Bandit
Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Rare Collector

Default Bandit

This is kind of based on ideas for pks with a certain amount of gold not getting perma death but loosing gold/items.

Rather than allowing this, I suggest an intermediate between a normal and a pk toon called a bandit. Rather than force combat, another option appears where you can raid a toon. This enters combat and if a player wins they steal 5 % of another toons gold and become a bandit. Bandits can gain double trophs (sb) and double passive exp and learnings rather than triple. To raid a toon you must have 15 mil in the bank. If you die as a bandit then you loose all gold and un soul bound items (including resourses) but doesn't loose sb items or skills. While a bandit you cannot spend gold that would take you under 15 mil. A bandit can redeem off a bandit or a pk but a pk cannot redeem off a bandit. While flashing green for 30 mins after a kill they cannot trade, gate/recall, enter a town, destroy/dismantle etc just like a pk.

Lower risk, lower reward...much more incentive to be hunted since a bandit killer is guaranteed at least 15 mil for the kill.

Any thoughts?

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
Temporarily Suspended

I think its a good idea, but i think the 15mill gold limit is a little high (especially for newer players). Beyond that I really like this idea, support with a few tweaks

Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
Temporarily Suspended

Pretty unorthodox suggestion.. I'd rather see a rework of the PK system in general versus making something new that is actually much more profitable than the PK system itself. But the concept is unique.. and part cold be added to the PK system itself to make it more intriguing and worth using again.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
Rare Collector

What bit would you use to add to the pk system? Only reason I went with this is I couldn't think of a way to fix the pk system and thought extra options might encourage the more timid to have a go and also the thing is with caps with hundreds of millions worth of lgs, pk is not a risk worthy option, this would be. However pk will be better value at lower levels.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 02-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Rare Collector

That idea also sounds really fun, though how would you choose what lvl mob to fight? Would be more fun if it gave you random mobs of any level that wasn't grey. It would have to be reasonably close to a town though as all the different trophy types would fill storage pretty quick. If I get a 120 lvl mob with boon and 100 bgt and then get double trophies on top that would be 3 rows of storage gone on 1 mob.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

it is good idea, but i think we first must establish bank where we can deposit our gold so we can chose are we want walk arround with 20 mill gold and hopes no one will able to kill and take some % of it or we deposit our gold in bank and bandit can take just that much we have out of bank, maybe have some minimum ammount that you can deposit, like 10 mill or 15