point is keep up tiering armors and hoard more resourcess while praying for silk which what I'm doing.

Last edited by Joanna; 02-27-2017 at 11:17 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
Boss Hunter

What killed the community is the enforcement of moderation in the game and forums. Once the forums and game became more dried up and less, interesting, then other people started to quit.
What we have left is people who enjoy the game, and not people who are on solely to bash people.
Granted, we lost quite a few people due to other reasons, but the fact remains you should probably go back to the first 3 years of Nod, back in the forum pages, and look at the threads and their content.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:40 AM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

100% SUPPORT!!! Give PKs 3x trophy grab while flashing... 1 fight and you'd be encumbered unable to put them into storage :P

Old 02-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qratos
100% SUPPORT!!! Give PKs 3x trophy grab while flashing... 1 fight and you'd be encumbered unable to put them into storage :P
Haha. Seriously we talking about resourcess/gold . You would need to carfully choose what to keep since you cannot destroy it and yes 10 sec stun against pkk is bad idea. Yet let's say light resourcess like trapping/foraging might pay off if you manage to stay alive

Old 02-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
Auction Master

i got a few things to say on this but not the time or will for the possible headache atm.. later

Old 02-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #11
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

So... why not utilize some of that hoarded gold and those hoarded mats to help build the server instead of just cradling your stones? If there were more viable, active players on the server then the clans would grow and the auction house would grow. The server would mature a little and there would less of a dead end to it since the economy would be flowing with resources and gold in an increasing way. How are new players supposed to hang around when there is nothing available? How will anything more than what you can only do and hoard on your own ever be available with those new ones not staying? S2 community is a ghost of the community on s1 and not direct due to it being a newer server. It's no wonder s1 can lure players over even taking the bit of slander(mostly playful now, yay) out of the equation.

Okay so... I got off of the original idea a little. Only response I have there is I could have more fun just killing pk's and taking their stack of freshly resourced fun -- Agree with Endy.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:37 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

We craft everything for free and even give away epics which comes with millions in trophies (free) to raise required skills.

There is very few crafters on s2 - pretty much 2-3 folks that really counts.

since ah doesn't have much items we are forced to keep everything in storage - I have 4 chars fully loaded with mats aka storage expanders.

We trying as hard as we can but we need more people to succeed or few tweaks to be successful with smaller player base - RP is an issue for example.

Yes, sometimes im asking for things that sounds like easy button (such ability to stack more than 105) but trust me making potions for 15-20 people takes loads of little mats that takes precious space.

We do struggle and a little boost (even temporary) would help a lot till economy start to get going at its own .

People hoarding and holding as they still need to finish their build to be able farm efficiently and then contribute to economy.

take it slow ? not sure its possible when people staring at all LG's .

As I mention before : after I tried s1 , S2 seem extremely hard core now.

My real wish is to make it grow and flourish. Again stupid silk I dread and hate already that holds dozens of LG's that's ready to make - if we only have way to focus on it - like mini-game to gather it or any other even ridiculous way to be able to get it I would be happy (and pretty sure less "whiny" like you said)

Its out of my hands , I can only suggest things and hope I get some support

Old 02-28-2017, 01:51 AM   #13
Rare Collector

Oh so it wasnt just my imagination if ur storages are actually full of mats you are just handpicking who you all sell to? aka killing the server your self. not wanting any actual competition. not wanting a real match in arena. you your self are killing the server. if u think the toon umbra is op. stick him in a real match with a real toon. not on a server when the only way to get a lg is to beg for mats from jackass.

S2 will never grow when all you guys is do is ask for an easy button and complain like hell when some 1 kills a beast. because they poached it or w/e you all call it. as soon as you sense competition you all shun that player. what happened to pale? did he quit s2 also? couldnt imagine why. how many lvl 85's are not in kcno. the 1 clan that seems to run that waste of time server. if i wanted to make nod more fun on s2 id slit my own wrist and see what happens first i bleed to death or some 1 decides to sell me the other mats i need. or just keeps hording them then wondering why the server aint growing.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

As for you Darklordss :

All you need to do is stop being a douche.

What you keep doing (I see it as exploit) you learn exact location of the beast from your buddies on S1 the just log in to go straight to the spot without looking for it like we do then snatch it and log off.

Also the amount of trash you talk about s2 while you on your S1 char is unbearable.

Then you pop up again on s2 and demanding things on your "I want list" - if it's not available you call everyone names and log off and so.sometimes tries to pkk people who didn't kiss your ass.

It doesn't matter who you are on S1 and how awesome your toon is - on new server you need to contribute and earn some respect. You don't do either, not only that but also you threat and insulting players which is not acceptable.

Try to be part of the team and I'm sure people will treat you differently

Old 02-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #15
Rare Collector

So speaking the truth is called being a douch. Then yes I guess I am. However what your telling me is I shouldnt attempt to pkk. Pk's im confused isnt that the whole point?

All they want is another way to abuse the system glitch I would seriously consider either merge them servers so there is a united server once again. Or just leave them to the medieval ways of thinking that they are better because they started a year before everyone else and they horde all mats. What you dont seemed to get is you all quit s1 because you couldn't make it. So bailed out for the easiest option and now you have a nice little clan are trying to make it harder for every one else. And just getting buffs for yourselfs and getting more exploits just like the beast you all farmed for a couple months.

Keep killing your server. and please provide proof of me slamming s2 on my s1 char.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #16
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords
So speaking the truth is called being a douche. Then yes I guess I am.

This is my experience.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #17
Gem Pouch Expert

For the record : I'm NOT in KCNO and never will be.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #18
Auction Master

well this degraded fast, seems pointless

Old 02-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #19
Gem Pouch Expert

Hah, this got derailed badly.

Question still stand : would it be good idea to allow flashing players to be able pull triple resources ?

Old 02-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna
For the record : I'm NOT in KCNO and never will be.
For the record: You are full of air. I am only saying that to try and respect glitch's guideline/rule to bash the post not the player.

I tried to read this thread without making any comments but, although the transmutation idea you suggested and got implemented was ABSOOLUTE GENIUS on your part, this one like most of your other suggestions are complete and absolute whine posts that are just for your own selfish benefit. you, you, you, you and you and "omg I crafted a low level epic but I got free matts from everyone in clan".

Your hypocrisy is insane and your whine posts are soon to become the joke of the game if they aren't that already. As for you not being part of KCNO... everyone with the slightest brain can identify you by the speech patterns you use... sorry... cant fool anyone and making forums account under another name when your chat is clan is identical to the one in forums... neah... not fooling anyone over the age of 3...

TLDR version: no support for this because no PK in their right minds would go anywhere near a ANY color area other than greys, S2 PKKs are a freaking joke. Your mention about how we recently had someone get pkk-ed is... a joke... Grumbly got pkk-ed because he was farming 1S ustenar and some random person had a personal grudge against him.

@Dorky: you do your thing, haters gonna hate but ilu elfy for that potty mouth you got sometimes