Old 03-09-2019, 06:40 PM   #101
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Brau's suggestion relies on banning sharing outside his new mechanisms. Unfortunately he failed to read or understand:
All suggestions moving forward need to be ways to eliminate the advantages of sharing, not sharing itself, because it simply cannot be stopped.
You are wrong!!!
My suggestion is about drawing a line which is not possible to interpret differently by different persons.
This will be the foundation of a new rule set about sharing access to accounts.
Check blacklisted actions section, if your biggest problem is: arena dodge, then it's simple: add arena queue to the blacklisted actions with a single exception for premade arena queues: only team members can sit a missing person and queue the team -> problem solved.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #102
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brau
You are wrong!!!
My suggestion is about drawing a line which is not possible to interpret differently by different persons.
This will be the foundation of a new rule set about sharing access to accounts.
Check blacklisted actions section, if your biggest problem is: arena dodge, then it's simple: add arena queue to the blacklisted actions with a single exception for premade arena queues: only team members can sit a missing person and queue the team -> problem solved.
Except, of course, unless they share via the existing methods which are undetectable.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #103
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Except, of course, unless they share via the existing methods which are undetectable.

That's another story, it will be up to you to find people who are breaking the sharing password rule by logging in toons with the owners password through proxies and so on, but then ... they won't be able to dodge in arena because the IP is used for matchmaking.
If they will throw fights, you will be able to catch them ...

Without a base line defined of what is wrong and what's not, this thread will continue for several more pages until it will be forgotten, i guess you would need to bump it up in 6 months again ... for an endless circle around the problem without reaching finality.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #104
Crab Defiler

everyone is crying about dodging(therefore the issue of sharing) none cares if someone is sharing for grinding honestly...but then the arena....well...these days arena means more math than raw power...no matter who is the strongest...it all comes down to activity..and yes...dodging

so why not just make an eliminatory system based arena?

3 vs 3

give a period of 30 days for teams to sign up
make groups of team....to cut the long bla bla bla,make a world championship style arena

3 vs 3 anon

30 days for individual player to sign up....then a lotery to pair up 3 individuals in a team...following the usual elimination system

1 vs 1.....same eliminatory,,,,then semifinals...finals....voila...champion

this system i think it will also stop the * i am better than you,but we never fighted* drama

if my team for example would been excesive active in arena we would finished not on 5th( reminder: this is an example) but on 1st place that would made us champions??according to actual arena yes,,,acording to reality HELL NO...there were some teams we could never beat in this setup...but hey we are champions...all the agitation for a crap prize and a fake ego and fake title....couse yes in this format of arena being champion is just a title...not the truth/reality

Last edited by Zodrack; 03-09-2019 at 07:19 PM..

Old 03-10-2019, 12:13 AM   #105
Gem Pouch Expert

cba to read all this. so we get 84 hours a week max to be in arena or be on nod in general? and the whole minimum q thing seems stupid not everyone has the time to wait in a slow ars q for a hour every day. tho prolly doesnt matter if this stuff is dumb i wont q anymore <_<

tho i do like feeling special so ty all <3 i beat 142 heroic boss and then bosses get HUGE revamp. i win arena and arena gunna get changes now too ;o im seeing a pattern here, i think yew must be jelly ;o
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Last edited by Demons; 03-10-2019 at 12:18 AM..

Old 03-10-2019, 08:27 AM   #106
Epic Scholar

Minimum queue time sounds like a horrible idea. I was queueing during my lunch breaks because I didn't have that much time outside of work to queue. Some people will take 15-30 minutes at a time to queue up because that's all they can do.

Also, not being able to unqueue because you need to poop or your internet starts dying is just plain stupid.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #107
Epic Scholar

By the way, I don't see how doing someone else's pilgrimage for them is supposedly acceptable. That's pretty much the poster child case of botting via sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brau
examples where sharing toons is not harmful:
1) CB alts
2) PL alts
3) Masters holders
4) Questing services
5) Crafting services
6) Periods of inactivity: vacation or IRL taunts
7) Helping friends on Pilg (cause not everyone bots their way up to 90)
8) Doing arena
We have level 90s complaining that they aren't auto-winning the game for being 90 when they didn't even do their own pilgs.

Absurd.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 03-10-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 03-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #108
Rare Collector

you think thats bad? half of these clowns don't even do there own epic tasks...

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 PM   #109
Seer's BFF

Lul, sharing more than what 1 person normally plays is bad. Not doing your own pilg is bad. Not doing your own tasks is bad. Benefiting from things you didn't do is bad. The End.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #110
Administrator

It would appear the 84 hour limit on weekly play hurt no one, i.e. it's only effect is to prevent abuse from character sharing as it was intended.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #111
Seer's BFF

Quote:
It would appear the 84 hour limit on weekly play hurt no one, i.e. it's only effect is to prevent abuse from character sharing as it was intended.
+1