crushers are broken
Old 07-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default crushers are broken

enough said talking with a person who has maxed weaponary skills his max crit with solar fury (9-319 damage) is 2k with no class bonuses and my experience as a crusher using a t2 solar fury (9-322 damage) with warrior primary max skills and max crits were around the 2.4k mark....crushers are broken

Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

I don't understand...if you have 15% more max dmg from class and .94% more from crusher that's 16.08% more damage. 2.4k is about 16% more than 2k.

Unless you're saying crushers need a buff, which they do, I'm really confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

wasnt the best explanation from me admittedly was in reference to staff damage that glitchless said was working as intended (enchantrix staff with a max damage of 312) being able to crit for 2.5k with no primary class no damage boosting armor and non maxed skills/low str where as a 2h lg crusher with class bonus maxed skills a much higher str lvl with a weapon in my case that had a higher max damage (+10 max with the t2) and i wasnt breaking 2.4k damage just seems to be broken if you ask me but if i am missing something as to how that staff can hit more than a crusher under those following circumstances then please tell me cause i simply cannot wrap my head around it

Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
Seer's BFF

It could be one of many different causes :

Different runes/ranks of runes
Different LG suit parts/tiers of LG suit parts
Different melee gems/rank of melee gems

If all those are the same for both toons, then yes, there appears to be a problem.

But are they all the same ?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

The character who claimed 2.5k crits with Enchantrix Stave (Allureofdeath) does not have any gear that increases damage, but she may have been using Weighted; I can't recall.

With the level 99 epic staff and 600+ str as a Druid/Rogue, Oprichniki's max non-weighted deathblow crit was around 2200-2300 (plus bloodlets) with no gear to boost damage and only R6 pain.

If you're willing to help out, I'd like to do a few tests with crushing and slashing damage to see average dmg done. and see if low crush dmg could be caused by the way the curve is distributed.
Quote:
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

i am willing to help out with these tests...i currently have no melee boosting class (rerolling into an archer) but i still have the weapon

Old 07-09-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
Boss Hunter

crusher are good for one thing ... stun lock ... oh wait that is a direct counter to any caster using deft recovery.

there you go, Crushers are useful ... and they can also do decent DPS.

Quote:
Mobs are dumb.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killda
crusher are good for one thing ... stun lock ... oh wait that is a direct counter to any caster using deft recovery.

there you go, Crushers are useful ... and they can also do decent DPS.
whips stun at the exact same rate and duration as crushers and do more damage and have better heals and growls
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

yes the stuns on crushers are good and this thread wasnt cause crusher builds were useless mainly that staffs in the game (which all bar 1 have a MUCH lower max damage) are hitting just as hard as 2h lg crushers

Old 07-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
Administrator

Lot's of third party numbers floating around this thread (not knowing what extra effects were in play) and not a lot of math. If you want to claim a weapon is not doing full damage, at least do the math combining all the skill effects to get your expected max. Others have done so, and there is not discrepancy for crushing weapons.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
Boss Hunter

Glitch team,

You mentioned before that you had a crusher alternative coming out. When can we be expected to see this?

Old 07-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

omg i am a crusher too

Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #13
Auction Master

Iv been a crusher for quite sometime now and feel as time goes along, we crushers are seriously under powered, when it comes to PvP and PvE, in the recent year(s) Iv come to see Caster are number one in power, whips are now second but can easly over power a caster with pets and hybrid ways with tanking, slasher are just insane with the dice, peircers are great with bleeding pokes, archer are growing stronger and stronger and well, I havent seen much enhancement since Solar Fury came about, back then, Crushers dominated for a short while, then more and more legendarys dropped and crushers pretty much got left behind.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
Epic Scholar

Buff archers.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #15
Boss Hunter

With the way that you can machine gun dots/dds these days (see 0 auras + gem haste skills... rupture for 100% of dots is the worst offender IMO), staves really need to get reevaluated. When you can add damage comparable to an outright weapon choice (all 2h weapons besides staves) for a pure caster via the staff, something's gotta give.

Casters will rule this season in arena because of rupture + gem haste & hotkeys (+ comparable staff melee damage (WTF!)) and a miniscule amount of total XP into the build.

You've basically turned all DoTs into daze chance insta-DDs with the way casters can throw gems out and the rupture/imp rupture skills. That + dividends makes these casters a nearly unstoppable mana battery. There is no other build with as much power as this one, period.

That's my rant for the day.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #16
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 02:29 PM..

Old 07-22-2014, 01:13 AM   #17
Gem Pouch Expert

crushers were only good for about a month, maybe two, not broke, just not worth doing

Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #18
Rare Collector

Team that will almost certainly finish no 1 in arena this season use crush for 2 out of the 3 players. Just sayin...

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 07-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #19
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

PvP and PvE.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #20
Gem Pouch Expert

I don't think it was the suggestion....

Last edited by Qratos; 07-24-2014 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: .