Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #21
Gem Pouch Expert

bumpity

Old 04-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #22
Gem Pouch Expert

You don't need to bump this everyday like nore did for a master pouch thread. It's not going to vanish off the first page in a day. Go outside for a bit and get sun burnt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Player mistakes have to be lived with.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #23
Gem Pouch Expert

I'm on the right track! Soon, Glitch will be pissed off too by my bumps and comment.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:58 AM   #24
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzus
I'm on the right track! Soon, Glitch will be pissed off too by my bumps and comment.
Glitch doesn't usually respond to idea threads which the community has unanimously declared silly.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:04 AM   #25
Gem Pouch Expert

As it stands now, 2 people declared them silly and 2 declared that a change needs to be done.
You are the spokesman ?

Old 04-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #26
Gem Pouch Expert

i didnt even read it. too much words for me to be bothered to. for all i know it could be good idea idk. was just commenting on the fact you were pulling a nore
Quote:
Player mistakes have to be lived with.
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #27
Gem Pouch Expert

I tried to compress as much as I could. I know what are you talking about, I have the same "syndrome", if I see a long post I won't even bother.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #28
Boss Hunter

Marzus there are SO MANY bigger issues with the game right now that could be fixed or changed rathr than you wishing for a demonblood ranseur to be stronger...

im sorry not trying to be rude, but its the truth.

New ideas should try and help at least an entire class of players, better yet all players...

not just a single item for a single build.

Last edited by banndintheusa; 04-26-2015 at 07:26 AM..

Old 04-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #29
Gem Pouch Expert

Definitely the guys that are against Demon Blood Ranseur buff, never bought one. xD

Old 04-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #30
Administrator

In spite of all you have said, we do not think pierce, nor this weapon in particular, warrant any buffs at this time.

Keep in mind, with non-timmy pets getting buffed soon and the likelihood that builds other than regen will become more prevalent, especially traditional tanks, piercing will be more and more desirable in PvP, and it already has a place vs. very high level mobs.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #31
Gem Pouch Expert

Pet buff alongside with new skills happened. I see how they target dots with the new change of sacred defender and a reduced cleanse cd, with the new skill life from death and stalkers. I see how they also target regen with the increase of gravebound effect from badgers and the new flesheaters. I would definitely feel safer behind a shield user than a reg miti archer when against flesheaters.

I fail to see how this changes increase the usage of AC, a shield tank will still use a stone pot instead of an AC pot. Due to this I still support Rogue's idea, in which the puncture skill rips through AC and mitigation. It is a 25%(35%) chance of doing that compared to flesheaters 100%. Speaking about flesheaters, I believe those are a breed of pets inspired by rogue's idea and they are not a solution for solving piercing problems. The two types are much independent.

About a weapon in particular, Demonblood Ranseur, I would not stress much about it and I will only compare between its type ( piercing). As it stands its sole purpose is for farming with a competition given by the fang spear conjuration. Which competition I see as unfair given the fact that fang spear has a great usage in pvp(25% double cast) and the 20% hit chance can be used alongside other strategy. The other 2 are way too specialized in pvp to even compare with a farming wep. Demonblood Ranseur is in desperate need of differentiation, the dps is good and the 34% for 250 poison is great but it fades when compared to a same dps piercer with a 20% chance of hitting.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:53 AM   #32
Gem Pouch Expert

1. Puncture skill is too weak, and activates too infrequently. 150 damage is not enough in opinion, should have up to 50% chance with a 2H to ignore AC and 35% per 1h. 2. piercers should ignore mitigation, if not at least a lil to a certain extent, wasn't that the point was for them to ignore armor in the first place? 3. not ONE toon uses polearm of purity, make the proc activate more often or raise the pending damage higher. 4. spear of providence I have no idea if it should be buffed or nerfed, it seems fine. 5. fanged spear of conjuration is WAAAYYYY too good compared to the other weps not saying should be nerfed, but we need a new good LG piercer, or a decent piercing buff or something. the only piercers i've seen that were top notch were splatteredcat, goreath, blackmanrunning, and smash bros. most others use the conjuration piercer like andresan, pony, chloe,rayaxe, etc. but these are caster builds, so conjuration piercer essentially seems like a staff with high accuracy. when i can build my toon with LG's like the other's i'd be able to give more of a post... but this is all for my thoughts on piercing atm. what do you guys think? P.S. that bloodlet vamp idea seemed awesome (whoever said it) that could be an LG piercer.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #33
Boss Hunter

sad if those are top notch...
isn't goreath a crusher?
blackmanrunning is far from top notch.
splatteredcat is a sponge...guess maybe top notch for a piercer at least.
smashbros isn't top notch either imo.

maybe they're better in pve than pvp..

Andresan is the only top notch actual piercer i could think of pretty much (before he rerolled)

Old 07-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #34
Gem Pouch Expert

Thank you! Goreath was a piercer, his argument was that demonblood ranseur needs a buff.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #35
Epic Scholar

Let's use strawman arguments instead of realising that weapons have strengths and weaknesses.

More than one third of 2H Pierce hits will ignore a shield user's 4000-5500 AC, treating it as 0. 2H Pierce is unparalleled when it comes to punching through shield tanks and AC potions. 100% of 2H Pierce hits do double bloodlet damage which always ignores AC, in addition to normal attack damage.

They also have a better chance to hit than other melee weapons and the Dex setup gives them a huge bonus to parrying.

Pallies get a bonus to Aura of Thorns. Nobody (good) uses Aura of Thorns so Pallies need a buff. I'm going to ignore every situation where Pallies do well and just say they need a buff.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Last edited by Huggles; 07-02-2015 at 11:54 AM..

Old 07-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #36
Gem Pouch Expert

"Pallies get a bonus to Aura of Thorns. Nobody (good) uses Aura of Thorns so Pallies need a buff. I'm going to ignore every situation where Pallies do well and just say they need a buff."

This is unrelated to the case stated here.
You can't have bonus to french fries but no french fries to use the bonus on.

Flesheaters are using an idea posted here, it means that it was needed for something to brake through mitigation but not the poor piercers which are always the hot topic on the weakest weps news. I feel unfair that the idea was not implemented to piercing in the first place.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #37
Boss Hunter

as a once piercer who farmed castle ruins prior to the quadrakill buff or steelfangs I see that now it should be possible to at least farm somewhere in dungeon of ruin with 2h pierce. Also demonblood ranseur is primarily a lower lvl zone weapon for max dps against lower lvl mobs that don't require max hit chance. That being said, and to reiterate glitch's post: AC is turned to 0 pve and pvp with puncture. That's huge when you get the proc as often as you do against such OP mobs as the stone guard etc. Imo no buff or nerf needed, just work it like your momma gave it to ya . OH and i had both the fang spear and the demonblood one as well so I know a little sumthin sumthin.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:57 AM   #38
Gem Pouch Expert

How is mob AC calculated?

I thought piercing is for higher zones not for lower zones, why do demonblood ranseur have to be the exception?

AC in pvp is turned to 0, yes... Where is the AC for me to turn it into 0?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:27 AM   #39
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzus
How is mob AC calculated?

I thought piercing is for higher zones not for lower zones, why do demonblood ranseur have to be the exception?

AC in pvp is turned to 0, yes... Where is the AC for me to turn it into 0?
You need +hit in high zones. That's why Glitchless gave all piercers +7% hit just from the piercing skill- something that nobody else gets. Some LG piercers also have +hit which makes them slightly better in higher zones, whereas demonblood has a proc that makes it more useful for melee pvp and slightly lower level zones, but still very viable at the highest levels.

DW hammer/lod is 0% hit/10% hit. Piercers all get 7% just from the skill. You're really not getting the bad end of this bargain.

Mob AC is based on mob level- I think it is around 10x mob level but I am not sure.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Huggles; 07-03-2015 at 09:29 AM..

Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #40
Gem Pouch Expert

PVP is all about 250 bonus damage that can be regenerated or mitigated easily ? There is no good proc on demonblood ranseur. Again I state that it is good pve but it is outclassed by conjuration, a wep with far more usage than this one.

It sounds good on paper isn't it ?

So a lvl 100 mob has 1000 AC, good to know.