arena rating
Old 06-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Auction Master

Default arena rating

lower than 1 point rating shouldnt even be possible during rush week, specially without losing several in a row. imo at least. could it please be made to have minimum of 1 point a match?

i put in bug section cause 0.5 several times in a row and some reporting 0.2 just seems very buggy during rush

Old 06-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Temporarily Suspended

Got 0.3 yesterday. Two days ago had gains like 9-13, today is second day i'm receiving some silly factors of previous minimums: 0.3-0.5. Pllpl say they had 6 rating gain in arena i had less than 3 rating gain. Looks very strange :\

Old 06-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Administrator

There's nothing too strange about it. It's the result of losing matches that should have easily been won which dramatically lowers your hidden rating.

This can unfortunately result from someone on your team throwing a match, which is why we have some extra safeguards against throwing matches in the works.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
Temporarily Suspended

Every team I meet on arena is gray for me. Anyway I usually have no chance against them having a chipmunker healing oponents for 200hp every chip attack Ok, winrate is one thing, but taking counts on what team is stronger have to be very complex.

Simple example is Sentez, who can win solo most of teams having only chipmunks as partners. His team will also apper as gray, chips will grow in rating and I will be punished for not defending OPedr. Aint it changing rules during game?

On other hand I do know that there have to be something to prevent giving fights away. So I do respect your decision, of making some tweaks during so late season. Just asking to tweak it a bit more <3

Cheers

Last edited by yerg; 06-02-2015 at 05:57 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #5
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
There's nothing too strange about it. It's the result of losing matches that should have easily been won which dramatically lowers your hidden rating.

This can unfortunately result from someone on your team throwing a match, which is why we have some extra safeguards against throwing matches in the works.
the extra safeguards are great to hear, and tyvm for them, seriously.

far as matches that should have easily been won, if they were easily winnable they would have been won, tho some matches admittedly i am afk for at start (which isn't often) cause i don't hear gong, but always give it all i can when i get to them. with the random system as it is most matches are mostly one sided which i am fine with as one toon shouldn't win every single match, but winning several in a row and still getting under 1 point rating is a bit frustrating. but alas i don't fully understand the rating system as is, so not really in a position to argue. just really stating mine and several other players feelings.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:15 AM   #6
Administrator

Due to their random nature, matches do tend to be one sided. And winning several in a row won't earn you many points if all those matches were against teams with a much lower average rating. It is the matches that actually could go either way, with teams that are both strong, that really affect your point gain.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 AM   #7
Auction Master

valid point, as i have been in many a match of which you speak several times that are often the only ones that give the good ratings but are just as often a rare occurrence. being in top ten or even close in this format i suppose its common that fights for the best rating are far and few between any given time zones.

seeing as that, this whole thread feels more pointless, lol. i am sorry to waste time, but always thank you for the responses and input/enlightenment

Last edited by Nemesiss; 06-03-2015 at 12:56 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #8
Temporarily Suspended

Its a pain anyway, as I'm giving all i have in those faights and just recently started to receive half of usual ratings. Feels like not understanging this enough. Looks like it is balanced on players ratings, not lvls and exp/skills/cost of gear. If know how it should work, I would submit a bug report lol.

Anyway, thanks for your answers Glitch.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
Temporarily Suspended

Confirming, that rating on toplists is not refreshing until player is logged into game. Noticed it today that my raiting was kept frozen for whole day as I was on university.