Old 09-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #41
Gem Pouch Expert

DL why exactly do you want toon shareres bant?

Old 09-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #42
Temporarily Suspended

If toon sharing in the arena is really that much of a problem, maybe the time limit should be applied ONLY to time being Qed combined with time being in the arena.That won't hurt farming, but it will limit arena Qers so they can't q 24/7.

(plz don't keel me I just want to help)

Old 09-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #43
Rat Slayer

i jus wanted to say something about this. And i'm speaking on my behalf not others. I sometimes have my brother my IRL brother to sit my toons sometimes. I can't be on nod like I want to...i work over 15hrs a day sometimes, no i'm not sayin its ok but it helps me use my rrt. Thats really all i got to say about this topic. If anything does happen just make sure it applies to everyone no special treatment for anyone. I wish the best for everyone. Have a enjoyable nod life!

SANTA

Old 09-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #44
Rare Collector

Redeye another famous toon sharer. If I wanted poeple banned would be one thing. However I dont I just want nod to be the way glitch designed the game. I aint trying to get anybody banned rather to get people to use commonsense and stop breaking the rules which are clearly in place they may not be enforced but they are there.

Its glitches decision what is done. I am just trying to get the point accross that alot of people disagree with it.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 09-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #45
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklords
Redeye another famous toon sharer. If I wanted poeple banned would be one thing. However I dont I just want nod to be the way glitch designed the game. I aint trying to get anybody banned rather to get people to use commonsense and stop breaking the rules which are clearly in place they may not be enforced but they are there.

Its glitches decision what is done. I am just trying to get the point accross that alot of people disagree with it.
sure you may not share your toon. but are you only person in nod who doesn't share? no. so they would all need to get same treatment. which again means glitch going through literally every toon to find out if they've been shared? aside from a few obvious ones like trojan's toons maybe. and any that he doesn't catch would be able to abuse it if they covered up sharing in some form or another. no 1 toon should get special treatment and unless glitch goes through every toon...

Old 09-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #46
Rare Collector

So my game play should be effected because 70% of nod toon shares? You already said earlier that the 12 hour peeiod per day suits your 4 toons. However I dont have the luxury of having 4 toons to play if I did im sure id be more than happy with it. There is no logic from the toon shares sode they complaining about me trying to get them banned. Did I force you to break the rules if you get banned because toon sharing you best go look in the mirror. I aint trying though because most people I get on well with. Just follow the damned rules... not say oh id follow them if they were enforced. Its quiet simple tbh.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #47
Boss Hunter

Quote:
So my game play should be effected because 70% of nod toon shares? You already said earlier that the 12 hour peeiod per day suits your 4 toons. However I dont have the luxury of having 4 toons to play if I did im sure id be more than happy with it. There is no logic from the toon shares sode they complaining about me trying to get them banned. Did I force you to break the rules if you get banned because toon sharing you best go look in the mirror. I aint trying though because most people I get on well with. Just follow the damned rules... not say oh id follow them if they were enforced. Its quiet simple tbh.
unless a rule is enforced it's just a guideline.
i'm not complaining about if i get bant or limited. i just don't want 1 toon getting a privilege no one else does. a few people like brother shouldn't get screwed while 1 person benefits. kinda "you live together you die together you share hardships and benefits"? totes butchered that saying.

(picking brother as example cuz he's the person who comes to my mind most for would never share)

Old 09-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #48
Rare Collector

most of us have paid a crap ton of irl moneys to play nod.

for my playtime to be cut because of others actions and it being the only option that seems to fit the situation and to fix what is currently being exploited.

All im saying is i bought perma premi as most know so i dont need to worry about using tcs for it, that also has encouraged me from being on xbox as well as on nod to just being all ways on nod. which tbh i like. most see it as excessive farming but i see it as a great pass time. arena for me doesnt interest me at all it actually makes me rage alot. if there was a pve way of getting tempers i wouldnt even bother with it. so yes u could say my main goal in nod is to farm. and by putting this cap in place its like i said when i take time out from work, im the going to be hitting the limit that is set in place. to punish toon shares. i dunno if thats the best way to deal with it tbh... it seems like id be losing out on the joy of bookin holidays and farmin till i start to fall asleep at the keyboard.

I dont actually see the point to keep going round in circles so this will be my last post i think on this thread, what happens will be.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #49
Boss Hunter

since dl asked i'll give my perspective as one of the more famous toon sharers in nod...

the time limit won't do much to toon sharers. in arena.. 12 hours a day is plenty to queue. aside from freaky last season and rushers doubt anyone broke 12 hours a day. pve... i honestly know no toons who are used to farm this much. there might exist a couple... but for overall majority of toon sharers this will have no effect whatsoever. it would have been good back when jaym/mangayatay were in queue 24 hours straight maybe. but now idk anyone going that crazy for tokens. and again for farming.. only so many toons can profit when burning tcs for rrt and idk any that are farmed over 12 hours a day except maybe darklords. i don't expect time limit to do anything.

time limit feels more like "i'll ignore a bit of toon sharing but don't go beyond the limits and get to point of abuse." kinda like can't steal items and stuff. it's a loose thing that will stop the heavy abusers but not do much to the general population.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:31 PM   #50
Administrator

There would be no exceptions to the rule, however, the entire premise is to establish a limit that a single person playing a toon cannot exceed, even in a 1 week total bender. Beyond 15 hours of *active* time a day for a week is probably approaching an unhealthy lack of sleep, food, and other bodily requirements, considering it would probably mean 18+ hours of Nod per day depending on how much you chat, etc.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #51
Rare Collector

well tbh putting the cap in place will stop excess farming if the char uses has more than 1 person farmin on it. however this doesnt stop the countless toon who's owners are inactive from arening because a sitter or some 1 looking after the toon is arenaing on earning the owner tokens and the such while they are not actually using the toon. this for me is the main issue. as 1 it prevents them 2 toons or more from crossing each other in the arena system, takes up a spot in the top 150 taking away tcs from people that would qualify for them if that toon was in fact invalid.

The time constants only seems to affect farming based toon sharing and not the major issue which is normally addressed by multiple people at the end of nearly every arena season. take andresan for instant at the end of solo arena. when he complained about it then. that is one of the main issues that needs to be fixed.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #52
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
well tbh putting the cap in place will stop excess farming if the char uses has more than 1 person farmin on it. however this doesnt stop the countless toon who's owners are inactive from arening because a sitter or some 1 looking after the toon is arenaing on earning the owner tokens and the such while they are not actually using the toon. this for me is the main issue. as 1 it prevents them 2 toons or more from crossing each other in the arena system, takes up a spot in the top 150 taking away tcs from people that would qualify for them if that toon was in fact invalid.

The time constants only seems to affect farming based toon sharing and not the major issue which is normally addressed by multiple people at the end of nearly every arena season. take andresan for instant at the end of solo arena. when he complained about it then. that is one of the main issues that needs to be fixed.
So what you're saying is we should have less ppl in nod que up? So just like s2 where there are handful of ppl queing and because of the amount of toons that are on s2 everyone gets to win a tc? Lower toons stay low until they get stronger.

Now the main problem are toon sharers who have multiple ppl on 1 toon and not 1 person on 1 toon. This makes no difference whether the sitter or actual owner is playing. It only gives arena a faster que. For instance. I used all my fights on redeye and that is -1 toon in que = slower que. Now imagine this with like 10 more people. Say we had another toon of ours we want to que on, at least que will go at the same rate still. This is not making a difference. Now if we had 2+ people queing on the same toon for 24/7 that is going to cause a major problem as said before.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #53
Boss Hunter

12 hours per day and limit control per week is normal for normal people, i believe.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #54
Rare Collector

it is making a diffrence because the people stuck at the bottom of the queue are missing out on tcs. aka slowing them down from getting stronger and climbing the ranks. s2 is controlled by 5 toon arena is also controlled by them same 5 toons, s1 is the same sept them toons aint run by there original owners the for taking the tcs from the up and coming new players. but as a person currently exploiting this system ofc u wouldnt agree with it.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #55
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
it is making a diffrence because the people stuck at the bottom of the queue are missing out on tcs. aka slowing them down from getting stronger and climbing the ranks. s2 is controlled by 5 toon arena is also controlled by them same 5 toons, s1 is the same sept them toons aint run by there original owners the for taking the tcs from the up and coming new players. but as a person currently exploiting this system ofc u wouldnt agree with it.
I still don't get why you are pointing fingers at me considering just because i sit many toons (or at least used to since atm dont have time) doesn't mean im any better than you. I don't get the complaining when you are in 2nd place in arena and you are one of the best in pvp and pve. You are able to bun tcs nonstop and making insane profit. You buy many tcs even with demigod which mean you have other alts you are feeding or you are burning them for more rrt. I can't even do that anymore.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #56
Rare Collector

so wait im confused your complaining because my toon is op enough to finish high in arena and because i can farm and make a profit?

Your argument is pointless i follow the terms and conditions on this game you dont.

Your using toons that aint urs to gain free tcs from arena there for taking them out of the hands of the people who are playing there own toons. maybe if u invested as much gold into 1 toon and instead of 10 toons of who eva they belong to. you would have a valid point there for u dont.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #57
Crab Defiler

A far simpler system is simply to add "fatigue" to the game.

Okay, so:
you receive 8 real hours per real day to perform "fatiguing" tasks, which are things that consume rested time. In order words, every 3 hours, server time, you get 1 (RL) hour to use rested time. The total amount you can store would be capped at 12 hours.

You can do things such as townwalking, sitting in town, trading, chatting etc without using any ''fatigue''.

Now, when you run out of ''fatigue'', you get the default rates that come from having no rested time at all, and your rested time is 'frozen' until your next fatigue cycle.

Having TM+Prem means you'd get things at the rate you would as if you had TM toggled on. Naturally, having TM turned on stops the depletion of your Fatigue time with the same behaviour as rested time.

Note: fatigue time moves at realtime regardless of acceleration upgrades, thus incentivising the purchase of such upgrades. 12 fatigue hours x3 = 36 RT hours, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
They may have just gotten the squirts.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:09 PM   #58
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
so wait im confused your complaining because my toon is op enough to finish high in arena and because i can farm and make a profit?

Your argument is pointless i follow the terms and conditions on this game you dont.

Your using toons that aint urs to gain free tcs from arena there for taking them out of the hands of the people who are playing there own toons. maybe if u invested as much gold into 1 toon and instead of 10 toons of who eva they belong to. you would have a valid point there for u dont.
Actually if you didn't know, Toon sharing is allowed as long as:
A- there's no hassles/scams between the sitter and owner.
B- as long as not more than 1 person plays a single toon so people don't que for arena and farm 24/7.

People have sitters because the owners will want to come back strong. I can give a huge list of toons who had sitters for years and the owners came back upto date because previously they were busy irl.

Last edited by Redeye; 09-06-2016 at 07:13 PM..

Old 09-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #59
Rare Collector

i could point out and say how would we know if them rules are being followed? its all comes down to if glitch is checking toons for these actions, all i know is that i disagree with what yall are doing it kills the point for arena. its the same toons but not the same owners every season countless top 30 toons are logged by different hands. its not for me to prove however glitch will do what he decides is the best course of action. im glad that in your mind what ur doing does effect the game at all and effects others chances at getting tcs. Fair well for now and happy sharing!

Old 09-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #60
Neophyte

personally, i like thesins idea, the one about a fatigue metre. it seems like a great idea with a great concept and a good way to limit farming and arena time without hassling too many people. there wouldnt be any special treatment or anything like that. everyone would get an equal ammount of time, and it would all come down to how wisely people use that time might even lower the price of tc's and other things aswell.

just my personal opinion, wont say anymore, enjoy the rest of the evening all