Can Not Log an AFK Toon
Old 11-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Can Not Log an AFK Toon

I have my character logged on on my home PC and when try to Log from another location I get in momentarily but then I get an Corrupt Packet Error (or someone else logged your account). It seems like with the HTML5 Client and the Browser I am using at home (Chrome, Windows Vista, other version details unknown) that my character is automatically relogging.

I noticed this morning that my characters had all logged back in after the server reset automatically too. I thought it was kind of odd.

Is this a bug?

Old 11-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

Not a bug, at the bottom of your log-in screen there is a "Auto-Relog" box that you can check or uncheck.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

oh, thank you!

Old 11-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Seer's BFF

Even if you are logged in on another computer and afk, you can log in on a different computer.

Basically, as soon as you log in, go out of afk mode (/afk <return>). The 'home' computer will attempt to log you back in a few times (someone with a correct p/w just tried to force a login ... blah, blah), and will then give up. Once that has happened, go into /afk mode again.
If you don't switch on /afk mode again, when the reboot comes around your home computer will attempt to log in again. If it logs in before your work/other computer, you won't be able to force a login again.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
Boss Hunter

>.> seems easier to just close the tab on the home computer