Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Essence solution and other ideas
Old 01-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Crab Defiler

Default Essence solution and other ideas

1. Competition and supply problem with Armor Essences.

There has been a problem with obtaining certain essences for quite some time. The other side of this problem is that if there is an oversupply of the "undesirable" essences. What function can these undesirables perform in the Nod economy besides having been a gold/resource sink?

If you add the low price listed in the AH for each of the essence types available at the tie of this writing you get 8,555,000 gold. This does not include Dragontamer essence which was not available, but if memory serves correctly are listed between 3 and 4 million gold. (correct me here please). Lowest price around 12 million for something that costs less than 7 million to make? (11 X ingredients) The words cartel and gouging come to mind. This also leads to an undesirable (IMHO) ripple effect through the economy. The basic ingredient in all highest level recipes, T30 cloth, is at historically high prices (when you can find it) causing a rise in prices globally.

Possible solution: right click enchanting rod, use tool, add two random essences = 1 random essence.

At the time of this writing there are 144 less than desirable essences in the AH (I suspect many are not listed because they take up valuable auction slots and possibly a feeling of ennui)

My rational is thus: This should raise the value of the undesirables, because they would actually have a use or function and would lower the price of the desirables, because demand could be met, at least for a short time. Finally this would take some pressure off cloth demand and generally normalize prices.

2. Please put a further safety on pilgrimage. This is a big decision and the level of interest in doing it should be confirmed to the highest level. I am currently going through an unplanned 3rd pilgrimage. I have already burnt about 50 TC's, and have only completed about 50% of the quest. I estimate 300 hours of RRT will be needed to complete it. Might have to leave my clan for lack of gold to pay taxes. It is possible that I may become an N before finishing, which would further complicate the matter.

3. Floss regularly.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
Rare Collector

I support points 1 and 3

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #3
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 02:56 PM..

Old 02-01-2014, 11:55 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Yes. ELIMINATE THE UNDESIRABLES.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
Crab Defiler

If you won't put an additional safety on Pilgrimage, and for the life of me I don't understand why you wouldn't (you have one for leaving arena group, which in my opinion is a much smaller thing), can we at least move the location of the Pilgrimage button?

Maybe to the top of the list? One at the top and one at the bottom?

I am not the first to have this happen.

Currently, taking a Pilgrimage has the same level of safety that selling a silk to a store has.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #6
Seer's BFF

...just a fading, memory...

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 12-17-2015 at 02:56 PM..

Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #7
Crab Defiler

omg..... i read this whole thread and all i can remember is....... Bacon armor !!!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #8
Neophyte

This is a very good idea and suggestion, hope glitch will listen

Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #9
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Sounds more of a problem of balance in regards the essences rather than a problem of bad luck or useless essences or in fact could pretty much be a problem of diversity of best viable builds.

Remember how expensive Raiden used to be and how cheap earthfusion used to be? now they are pretty much the opposite... The main use is how overpowered Regeneration is and how viable as well, i dont like to base my conclusions in Top Lists but it tells us that the best way to go over all is to be a whipper/regener ( easy way to adapt into archer or tank Earthfusion/Dragontamer/Demonskull). Over all best Dps and best Defense.

Now perhaps if we buff/balance the undesired builds rather than the essences it self we wont need to keep buffing weapons/armors/essences but of course i understand is easier to buff/balance indirectly and with small things to get where you really think is more balanced, its just that i am against indirects buffs rather that direct balance aka nerf and buff.

I do like your suggestion btw but we cant cover the sun with 2 fingers, little band-aids wont stop the bleed.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer
Sounds more of a problem of balance in regards the essences rather than a problem of bad luck or useless essences or in fact could pretty much be a problem of diversity of best viable builds.

Remember how expensive Raiden used to be and how cheap earthfusion used to be? now they are pretty much the opposite... The main use is how overpowered Regeneration is and how viable as well, i dont like to base my conclusions in Top Lists but it tells us that the best way to go over all is to be a whipper/regener ( easy way to adapt into archer or tank Earthfusion/Dragontamer/Demonskull). Over all best Dps and best Defense.

Now perhaps if we buff/balance the undesired builds rather than the essences it self we wont need to keep buffing weapons/armors/essences but of course i understand is easier to buff/balance indirectly and with small things to get where you really think is more balanced, its just that i am against indirects buffs rather that direct balance aka nerf and buff.

I do like your suggestion btw but we cant cover the sun with 2 fingers, little band-aids wont stop the bleed.
either way, even if they were buffed, which id like tbh as more build options is always a good thing.

but if it was to be made to allow to combine 2 essence into 1 other random, imo, it would still help. as always, someone is looking for X essence, with this, if they tried multiple times, and had a bunch of essence they didnt want, they could continue to combine these to hope to get the 1 they wanted, therefore making it cheaper for them over the long run, and eventually, if not being able to find the 1 they wanted, they would have 1 essence. and they can use that to continue to combine with other 1s they dont like till they either get the 1 they want, or give up, sell it and buy the 1 they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
Crab Defiler

San,

I 100% agree with you about the fact that this does boil down to a balance issue. I knew this when I was writing it, but, where does one get whining about balance issues? Besides, I do believe that Glitch recognizes this already. And, I think that they must be thinking about or already working on this too. My final point is that I do not have a solution for the balance problem as I do not know what other kinds of things, like new gems or weapons, might be in the works to address balance.

Smash,

Your words are basically what I was trying to say, you were just more skillful at it than I was.

When there is more balance in the game people will stop doing it. Until then, they CAN use it.

I do not see a down side.

Thanks for the thoughts guys

Old 02-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #12
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitortwoface
San,

I 100% agree with you about the fact that this does boil down to a balance issue. I knew this when I was writing it, but, where does one get whining about balance issues? Besides, I do believe that Glitch recognizes this already. And, I think that they must be thinking about or already working on this too. My final point is that I do not have a solution for the balance problem as I do not know what other kinds of things, like new gems or weapons, might be in the works to address balance.

Smash,

Your words are basically what I was trying to say, you were just more skillful at it than I was.

When there is more balance in the game people will stop doing it. Until then, they CAN use it.

I do not see a down side.

Thanks for the thoughts guys
np

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #13
Crab Defiler

Is the essence problems getting worse?

I looked in the AH just now and saw HUNDREDS(too lazy to count, but at least 400) undesirable essences and only 6 desirable ones. I strongly believe that many, many more undesirables are not in AH because of the futility of it.

5 Raiden and 1 Demonskull.

Zero Earthfusion
Zero Dragontamer

2X (random essence) + enchanting rod = 1X (random essence) = solution

Disclaimer: I do not make essences and have no essences in my inventory.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #14
>.>
Auction Master

"undesirable" and "desirable" is all a matter of opinion. Maybe the lack of the cookie cutter essences can force people to not all look identical and try something different for once. ALL bm's want dt arms/legs and a ds bp with a ef helm (although helms generally suck in terms of bonus but reg is the new craze) 2 tommies and 2 lod's. That is literally what 99% of bm's look like. People should try to think on their own and test new armors rather than flocking to the big number makers thinking that = dps.

And glitch already has a silk modification planned for the upcoming patch that can help some of the issue here.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
Crab Defiler

Quote:
"undesirable" and "desirable" is all a matter of opinion.
Yes, I agree. EVERYONE'S OPINION.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #16
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Support bacon armour, awesome idea twoface

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #17
>.>
Auction Master

if it were everyones opinion then no one would be using them. People do use them and the essences people did not use glitch buffed. Just because the majority wants uber hits doesn't mean the crit/chance to hit ones are useless.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:32 AM   #18
Crab Defiler

I have not heard you say what exactly the problem with idea is.

Are you opposed to people having the armor they want? If so why?

Are you opposed to a particular kind of armor? If so, why?

if it is something else, please tell me exactly how this will be bad for either, the game, or the individual players, in the short term or the long term.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
Crab Defiler

Remember to floss!

Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #20
Rare Collector

This is still a good idea, if people's perceptions change on what is most desirable then the price of essences will change, but still there will be phases where some are in high demand and some in very low demand. All this does is raise the chance you can get the essence you desire at one time by finding a use for the undesirable ones. An undesirable essence has no use to me at the moment so not even a price of 1 gold would tempt me to buy one. This would immediately raise the value of undesirables to 4mil/11/2 = over 150k each.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha