Rune set
Old 09-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Rune set

Noticed while arenaing that you are able to change your rune sets while stunned and wondering if this is working as intended or not?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Administrator

Is it exploitable in any way?

Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Neophyte

I don't currently have an arena team to check things with, or a second rune set for that matter, but I guess my thoughts on potential exploits would be as follows.

- Extra defensive stats for duration of stun, then swapping back to offensive runes when it ends (could easily just be an additional "feature" for tons of extra clicking in a small window with a very small boost to performance)

- Does it let you change them while out of town and keep them changed? If its a workaround to switch runes while out of town, thats definitely something that is clearly not intended, but pretty easy to call it a bug and an exploit.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Administrator

We're on the fence on this one. It may cause more harm than good disallowing swapping while stunned. There is a short cooldown required for setting and resetting, so you would have to be stunned for a significant amount of time to make use of momentarily swapping sets... anyone else care to weigh in?

Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
>.>
Auction Master

The only way this would be "exploitable" is if you knew you were going to be stunned for x amount of time, otherwise you would constantly be switching rune sets every time a stun wears off. I do not see a problem with allowing it. If you made it so someone could not switch while stunned then it would make it more of hassle to change up roles in a fight. If person A was dps but realized for the team they are fighting they need to be half tank or half regener to do better and goes to change rune sets in addition to suits, then potentially being stun locked out of swapping could just cause more headaches

Old 09-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

I cry about everything and yet im not crying about this.
Another words, if im not crying about it its probably not so bad :P

Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
Boss Hunter

I guess this is something you may be taking advantage of then.. clearly having all them lg suits would not surprise me.