Auction House timeouts
Old 05-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Neophyte

Send a message via Skype™ to Amaranthos
Default Auction House timeouts

Multiple players including myself are reporting that the Auction House is causing them to timeout of the game.

It appears to differ from player to player slightly (some report only having issues on the "gems" page in the AH) but all are experiencing the issue with the "trophies" page in the AH regardless of other pages.

Sometimes I immediately begin to time out merely on opening the "trophies" page, but mainly it works just fine until I actually purchase a stack of trophies. Then the game immediately begins to time out, and I have to exit the AH completely in order to 1.) stop the time out, and 2.) actually have the purchased stack appear in my storage and have the "purchase successful" text appear.

This malfunction does not necessarily disrupt gameplay, but it definitely should not be happening and it does get frustrating when trying to buy items in bulk, one at a time, opening and closing the entire AH in between every single purchase.

If you could take a look at this Glitch, it'd make life a lot easier for quite a few players. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #2
Seer's BFF

here is what i found, after setting all fps settings to max (200, 30, 30, 30) on chrome and loading up AH, (FPS set as shown) the FPS drops from 180+ to 60 at max, might be a focus problem or an unintended FPS limit which might cause some lag. Can you look into this please Glitch? If this is not the case I will try to get a report and email it when I get back home

Old 05-27-2015, 09:27 PM   #3
Neophyte

Tried catching you in-game but signing off shortly. I've been having a timing out problem for the last few days anytime I attempt to look at my skills screens. It will only time out the toon looking, not all of them so do not believe this is a connection issue. First attempt at skill screen gives all black except for xp bars. Click away, go back and will get normal background. A and P may appear, else another time out will attempt. Usually the third time in, everything works like normal. I have only been able to test on the laptop that I always use and haven't had any problems. I will test on another computer tomorrow to see if that helps, but might be related to the auction timeout?

Chrome: Version 43.0.2357.65 m - this may(not) be the most recent. Work laptop that restricts updates.

Last edited by Sarek; 05-27-2015 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Added chrome version

Old 05-27-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
Administrator

Sorry we didn't see this thread sooner. AH issue should be fixed, but there's the potential for Chrome to cause timeouts on other screens with high amounts of text like the skills screen. If you run into this issue on any portions of the game let us know.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:50 AM   #5
Temporarily Suspended

Especially update chrome, not noticing any problems so far.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
Neophyte

Seems to be better now. Not getting the black screens/time outs as I was last night. Thanks Glitch!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #7
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarek
Seems to be better now. Not getting the black screens/time outs as I was last night. Thanks Glitch!
Thank you for the feedback. Glad it is now working better.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

im having troubles with looting, stacking trophies and moving any item. they are all delayed when happening. im constantly getting "cannot send command at this time, try again in a few seconds." moving my character and using auction house work just fine. normally any computer issues i have is because my brother is using the internet on his laptop but i tried it when he is on it and when he is not and im having troubles with them. i am using chrome. didnt know if this problem could be related to chrome or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Player mistakes have to be lived with.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #9
Administrator

It's hard for us to tell from what you are reporting. Try using IE or Firefox temporarily to see if the issues persist. If they do, it is your connection. If not, let us know and we'll see if there is something that can be done further to help with Chrome's new shenanigans.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

still having the same problems with chrome but now im timing out. i can do all that stuff on firefox but it constantly freezes on me and sometimes crashes. so wouldnt surprise me if it was my connection.
Quote:
Player mistakes have to be lived with.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.