Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports

Kiting skill broken or miss-worded
Old 09-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Kiting skill broken or miss-worded

So last night before i split for work i decided to clan battle jaybee. turned out he was afk w/ his shield on, so i prepared myself for a looong draaawn out battle.

during this battle jaybee just sat there while his pets were auto-attacking. nothing more was happening on his end, not even fresh gems.

while i was widdling away at his health, i noticed that he kept kiting on top of his blocks and parries and other various defensive skills.

well his kiting sparked my interest since auto shoot wasnt on, so i decided to reread that skill.

Kiting - "This skill causes you to back peddle more when AUTO-SHOOTING......" no reason to type the rest.

my point is that there was no auto-shooting happening during the entire battle, yet he kept kiting. This could easily be abused by tanks in arena by sitting there not auto-attacking or shooting but constantly cast taunts. it provides an extra chance to avoid dmg on top of everything else.

skill description either needs to be fixed or the skill itself should not active unless auto-shoot is activated.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Auction Master

Defensive thingies still work based on your last combat action if you enter combat but don't click. I think the idea was to stop people dying during sudden resets or DCs but not sure. So people can still kite, parry, block, etc. while afk. Now, if you see someone afk kiting AND parrying I would get screenies cos that's a bug, kiting depends on shooting and parry depends on attacking. Blocking can be either, so afk defence should be either kiting / blocking or parrying / blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

are you sure he parried and not blocked?

Old 09-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
Crab Defiler

I have observed the same. Scrambles is right.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
Administrator

There's confusion caused by the fact that it bases whether you are currently autoshooting or autoattacking on which of the two you were last doing. If you can provide a screenshot of someone doing two things that independently require the different attack modes then feel free to submit it.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #6
>.>
Auction Master

To clarify for scrambles, get a screenshot of someone kiting AND parrying. Blocking can occur when autoshoot and autoattack is active so that does not matter. Additionally they can all occur while afk so long as auto shooting (kiting/block) or auto attack (parry/block) was active last fight.