Dueling
Old 06-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Somneil

Default Dueling

Since Dueling is currently just for fun and has no bearing on the actual game, I was wondering if we could have it so that you could duel someone regardless of where they were located.

Sometimes I find myself having nothing to do and it would be fun to duel but I don't want to travel all over the place to find opponents.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #2
Decker

the only option you currently have available is asking in chat(you pretty much have to meet up with someone to duel em) other than that maybe jeff could add arena's in the game that you could be teleported to or just arena's in general and you can hang out there till other people show up.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

i like the arena idea tht be pretty cool

i would liek to see tht as to actually go meet up with folk for a duel seems silly

so liek after At u cna go to the duel arena and then wait to duel others be cool

Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

yeah it sounds like a fun idea if you just want to have fun but it should also be possible to set a prize for the winner of a duel that both have to agree but it shouldnt be a requirement for duel that would be interesting too

Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

ahh like a bet sorta thing like

i bet 10 gold or w/e i can win or something liek tht

as longf as it was balanced

Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

yeah that kind of thing maybe also so it doesnt have to be gold but like also items for instance betting a trophy or a gate potion would also make it more used by players as then its not only a test of strength but also a possible way to earn gold xp or items

Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Decker

i like the betting idea, have a broker npc to hold the gold and make payouts ya that would be sweet, as for item prizes that would be nice to but there could be dare i say arena equipment you could buy with arena points that you win by dueling :/ its so WoW but throw'n it out there.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Auction Master

yeah well regardless it should be something that both agree on putting on the line and it should be limited so that you cant loose everything you have just because the other person your duelling is rich

Old 06-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Somneil

Dueling in the arena for points to buy items is too easily exploitable.

Party A wants to save up 50 dueling points for Cool Item X, so he gets his friend to duel him over and over and lose so he can get the item easily.

Or he could make himself a free alt account and accomplish the same thing, though it would be easy enough to restrict free accounts from participating in the arena. But that still doesn't solve the problem of the first scenario.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:25 AM   #10
Auction Master

well the point system your talking about i dont think will work well since its easy to get around which would take the fun out of it

Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #11
Seer's BFF

well i recon there got to be something for the duel

and at least if u put items up for trade

then it will have to sort of be = value

so u dont lose everything

and at least then tht couldnt be exploited to much