Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Puncture, bloodlets and Demonblood Ranseur
Old 04-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Puncture, bloodlets and Demonblood Ranseur

Firstly I was going to put the problem of vamps having no effect on bloodlets. I've documented a little first and found that you do not consider bloodlets as attacks.

A good idea would be if they also damage and give you health in the same amount ( It is like a blood transfusion). Now it is a downside for piercers, because piercers sacrifice max damage and benefits the most from min damage. The good part of a change like this is that it will effect each type of weapon be it slasher or crusher.

I've then analyzed Puncture skill, took it in comparison with other 2 (Slice and Dice and Smash). I am ok with the fact that i get "ignore armor" and a flat % from lvl 1 but the fact that for each level only 1.5 is added up to poisonbolt damage would make this skill to be seen as not worth even leveling up to 94, or 85. In comparison with others... well I know it IGNORES ARMOR, but it does not stun for up to 4 seconds, it does not slice for double its damage. And let's face it, armor is not that OP and not that used. I do not see how the armor of a ~100 lvl mob stopped a crusher/slasher bang its hp. (Off Record Suggest: instead of 150 bloodlet make 1% per lvl increase in min damage )

Demonblood Ranseur is a good dps 2h weapon, I know it makes part of the weakest set of legendary weapons alongside with the bow and arrow. I see a great disadvantage on using this weapon even for farming purposes or gathering tulips.

You, Glitch, once said: "Compared to other 2H disciplines 2H pierce is the most reliable damage dealer. You can essentially ignore Str for DPS purposes and dump everything into Dex getting superior hit/miss ratios, benefiting all procs that trigger on hit while still doing big damage. A slasher and crusher cannot do this."

But now with the new addition of "i don't know how many percents chance to hit" the fact that I am able to have 700 dex would not be near half of 20% extrachance to hit.

I know there are piercer with this proc too, that is I was wondering if you are thinking in implementing other types of proc for weapons, like bonus damage on critical strikes... instead of the usual chance to crit/hit/double cast. I see it as great interesent and maybe resurrect some weapons ( Demonblood Ranseur ) with it.

Sorry for long post. What are my expectations from this post?!
- Glitchless' point of view
- Community's criticism

Old 04-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
>.>
Auction Master

I was a piercer myself and currently have an alt piercer and I would have to say while poisonbolt does sound good on paper, AC is not really an issue in the current meta game. At the moment mitigation seems to be the biggest culprit for regen tankers defense. Sure it is nice to be able to ignore armor on the hit that is tied in with the poisonbolt but then the mitigation cuts it severley. I would rather have the poisonbolt ignore Mitigation rather than AC or both.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #3
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.>
I was a piercer myself and currently have an alt piercer and I would have to say while poisonbolt does sound good on paper, AC is not really an issue in the current meta game. At the moment mitigation seems to be the biggest culprit for regen tankers defense. Sure it is nice to be able to ignore armor on the hit that is tied in with the poisonbolt but then the mitigation cuts it severley. I would rather have the poisonbolt ignore Mitigation rather than AC or both.
Piercers absolutely rip through shield tanks. Treating 4K AC as if it were 0 is a big advantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
>.>
Auction Master

And how many shield tanks are there right now? I do understand the strength of piercers and have not ever thought they needed a buff due to their ability to tear through tanks like paper. But with the focus instead being on regeneration and mitigation they currently have little to no place.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
Seer's BFF

A few points to add, and things for you(and other piercers) to think about:

First off, 2h piercers, based on same accuracy and level mob, are about 5-10% behind slash/crush in dps. With the added accuracy bonus from stats, and the extra 7% that piercers get from pierce to increase their accuracy over others, that 5-10% drops to basically nothing, doing better the higher level mobs you fight.

Demonblood Ranseur is the highest DPS piercer. Also, just because it is part of that set(I assume referring to the stat quiver and such with same coloring) means nothing...don't like the bowset, don't use it.

Ignoring armor helps more than you think, and in arena, even with mit, that mit reduces all damage, along with what AC can reduce. Near the end of arena, many top toons/tanks will have AC pots on, and piercer will indirectly be buffed because of this.

Poisonbolt is the highest damage per swing proc for melees, and doesn't need a buff. With the double hemmorage damage bonus to 2h'ers...their bloodlets hurt, and are 100% for hits, which they do the most of already. Buffing that would just be overkill. If anything at all were to be done, maybe change the Puncture skill from 25%->35%(1H) and 35%->50%(2H), but I don't really believe this is necessary.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume that at least one of your classes is Rogue. If you want more max damage, go Warrior with it, instead of WM or DK(both of which are solid choices, I would pick one of the 2 myself). Don't have some silly off class like regen or angel or w/e if you are wanting DPS to be better. If you don't, then good, you are already on your way.

Just my thoughts. Piercer really isn't that bad anymore. Might could use a tiny bit of work, but really people just need to think their gear/classes through better. Also remember, not every class or weapon type will accel at everything. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Piercer may not fall in where you want it to. If that's the case, consider switching weapon type.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormGuardian
Demonblood Ranseur is the highest DPS piercer.

Ignoring armor helps more than you think, and in arena, even with mit, that mit reduces all damage, along with what AC can reduce. Near the end of arena, many top toons/tanks will have AC pots on, and piercer will indirectly be buffed because of this.

>_> i'm still lts my demonblood ranseur. pm alastrina, blaze or another of my army in game if interested :{

do many use ac pots? all the top people i was fighting last season was miti or stone i think.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzus
Firstly I was going to put the problem of vamps having no effect on bloodlets....

A good idea would be if they also damage and give you health in the same amount ( It is like a blood transfusion).

...Suggest: instead of 150 bloodlet make 1% per lvl increase in min damage
All melee classes just got steel fangs and quad hit. Why on earth would glitch need to patch in bloodlet leech as well as minimum dmg increase based on level?

15% leech isnt enough?

sorry marzus don't support at all.

Heres the solution:

Use a different weapon there are 100's to choose from.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:17 AM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by banndintheusa
All melee classes just got steel fangs and quad hit. Why on earth would glitch need to patch in bloodlet leech as well as minimum dmg increase based on level?

15% leech isnt enough?

sorry marzus don't support at all.

Heres the solution:

Use a different weapon there are 100's to choose from.

I would say that increasing min by 1% per level, then giving leech of health on each bloodlet it will be killer proc that would heal for about 1200-1300 each hit. It is OP right? That is why I did have some big spaces between them, I've just suggested the idea, not the finite product and as you saw that 1% per level was just an OFF RECORD.

And what is all that 15% leech about? You mean steel fangs?! Get out of here, I'm not comparing dds with melees, I'm comparing the ability of a crusher/slasher to benefit more from leech than a piercer does. Piercer users sacrifice max damage for min damage, thus losing on quantity leeched.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:39 AM   #9
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 01:53 PM..

Old 04-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

Stormguardian, I think you are off the subject. You did not cover half of my points. You're talking about dps, I am talking about life leech. You're talking about demon blood ranseur being highest dps, but you did not bother comparing it with solar cudgel. About armor ignoring I won't talk, I'm sure u can read the other comments. 150 damage? Omg that is why slashers lvls slice and dice, to have high bleeding effects on enemies. Last but not least: Behold my 1200 bloodlet after being buffed with a 100% bonus to min. It will overkill almost everything. Seriously, how can you be afraid, I only ask for min damage, not max.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #11
Boss Hunter

Quote:
I would say that increasing min by 1% per level, then giving leech of health on each bloodlet it will be killer proc that would heal for about 1200-1300 each hit. It is OP right?
Exactly....too OP lol

Quote:
And what is all that 15% leech about? You mean steel fangs?!\
Yup.

All melee just received a DPS buff, and an OP leech buff.

No need for another.

Still not convinced marzus, sorry.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

You misunderstood me. I am not trying to convince you, guy hwo made fake account. I am trying to reject ideas like yours that deceive readers.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:02 AM   #13
Boss Hunter

Quote:
You misunderstood me. I am not trying to convince you, guy hwo made fake account. I am trying to reject ideas like yours that deceive readers.
Hi again marzus,

Im not deceiving anyone... glitch really did just introduce 15% leech with steel fangs and increased melee damage with quadrakill. It seems very odd to request even more leech and even more damage right after these two recent additions, especially by such an expert player like you.

Oh well, i guess you forgot.

Just select quadrakill for active experience gains then put combat trophies on the alter of steel.. you will be doing lots of damage in no time.

I will tell you a secret marzus, im not really from the USA...im from south africa...but thats your only hint!!

dont tell anyone, its a secret!!!

Last edited by banndintheusa; 04-14-2015 at 03:06 AM..

Old 04-14-2015, 04:18 AM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

Your attitude!

Let's have the following example:
In a perfect world we have a crusher that hits for 2900 damage and 100 bloodlet and a piercer that hits for 2000 damage and 1000 bloodlet.

It is perfect they all hit for the same damage. Now if they both have steel fangs what would be the outcome?! Let's do some calculus.

The crusher will leech for around 450 life.
The piercer will leech for around 300 life.

Wow, they do the same damage but look they have different outcome from leech.
I ask you, don't waste space on this post and just read and read carefully my points. I tell you that I've put a lot of effort in this example and I am not able to give a more clear one.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:57 AM   #15
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Your attitude!

Let's have the following example:
In a perfect world we have a crusher that hits for 2900 damage and 100 bloodlet and a piercer that hits for 2000 damage and 1000 bloodlet.

It is perfect they all hit for the same damage. Now if they both have steel fangs what would be the outcome?! Let's do some calculus.

The crusher will leech for around 450 life.
The piercer will leech for around 300 life.

Wow, they do the same damage but look they have different outcome from leech.
I ask you, don't waste space on this post and just read and read carefully my points. I tell you that I've put a lot of effort in this example and I am not able to give a more clear one.
You lost me at:

"lets have the following example"

Old 04-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #16
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #17
Gem Pouch Expert

Bump!

Old 04-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #18
Gem Pouch Expert

Pump the bump.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #19
Gem Pouch Expert

Bump for glitch

Old 04-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #20
Gem Pouch Expert

Bump! Day 9