Mild shield gem buff
Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Crab Defiler

Default Mild shield gem buff

Since dmg absorbing gems don't scale with the dmg bonus in arena, i thought as an alternative a mild buff of making stun/daze/mez/blind effects unable to land while shielded

To be clear this wouldn't cure any existing conditions that landed, just prevent new ones from being applied - only while shield is in effect

Old 08-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

lol I would like that :P

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
Administrator

Sounds a bit overpowered, but a skill to reduce such chances while shielded might be in balance. We'd be interested to hear other opinions.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #4
Temporarily Suspended

What about this?AN idea I posted on skill suggestion thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
Explosive shielding. Gives a 0.25% per point that when your damage barrier is broken it explodes dealing damage equal to half as much health it had before breaking. Fading shields have a chance of exploding every time they fade. They deal physical damage when exploding but only half as often.. (Not testudo)
I would personally replace it with:
Mystic/Shield/Enchanted Shrapnel, level 40/60 Psych Magic:
Whenever a damage barrier is damaged the attacker will take up to 20% of damage dealt.Half damage if the damaged damage barrier is fading.Works with testudo.

This could make grey magic defensive utility and armor barrier procs a bit offensive, making grey magic and damage barrier procs more useful.

On the other hand, the mez, daze, stun and blind "resistance/duration reduction" sounds fine as well to me.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:28 AM   #5
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Sounds a bit overpowered, but a skill to reduce such chances while shielded might be in balance. We'd be interested to hear other opinions.
i could support a skill like that

Old 08-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #6
Rare Collector

I think thats a good way to make Shield gems more popular, along with Enchanter class and Enchantrix stave. And make it so that Staff users casting those have or cause more benefit.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:
Trojan's Transparent Legendary Pictures
S1: DTM Inc Crafting Thread

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 08-05-2016 at 09:05 AM..

Old 08-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomicon
Since dmg absorbing gems don't scale with the dmg bonus in arena, i thought as an alternative a mild buff of making stun/daze/mez/blind effects unable to land while shielded

To be clear this wouldn't cure any existing conditions that landed, just prevent new ones from being applied - only while shield is in effect
Still selling r9/r8 epic shield gems for 6m/3m per! If this happens price goes to 7.5m/4.5m!

In all seriousness though, this has been suggested...and said no to before. But I'd still love to see some sort of boost to shield gems...just, not so much as to make them better than what they need to be and what they're intended to be.

Maybe something along the lines of at level 100, take 1/2 the level of the gem as a % to "resist" the above status effects. So a rank 9 epic, level 100, would be 50% at most. If the gem was level 20, 100 in the skill would give 10% to resist the effect. Then just word it nicely so that makes sense to the dumb people.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeDaScout
What about this?AN idea I posted on skill suggestion thread:

I would personally replace it with:
Mystic/Shield/Enchanted Shrapnel, level 40/60 Psych Magic:
Whenever a damage barrier is damaged the attacker will take up to 20% of damage dealt.Half damage if the damaged damage barrier is fading.Works with testudo.

This could make grey magic defensive utility and armor barrier procs a bit offensive, making grey magic and damage barrier procs more useful.

On the other hand, the mez, daze, stun and blind "resistance/duration reduction" sounds fine as well to me.

this

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #9
Crab Defiler

Quote:
If too overpowered, i guess the only other optin would be % to resist, or make/modify a companion skill to add % to resist.

Seems to me though if you are shielded, you should be shielded temporarily from everything.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #10
Boss Hunter

could give/make a skill that gives 25% while shielded, same as a hoggie

Old 08-11-2016, 05:47 AM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

i cant support this if the gem buff has any effect on daze/stun/mez, with the immunity gems/hogs theres already plenty to counter these effects and adding a buff to shield gems to further reduce these is not needed. however they do need a buff of sorts maybe something a long the lines of what flippy suggested make them slightly offensive as well.

or even an epic skill that boosts the size off all shielding gems by 25% (think about heals/cures they both have auras/pets that boost them making the shields gems severely weak in comparasion and thus not used.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #12
Epic Scholar

how about combo heal shield gems

or give shields a cleanse effect on disperse... not complete cleanse

similar to cure gems

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-12-2016, 05:33 AM   #13
Rare Collector

Could Make Auras that would benefit Shield gems like Angelic for heals, like the one that would decrease amount of decaying Shield over time or something.

Im agreed with what Devil said.

But from my own experience, what shield gems are already very good at, is when they are used in 1v1 arena VS heavily Vamping opponents, it is what they are already very good at, so keep that in mind when Buffing them any further.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 08-12-2016 at 07:27 AM..

Old 08-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #14
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atropos
Make Auras that would benefit Shield gems like Angelic for heals, like the one that would decrease amount of decaying Shield over time or something.
now this is interesting, an aura that both increases shield capacity and makes fading ones lose less than 50% per tic would be nice.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #15
Rare Collector

Unfading Veil
Rarity: Legendary
Color: Grey
Increases amount of non fading absorb damage absorbtion shield placed on you by 20% and causes Fading damage absorb shield barriers pending on you from fading. Affected by Gem handing as an aura gem. Igores Upkeep cost.

OR

Unfading Veil
Rarity: Legendary
Color: Grey
Increases amount of fading absorb damage absorbtion shield placed on you by 20% and causes Fading damage absorb shield barriers pending on you decay twice slower. Affected by Gem handing as an aura gem. Igores Upkeep cost.

Or anything like that.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 08-12-2016 at 07:38 AM..