Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #41
Crab Defiler

can you all bish about me pls.... just for a little while - i could use some free tcs.....

jus sayin......

Old 05-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #42
Administrator

I'm bumping this because I've seen it referenced multiple times as a horrid example of Glitchless injustice.

To recap:

MoT purchased an LG from the store, which automatically became soulbound, as it was supposed to back then. He then made this thread to protest.

Upon reading this, it was decided that it was indeed a rather confusing game mechanic to have some LGs become autobound when purchasing from the store (those originating from the store) while others did not become bound (those sold to the store by players) and we decided to change the way the game works so that LGs bought from the store would no longer be soulbound. MoT was reimbursed for his purchase.

Our policy is to not reimburse players for their own errors, and MoT should have known that the LG he bought would become soulbound. In reimbursing him we broke that policy, which was technically a mistake.

However, when a player makes an error that we feel was at least partially our fault, which in this case we did (I don't think there was even a warning when you bought those LGs from the store about them becoming SB, but I could be wrong), we reserve the right to reimburse that player, especially when the reimbursement is accompanied by a game patch that makes that mistake less likely to occur again.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #43
Boss Hunter

Glitch, if you go around explaining why you do things then people will find themselves with nothing to complain about. You need to let them feel good about themselves. Please stop it!