A new type of pKing,.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
Crab Defiler

Default A new type of pKing,.

Hey all
we all love pKing pks like to pk hunters like to pk pks and such but with dedicate hunter alts who's sole purpose is to just skill up and sit at various levels to kill pks it's a death wish for all those who aren't capped. And even then still risky. Further more with upgrades like accell and double accell unless you have them pKing is a death wish because you can't traverse the map as fast. I and many others feel that the system should be reworked. As a former low level pk myself I know the thrill that comes with killing someone and running for my life. But anyways suggestions

Suggestions
As with any reworked system this is fairly heavy and I tried to account for every level of the game. Please read it before jumping on board.

System changes:
No more global message after killing someone the person who died should have to say so and so killed them. Have a bounty board set up in each town to the right of the church entrance after a death to a pk you get the option to post a bounty for 50 gold which goes to a town bounty board

Can only force combat similar to clan battles so with in 10 levels of yourself. Gives some cohesiveness in forced pvp.

People slain by a bandit can not be forced or force combat on any one for 4 hours
After killing someone you flash red but for an hour instead of half an hour.
You get 2x combat exp from mobs while flashing or after killing a pk which last one hour. No more 3x gold exp and trophies.
Force combat renamed to rob
No more capital punishment
Let free players rob people and bounty hunt. You market the game as pvp action open the pvp up more to free accounts, reduce the gold gained by 50% for free players 75% for standard.
Can no longer move stuff to storage while in player combat.
New skills
These fall under social and can only be leveled by pKing or hunting pks

Banditry (level 1 social)
When you successfully rob someone you steal a percentage of their gold equal to this skill
At level 25 you can steal 1 stack of items from their inventory
At level 75 you can steal 2 additional stacks

Bounty hunter(level 1 social)
Upon killing a pk you take all their gold and any non soul bound items in their inventory. The pkis then jailed costing them 7 hours rested time in addition to normal death penalties. Plus an additional 1% of their remaining rested time per level in this skill.
They are jailed in the last town the bounty hunter visted until they are at positive rested time and any auctions they had are removed. The bounty hunter is transported there with them.

Good behaviour (level 1 stat(can be leveled as any stat skill))
Upon dying as a bandit you lose up to 6 hours less rt depending on the level of this skill

Hidden pouches (level 1 stat)
Upon dying to a bandit you lose up to 90% less gold depending on the level of this skill.

New item
Bank note
Buyable at any general store costs 10000 sells to store at 9500
Explanations
-no more permanent death
People put a lot of time in to their toons and giving up hours upon hours of work and money for stealing a couple stacks of items isn't a fair trade I feel my proposed system offers good rewards and equal risks with the potential to lose all stored rrt and go up to 8 hours and 30 minutes in to negative rrt for dying as a bandit in addition to all gold and non sb items in inventory fair and interesting.

Stealing gold wtf?!
this is the primary reward for robbing someone you might get an item that's worth a lot but really they should a put it in storage if it was thay valuable. And there is a skill to reduce losses of gold a capped player with 20 million out farming stands to lose up to 2 million can protect that with bank notes.

Losing rested time wtf!!
Rob someone in real life see what happens. And just like in real life you can buy your way out lol.

Bank notes don't sell back at full price wtf!!!
Bank fees.

Anyways tell me what you think.

Glitch you've used my idea for clan alignment with some changes give this a shot also did you get my email?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

support!

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 06-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
Crab Defiler

Why floppy explain start the discussion. What aspects do you like about it and why?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #4
Boss Hunter

So long...dun wanna read...guess I should tho..

Old 06-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapreaverTwo
Hey all
we all love pKing pks like to pk hunters like to pk pks and such but with dedicate hunter alts who's sole purpose is to just skill up and sit at various levels to kill pks it's a death wish for all those who aren't capped. And even then still risky. Further more with upgrades like accell and double accell unless you have them pKing is a death wish because you can't traverse the map as fast. I and many others feel that the system should be reworked. As a former low level pk myself I know the thrill that comes with killing someone and running for my life. But anyways suggestions

Suggestions
As with any reworked system this is fairly heavy and I tried to account for every level of the game. Please read it before jumping on board.

System changes:
No more global message after killing someone the person who died should have to say so and so killed them. Have a bounty board set up in each town to the right of the church entrance after a death to a pk you get the option to post a bounty for 50 gold which goes to a town bounty board

I don't really support this. If you just target afk people (pretty easy. 90% of the people Mel made millions off pking were people dumb enough to afk out of town) you can basically never be found. Look at epic beasts even. With a hint even narrowing it down it can take an hour+ before we find it. No hint or clue as to where a pk could be out of thousands of squares? Who would bother with such a wild goose chase.

Can only force combat similar to clan battles so with in 10 levels of yourself. Gives some cohesiveness in forced pvp.

full support if it affects both pks and pkks. Hate caps who pick on low levels when pk and it's kinda lame if some bored cap hunts a level 30 pk.

People slain by a bandit can not be forced or force combat on any one for 4 hours

doesn't really feel needed. I assume it wouldn't operate based on rrt like it currently does if it got changed.

After killing someone you flash red but for an hour instead of half an hour.

no support. A half an hour is long enough. I don't wanna have to suffer a penalty if I die just cuz I couldn't devote an hour straight of my life without going afk for anything. (Replied to this before reading good behavior skill. With such a light slap on the wrist guess idc either way)

You get 2x combat exp from mobs while flashing or after killing a pk which last one hour. No more 3x gold exp and trophies.

stat exp bonus only...meh. How many caps have all stat skills aside from defiance capped? Kinda crappy for a bonus. Btw even currently we don't get triple gold.

Force combat renamed to rob
No more capital punishment

I assume this means permadeath? Not much feedback on that. I won't be going pk again since I find it boring and idc if others permadie or not.

Let free players rob people and bounty hunt. You market the game as pvp action open the pvp up more to free accounts, reduce the gold gained by 50% for free players 75% for standard.

support

Can no longer move stuff to storage while in player combat.

you can't even currently iirc. You gotta move stuff to storage in mob combat while the pk is stalking you.

New skills
These fall under social and can only be leveled by pKing or hunting pks

Banditry (level 1 social)
When you successfully rob someone you steal a percentage of their gold equal to this skill
At level 25 you can steal 1 stack of items from their inventory
At level 75 you can steal 2 additional stacks

suppose it'd make pk more viable so support I guess.

Bounty hunter(level 1 social)
Upon killing a pk you take all their gold and any non soul bound items in their inventory. The pkis then jailed costing them 7 hours rested time in addition to normal death penalties. Plus an additional 1% of their remaining rested time per level in this skill.
They are jailed in the last town the bounty hunter visted until they are at positive rested time and any auctions they had are removed. The bounty hunter is transported there with them.

meh. Doubt people would level this unless they had everything else capped.

Good behaviour (level 1 stat(can be leveled as any stat skill))
Upon dying as a bandit you lose up to 6 hours less rt depending on the level of this skill

meh. Removes nearly all the penalty for dying then. Since only idiots or people with no alts would keep gold/valuable unsb stuff on their pk. The jailed was basically the only real penalty you had if they don't lose gear/skills.

Hidden pouches (level 1 stat)
Upon dying to a bandit you lose up to 90% less gold depending on the level of this skill.

if banditry got implemented this would definitely be a requirement.

New item
Bank note
Buyable at any general store costs 10000 sells to store at 9500

Low levels wouldn't lose enough money to bother with this prolly...and caps turn gold into tcs/resources...so what audience would this cater to?

Explanations
-no more permanent death
People put a lot of time in to their toons and giving up hours upon hours of work and money for stealing a couple stacks of items isn't a fair trade I feel my proposed system offers good rewards and equal risks with the potential to lose all stored rrt and go up to 8 hours and 30 minutes in to negative rrt for dying as a bandit in addition to all gold and non sb items in inventory fair and interesting.

Stealing gold wtf?!
this is the primary reward for robbing someone you might get an item that's worth a lot but really they should a put it in storage if it was thay valuable. And there is a skill to reduce losses of gold a capped player with 20 million out farming stands to lose up to 2 million can protect that with bank notes.

Losing rested time wtf!!
Rob someone in real life see what happens. And just like in real life you can buy your way out lol.

Bank notes don't sell back at full price wtf!!!
Bank fees.

Anyways tell me what you think.

Glitch you've used my idea for clan alignment with some changes give this a shot also did you get my email?
:{

Last edited by Blaze; 06-13-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #6
Crab Defiler

The bounty board would be a pseudo global announcement requires more activity on the killed part and on the hunters part but the name would stay on the list until the pk is jailed. So it's a marked for life kind of thing.
Sure an epic beast can take a while to be found with the hint but the bounty would never expire and eventually a bandit would be found if someone was looking for em.

Yup its for both pks and pks

Yes it's 4 hours real time.

Flashing red isn't as much as a penalty with the lack of global announcements you could for instance kill a level 76 player and than go afk in active volcano or something for an hour and I doubt someone would find you. It's more of a stay away from town kind of mechanic or a i'm gonna rob this one guy on a square with 8 people on it. Bandits like to pick off the isolated not those in big groups unless it's a big group of bandits to help.

I felt with the reduced punishment reduce benefits were needed no more permanent death so no more 3x stuff.

As for the skills portion
The two skills only level by robbing people or killing pks, would gain experience in them as a white mob of the killed's level similar to the skill that levels only from referrals buying stuff.

The good behaviour skill could probably use a tweak or maybe restrictions only a bandit can trade with a bandit. When the game was releases pks couldn't enter towns again or trade with non pks which at its core made sense but because of the risks and lack of crafting back in the day it wasn't able to take off. I know a lot of capped people only farm on rrt so going negative an hour costs five dollars to immediately fix and to be able to get rrt on reset again or 10 dollars with out good behaviour. Or time with two days for premium or standard to start getting rrt gains and longer for free players.
Maybe have bounty hunting be an epic level 40 stat skill and good behaviour gain a level every time you die as a bandit.

Even with the loss reduction skill a bandit stands to gain a fair amount of gold bank notes seem sort of unneeded in retrospect because of the reduction and vice versa. I added those last minute when I was tired lol.

Thanks for the input kingz I explained everything you didn't support in red.
How would you change this idea to make it better

Old 06-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

>.> just in case there is confusion King on forums (ie me) does not = kingzs in game. :{ I'm blaze.

Still seems like a lot of effort but guess some might be willing.I'd change bounty from 50g to up to 50k max. Caps wouldn't be very motivated to hubt a bandit over 50-500g. However if a few people put up 10 25 50k bounties it'd add up enough to be motivating.

4 hours real time doesn't really feel required to change from current system but either way works.

Yeah with slap on the wrist an hour flashing is minor.

With reduced penalties yeah don't really need the bonus. Still would be nice if it was learning exp instead of stat >.>

Interesting leveling system for the skills. Will prolly stop people from leveling them strictly for more boon on reroll

Limiting bandits on trading kinda takes away from being a bandit. Some of the best things you can loot are like epic tps or t30 resources which have no STS value so unless they can sell or auction it'd take away the main benefit. And if they can auction they can easily auction for next to nothing to give to an alt so they have nothing important if they die. The issue would be what they do with the gold they loot. Would need to buy something like tcs or resources to auction that back to alt too.

Changing how good behavior levels would be better. Would be 3.6 minutes a level so doubt people are gonna spam dying intentionally just to lower penalty.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #8
Crab Defiler

I don't care anymore, I'm still going to play nod but due to real life reasons will no longer be socially interacting with anyone.
How do I remove my forum account

Old 06-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #9
Boss Hunter

:{ shame to hear that. Afaik no way to remove a forums account. Even ones glitch permabans still exist.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

No support

Old 06-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #11
Rare Collector

I haven't read everybody's responses, just the original post. I am sorry sap, I can't support this at all. I actually liked pking when it was as dangerous as it was back then. The level restrictions for pkking a pker make me angry. I think if you go pk, anybody should be allowed to hunt. I also disagree with the pk bunus we get now. If I was going to support this, it would just to get more people to go pk. The rules I would have are the following:
1. Once a pker forces, he/she with stay flashing red at ALL times.
2. Once a pker forces, he /she will be unable to enter town for a full hour REAL TIME. (If you don't have the time to be dedicated to running, it is advised to not go pk.
3. if you go pk at level 20, ANY player can hunt. No more level restrictions.
4. NO MORE PK BONUS!!! 1 kill pk's make me mad. That isn't a real pk.
Talking about perm kills. I don't think anybody should be able to go pk without consequences, but I do believe that the perm death is a bit much. What would make me go pk on evilviper again is lets say...if you die as a pk, you loose all gold on the pker, all unsoulbound items, and 24 hours RT! No perm death, but then you have a restriction to hunting pk's or pking again for 3 months and your pk points and pkk points are reset.