Arena Season... how long?
Old 07-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty
Default Arena Season... how long?

So are the arena season quarterly or semi annual?

6 months is an aweful long time I feel for an arena season, the top teams stay at the top and gain 40k tokens or more.

SOme people were mentioning how rush is kind of BS as well, maybe they can post here and not look butthurt yet.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 07-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
Crab Defiler

i think the length of the season is based off the number 1 teams rating as to wether or not they can get x8 tempers. and yes rush week is not very kool for those who invest all season long. idc if the team that wins cuz of rush week is the best, u want to win play all season long like the rest of us

Old 07-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

I kinda agree that 6 months is long. Predetermined start/end dates for arena would be nice. Doesn't feel op or easy to abuse or anyhing. I don't really mind rush when arena is 6 months long cuz why should anyone have to dedicate half a year of their life to nod for an online competition.. if arena was like 3 months I would 't mind getting rid of rush altogether but if it's gonna stay 5 months or w/e I want it around so people can catch up without wasting half a year of their life.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
Boss Hunter

i always have had issues with rush week....to start with it is more like 3 weeks because of the warning teams are given so they can not play all season then build a team and work their way up for 2 weeks than really pour it on in rush week and take top 10 spots. There should be no warning at all just wake up some morning and hey season is over hope you did well. This would force teams to play all season and keep Q's far more active then they are now. just my 2 cents.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #5
Crab Defiler

yeah i like that idea jade

Old 07-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

I agree 100% ^---------------

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 07-31-2016, 01:01 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedsoul
i always have had issues with rush week....to start with it is more like 3 weeks because of the warning teams are given so they can not play all season then build a team and work their way up for 2 weeks than really pour it on in rush week and take top 10 spots. There should be no warning at all just wake up some morning and hey season is over hope you did well. This would force teams to play all season and keep Q's far more active then they are now. just my 2 cents.
That wouldn't work jade. That basically means glitch picks the winner. Say first and second are close all season. *OK the team I like more just took first again. Season ends in 5 minutes*

And you dislike rush cuz you die. You didn't see me complaining about rushees last team season cuz I still kept winning. Rush is only bad for the weak teams and maybe the couple strong teams with tight time constraints

Old 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM   #8
Crab Defiler

6 Months is too long for a season, announce this week plz.

Rush kicks ass, dont' know what u guys talkin about

Old 07-31-2016, 02:35 PM   #9
Boss Hunter

okay than instead of an instant stop blaze how about a last week of arena starts today with no rush week bonus still just normal gains and losses.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
Boss Hunter

i would support that if seasons were shorter jade. 3 months ish. 5 months is just too long to really wanna be forced to do full season but except for 2-3 teams most still do 2-3 months

Old 07-31-2016, 05:18 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Arena season being 5-6 months is not enjoyable, at least to everyone i have talked to. If you need tokens for tempers you put up with the grind since you have no option, if you dont then theres 0 point grinding out arena for more then bonus (even that is meh) .

Rush week, while i understand people dislike those who havent done arena all season losing rating, if you lose, then the team you lost to is stronger. If the system changed to there being no rush week 2x things could happen. Fewer people bothering with arena or more people arenaing and the better teams still beating those complaining about losing to rush teams.

Personally i would prefer there to be either shorter season (1-3 months) with a 1-2 week notice of when the season is over with no rush bonus. That or for there to be some sort of way to get tempers pve, and some sort of tournament that happens every 1-2 months.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

rush week is nice however the announcement that rush week will start on a certain date doesnt really make it a rush week of such as this gives teams time to change into full pvp and just battle it out like a normal week with increased rating gains, its more like a final week rather than rush. if the announcement of rush week was reduced to say 2-3 days (gives the teams who dont queue everyday until rush a chance to see the message) that would work a lot better in my opinion.

or we can just make seasons shorter with pre-determined start+finish dates and get rid of rush week altogether.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:50 PM   #13
Boss Hunter

It could be better without rush week and spread that x2 inside season. Also i never understand the limit of +2 levels in tempers, the reason it was implemented.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:53 PM   #14
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakymagic
Arena season being 5-6 months is not enjoyable, at least to everyone i have talked to. If you need tokens for tempers you put up with the grind since you have no option, if you dont then theres 0 point grinding out arena for more then bonus (even that is meh) .

Rush week, while i understand people dislike those who havent done arena all season losing rating, if you lose, then the team you lost to is stronger. If the system changed to there being no rush week 2x things could happen. Fewer people bothering with arena or more people arenaing and the better teams still beating those complaining about losing to rush teams.

Personally i would prefer there to be either shorter season (1-3 months) with a 1-2 week notice of when the season is over with no rush bonus. That or for there to be some sort of way to get tempers pve, and some sort of tournament that happens every 1-2 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil
rush week is nice however the announcement that rush week will start on a certain date doesnt really make it a rush week of such as this gives teams time to change into full pvp and just battle it out like a normal week with increased rating gains, its more like a final week rather than rush. if the announcement of rush week was reduced to say 2-3 days (gives the teams who dont queue everyday until rush a chance to see the message) that would work a lot better in my opinion.

or we can just make seasons shorter with pre-determined start+finish dates and get rid of rush week altogether.
i agree with both of you :{ there are ways glitch can change it to make it better but getting rid of rush while still making it take half a year doesn't feel right. and for shorter seasons whether he removes rush or only gives 2-3 days notice of when it'll happen idc either way

Old 07-31-2016, 08:35 PM   #15
Rare Collector

Too much of anything doesnt feel good. I agreed.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:
Trojan's Transparent Legendary Pictures
S1: DTM Inc Crafting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Atropos is correct.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:39 PM   #16
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomicon
6 Months is too long for a season, announce this week plz.

Rush kicks ass, dont' know what u guys talkin about
^ Pretty much this.

Imo, seasons should be around 3 months long... it's long enough for people to get their rating to a decent level, and short enough that you can dedicate 2-3 months to taking arena seriously, and not feeling like your life's becoming too much of a hole.

On the topic of rush, have you guys forgotten why it was first instated? The point is to make arena more competitive, and less about who has the best ability to dodge and queue at odd hours when the other top teams are asleep. Imo, arena should be about who's the strongest, not who has the most free time... but in the end, it typically boils down to a mixture of the two.

Not sure why you guys hate rush as a concept so much, too. It's a nice reprieve from spending long stints of queuing, with no other teams in sight. Rush allows people to buckle down, finalise their PvP builds and causes a more competitive and lively environment; paralleled to the rest of the season which just seems to be a token fiesta.

Randomly announcing an end would ultimately appease the minority, and likely just lead to a situation in which even less people decide to invest themselves in arena, knowing a week of inactivity could lose them top prizes. But who knows, maybe I'm in the minority saying it's a bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeygoesmoo
Soxson gave Magic Johnson AIDS

Old 07-31-2016, 10:11 PM   #17
Boss Hunter

yeah 6 months is ages, let us have meaningful fights all season rather than just at the end, would make for a more enjoyable arena... not to mention waiting 6 months to temper sux

Old 07-31-2016, 10:25 PM   #18
Temporarily Suspended

Support for the 3 month arena, and also tokens should be doubled, since the arena itself would last shorter

Old 07-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #19
Administrator

I think it's been a while since there was a 6 month arena season. We've been tending toward the shorter end of the 4-6 month target. Expect an announcement soon about this season's rush starting and the next season's format.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:10 AM   #20
Temporarily Suspended

Thanks for responding, Glitchless!^^