Toon sharing.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
Rare Collector

Default Toon sharing.

http://prntscr.com/cem7uf

With the current way we are allowin toon sharing to be exploited this much by some individuals there really needs to be some sort of. cap to what these toon shares are doing with there toons. currently as it stands i know of toons on s1 and on s2 that are run pretty much all day... this is the same as botting.

Either enforce toon sharing rules, or enforce the rules that state toon sharing is not allowed.

Because right now there is rules in place but only when you scam some one... i dont trust people on this game enough to give people access to my char but if there was some safeguards in place id consider it so i can match what these toon shares are doing.

Even the sitters have sitters. enough is enough. Ban it or delete the rule from terms and conditions

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 09-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

That's like trying to in force people breaking the speed limit with just only one cop.... its just not going to happen.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #3
Rare Collector

So your implying glitch has lost all control on toon sharing?

if this isnt the case somthing needs to be done maybe a 3 month period starting now to allow toon shareing to stop once the new year starts give fair enough warning. then any 1 after that period sharing toons get hit with a hammer...

if the above is done id also like to see a sitter implemented for them who have left for a short period of time. maybe allow toon to arena / farm 7 hours rrt a day, which is about an hour and 10 mins of game play for a sat toon. if the owner isnt back within 3 months, i think the toon should then be unable to be sat, till the owner comes back and plays for another 3 months recharging the sitting feature.

if this is the case i then suggest legalise toon sharing, and put some safeguards in place to avoid people being able to scam some 1.

E.G, A different password for selling / trading tcs or t20+ resources or legendary or gold, to make it so all the person can access would be farming gold. or something along these lines im just spit balling here but im sure all the great nod minds can come up with something to make, a system that is currently unfair, unless u wanna risk getting banned. turning it into something that every one can use.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #4
Boss Hunter

all i mean, is its impossible for any game to always keep track and make sure the original owner is the person on the toon.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

:{ unless glitch checks every single ip every time and somehow filters out people who use public pcs/work pcs/home pcs for different ips.. can just hide the sharing rather than being open. :{ it's not hard to shut off all chats and just farm or arena. if i'm not talking how can you tell if it's me or bob or john or jack? glitch could but does glitch really have the time to go through every single person every single day?

Old 09-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
Rare Collector

Well we could go about arguing all the facts, about hard to control and such, but personally id like to see glitch reply to this thread and give his thoughts. to toon sharing.

In regards to what iv posted above, not about the fact that as long as there is no foul play its allowed junk... because currently its 50/50 of getting banned you trust the wrong person and by 8 years of my life

Last edited by Darklords; 09-05-2016 at 08:30 PM..

Old 09-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

only way is to put on 12 hour timelimits or so of a toon being logged.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #8
Rare Collector

Yea but would that be enforced on all toon or just them that have multiple ips logging them?

Id hate to only be able to play 12 hours a day when on a day off or 2 in a row or a long weekend im on nod pretty much 18 + hours a day... yea thats right nod is life!

Old 09-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #9
Neophyte

King the solution to different ip address is tracking the location of a user. If logins occur at a different geographical location such as the UK and the account was last logged into from somewhere in the US two hours ago it is obviously infeasible to travel that distance and therefore toon sharing or you are spoofing your location for some reason. Of course, if you'd like to get around that there are ways around it.

To Dark Lords point if we had different user access levels with different passwords for each toon you could limit a toon to only be used for whatever function you deem fit. I have a feeling Nod was never made with the idea of user access levels for toons in mind and it would require a lot of work.

There is no great solution to toon sharing, when there is a will there is a way.
I don't believe you can officially "stop it" but you can for sure slow it down or at least level the playing field with a bit of work.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #10
Administrator

Using IP addresses as a means of detection or prevention is too easy to get around and would result in hassles for players without adding any real prevention.

The only viable way to prevent the benefits of toon sharing (not toon sharing itself) would be to limit weekly play on a character to something like 12*7 = 84 hours. This would keep us from hurting people who wanted to go on a bender and play 48 hours straight and still prevent toon sharers from getting more than 12 hours per day value from a character.

We'd be interested to hear if there are any objections to such a plan, and for what reasons.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Only issue would be for teams like me, shad, stormy last 3v3 season. Myself and stormy would log and group before going to work, stay afk logged in group while shad would que to farm tokens. Our team did matchs at all hours of the day (early from shad, mid day from me, later in the day from the 3 of us). Even though we did 0 toon sharing in the entire season our toons arenaed for a large amount of matchs through out the day due to this.

So it could hamper in rare situations like that.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #12
Neophyte

Would the 84 hour timer include idle time? Such as chilling in town talking to clannies or the auto log feature after reset? That would be my only concern.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #13
Rare Collector

and would that also include crafting town walking and other such non profitable grinds?

Also the whole point most of us bought grinder upgrade was to play more and to do more stuff within nod, i personally dont like to see the non toon sharing side of nod getting punished because that would the easiest way to make the people who are breaking terms and conditions. maybe there needs to be an ip check once a month on toons to declare who is sharing?

The side of nod that doesnt share shouldnt be penalised.

Last edited by Darklords; 09-05-2016 at 09:44 PM..

Old 09-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #14
Neophyte

You possibly could just have the timer run anytime you are out of a town or anytime you are in the arena queue. I doubt too much toon sharing happens for crafting skills.

I agree with your point about not being penalised DL but if you are truly an outlier that plays more than 84 hours a week (excluding idle time) you may just have to take the hit. It seems like, correct me if I am wrong, that the bigger issue for you is more so toon sharing in terms of arena boosting all day and not as much the farming/sitting even though both are issues. In which case a timer strictly for active queue time would be a better solution for now.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #15
Rare Collector

The better solution is to punish them for everything not 1 thing or the other, farming / sitting long periods of time is called taking it to the extreme. id be happy for them to use daily rrt and not care less tbh.

The other fact is arena. people running others toons in arena is just getting rewards they wouldnt earn on there own toon. i know people have different time scales.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:40 PM   #16
Boss Hunter

personally if 84 hours don't tick when i'm sitting in town or twing idc. i don't burn tcs and i don't have plans to arena for 12 hours a day so whether i shared or not there's no way i'd use up my 84 hours farming/arenaing :{

in 3v3 team arena when you only get 1-2 rating an hour at the top levels this might be hassle tho. teams like ex/brickk had to queue like 16 hour days to catch up to tsurguyb's team. so guess this would be late season/rusher nerf.

teams like freaky's who afk queued for tokens.. technically can't complain if it's limited i guess. if only 1 member is present for half the matches you're not exactly trying 100% so its undeserved rating for random nubs who can kill that 1. could be abused hiding arena fixing if you had ill intentions.

also might suck for people who can't farm when in arena queue for various reasons like pouch is messed up for pvp auras they're too poor for multiple rune sets etc

Last edited by Blaze; 09-05-2016 at 10:52 PM..

Old 09-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #17
Neophyte

Final thoughts: Okay... what is your proposed way to find the all the correct people to punish them for anything and everything toon sharing related?

IPs are no good
Not sure how glitch feels about location tracking (still not perfect),
Report system? kinda helps narrow it down still not getting everyone.
Nearly 48 hours played within 2 days I guess could work but just a bit of time before people figure that out...
Game play timer limit? apparently no good.
Compile them all together still not perfect and also gets expensive quick and lots of work...
If you cannot pin point you cannot justly punish.

I am sure Glitch has thought about this before. There is a reason Glitch proposed the solution above rather than just clicking the magical admin "ban all toon sharers" button because it is not that simple.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:28 PM   #18
Epic Scholar

Rather than limiting play time that way, I say use the limiter that's already in place: RRT. Remove the ability to burn TCs for RRT and you will simultaneously reduce TC prices while limiting the ability to bot or toon share.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:58 PM   #19
Boss Hunter

issues daer...
a) he makes profit from people burning from rrt.
b) pilg be damned if i gotta spend FOUR freaking months for my second pilg cuz i can't burn tcs.
c) this would not help with arena sharers.
d) only a few people actually burn tcs anyway for toon sharing. most is unrelated to 24/7 burning. main burners are prolly dan shad and dl who play their own toons xD

Old 09-06-2016, 02:44 AM   #20
Gem Pouch Expert

OK. Now. in my honest opinion, this can really be a hastle for people who have an army of their own toons. At this point in time (to a good majority) you can't really tell who's who and who's the real owner of some toons. Alot of these toons have been sat for years to the point where they spend millions-hundred millions of gold on it so this can affect alot of people. Some have dedicated themselves to that toon and call it theirs since all that time of the original owner being gone. Now as I said a while ago. There are different types of sitting in which some should be fixed. And if these toons not being played rot, (which is more than half of nod) imagine how high our resources will be.

Bannable sharers: 2+ players logging 1 toon to either farm by burning tcs or arena practically 24/7. (Which yes same as botting).

Acceptable sharers: Only 1 person logging to farm/do arena which won't affect the game considering whether the toon is played by a sitter or gets played by the owner, there will always be an extra toon buying tcs. (Balances out whether they buy it with irl money or not).

So think about which sharers that really don't hurt our arena and nod economy and the ones who practically bot because this will take alot of work just to stop all sharers including the ones with like 10 of their own toons, or ones who play toons that haven't been played by the original owner in years.

Last edited by Redeye; 09-06-2016 at 04:52 AM..