Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Old 12-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #21
Epic Scholar

how many hours of rrt did 5th pilg take? a thousand or so?

Old 12-27-2015, 02:02 AM   #22
Crab Defiler

There's a bit of an important thing to also mention, the level of the mobs is actually affected by pilgrimage :

During your first Pilgrim, monsters' level stays the same
During your second Pilgrim, monsters are 20 levels higher than normal
During your third Pilgrim, monsters are 40 levels higher than normal
During your fourth Pilgrim, monsters are 60 levels higher than normal
And finally, during your fifth Pilgrim monsters are 80 levels higher than your own(that's right, traveler roads mobs are freaking level 81-83)

Didn't see this anywhere, figured it would be a good thing to add to the thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #23
Gem Pouch Expert

still cant farm docks as a 5th pilg tho

Old 12-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #24
Crab Defiler

yeah that legendary drunken fisherman is spooky.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #25
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
There's a bit of an important thing to also mention, the level of the mobs is actually affected by pilgrimage :

And finally, during your fifth Pilgrim monsters are 80 levels higher than your own(that's right, traveler roads mobs are freaking level 81-83)

Didn't see this anywhere, figured it would be a good thing to add to the thread
Only changes DURING your pilgrimage. Goes back to normal once you're done. An important distinction.

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Old 12-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #26
Crab Defiler

yup yup, hence why I used that word 5 times xD

Old 12-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #27
Rare Collector

A pilgrim is HELL

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 03-19-2016, 12:01 AM   #28
Seer's BFF

Bump

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Old 08-22-2016, 07:38 AM   #29
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

This should be a Sticky please, very nice thread btw.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 AM   #30
The Eldest Pilgrim

ty

[

Old 10-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #31
Rat Slayer

Bump

Old 01-15-2017, 07:23 AM   #32
Boss Hunter

Bump

Old 01-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #33
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davross
First off Id like to say a big thank you to all the people who congratulated me on finishing the 4th Pilgrimage. I have received many pms congratulating me. I have also received a lot of questions about being a pilgrim. So I thought I would make a thread where all the questions and answers can (hopefully) be answered.

What is a pilgrimage?

Pilgrimage is something that a lvl 85 can do when they reach 25 Billion experience points. When someone undertakes a pilgrimage they go to the seer(in any town) and requests one. Their 4 main stats (Melee,Magic,Defence, and recovery) are reduced to 1. Since the lowest you can level from your current level is 3 lvls, this makes them lvl 82. Their goal is to get back to lvl 85 and then level to 86. This is not so easy though. Massive penalties are applied to these stats, so it takes a lot longer than it would normally. Boon does not affect experience gains. As an added bonus, the player will not receive any loot (gold or items) for the mobs they fight. The maximum stat level remains at 140 also. Completing 1st pilgrimage also unlocks 'epic tasks', which in turn unlock the beast HP bonus.

Why are mob levels higher during second pilgrimage?

A nice little thing that happens when you start your 2nd pilgrimage is the mob levels increase by 20 levels per pilgrimage. Don't stress too much though, since it just means you farm a lower zone to get the mob level you want (no more sitting outside ustenar farming n.lake).

And finally, during your fifth Pilgrim monsters are 80 levels higher than your own(that's right, traveler roads mobs are freaking level 81-83) - Thanks Kitty for the info.

What are epic tasks?

Epic tasks involve you speaking to the seer once a day (500k if you want more in one day) and getting a task. This task is to find a random boss somewhere on the map. You get clues, telling you it is a certain direction. You can only get these clues within a certain time. This time is lowered by leveling the Tracking skill in your Resources skill tree. When you find its location, it acts like any other mob and attacks you. You kill it, task complete.

What is the Beast bonus?

The beast bonus is obtained by killing an epic or legendary beast. If you are one of the lucky ones to do this, you will get an 'Epic Player Health Bonus'. I believe it is 5% per kill. By completing epic tasks, you unlock this bonus. So if you have killed the beast 20 times, this bonus would be 100%. To unlock this though, you must complete more and more epic tasks. For example, if you have 100% beast kills and complete 1% of the epic tasks, you will gain 1% more hps. If you have 50% beast kills and complete 1% of the epic tasks, then you should get .5% bonus to your Hps. Please note though I have done no epic tasks and have no beast kills, so this data is unconfirmed.

What is the difference between the pilgrimages?

The penalties increase for each pilgrim you do. Lets say for the 1st pilgrim, your maximum experience was 100,000. This is what the pilgrim experience would be for the others. 1st pilgrim 100k, 2nd pilgrim 50k, 3rd pilgrim 33k, 4th pilgrim 25k, 5th pilgrim (now confirmed) would be 20k. So 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 experience of the 1st pilgrim.

How long does it take to do a pilgrimage?

How long it takes really depends on you characters kill speed. Here are my figures from the 1st 4:

1st Pilgrim: Approx RRT 230 hours
2nd Pilgrim: Approx RRT 460 hours
3rd Pilgrim: 623 RRT hours
4th Pilgrim: 811 RRT hours
5th Pilgrim: ???

Do you think I should do a pilgrimage?

As Glitch stated, the pilgrimage is not for everyone. Personally I found it painstaking and boring as hell. However the pain has to be measured against the gain. It really is something you yourself have to decide on.

Is there a way out if I change my mind?

The only way to 'failgrim' (go back to not having penalties) is to re-roll, everything will go back to normal experience gains. But your back to level 1!

If I get to level 86 and re-roll will I keep my max level 86?

Yes, once you have reached a new level, it is permanent. Be aware though that any level over 85, penalties will kick in again and stay forever, so build your toon carefully. Penalties can be mitigated to some degree though by levelling the social skill 'Adaptation' however this skill does not affect experience while doing the pilgrim, it is designed to help you rebuild after a pilgrim has been completed. At 100 this skill will remove all penalties.

Where do I see who has done a pilgrimage?

There is no table for pilgrims in the top list, but you can see which pilgrims have done 'epic tasks' in there.

Rerolling after Pilgrimage!

It is important to remember that when you have completed a pilgrimage, that is your max level is now greater than lvl 85, you must remember when you, or if you, reroll to NOT HIT LVL 85! You see your toon will have boon affect your base stats experience until 85. Once you hit lvl 85 though, your penalties kick in...forever! Make sure you fix your stats under level 85. Ive seen 2 people so far who have rerolled and hit lvl 85 thinking they could just delevel and fix stats. You cant, you must do it under level 85.

I hope this answers the questions flying around out there, please feel free to ask other questions and I will put them here in the 1st post so that everyone has a clear reference. Also let me know if I have made any errors.

What is a pilgrimage?

Pilgrimage is something that a lvl 85 can do when they reach 25 Billion experience points. When someone undertakes a pilgrimage they go to the seer (in any town) and request one. Their 4 main stats (Melee,Magic,Defence, and recovery) are reduced to 1. Since the lowest you can delevel from your current level is 3 levels, this makes them lvl 82. Their goal is to get back to lvl 85 and then level to 86. This is not so easy though.95% (97.5% second pilg; 98.4% third; 98.75% fourth; & 99% fifth) exp penalties are applied to these stats, so it takes a lot longer than it would normally. Boon and PK bonuses do not affect experience gains. As an added bonus, the player will not receive any loot (gold or items) for the mobs they fight. his even includes first kill boss drops. The maximum stat level remains at 140 also. Completing 1st pilgrimage also unlocks 'epic tasks', which in turn unlock the beast HP bonus. The exp penalties do not go away after the pilgrim is completed. The main 4 stat skills will always have those penalties. The Social skill Adaptation gives you up to 25% more exp at level 99. There are rumors it completely removes the penalties at 100 but that takes billions of gold.

Why are mob levels higher during second pilgrimage?

A nice little thing that happens when you start your 2nd pilgrimage is the mob levels increase by 20 levels per pilgrimage. Don't stress too much though, since it just means you farm a lower zone to get the mob level you want (no more sitting outside Ustenar farming North Lake Halcyon).

During your first Pilgrim, monsters' level stays the same.
During your second Pilgrim, monsters are 20 levels higher than normal.
During your third Pilgrim, monsters are 40 levels higher than normal.
During your fourth Pilgrim, monsters are 60 levels higher than normal.
And finally, during your fifth Pilgrim monsters are 80 levels higher than your own.
This of course is only while the pilgrim is still in progress hence the word during.

What are epic tasks?

Epic tasks involve you speaking to the seer once a day (500k if you want more in one day) and getting a task. This task is to find a random boss somewhere on the map. You get clues, telling you it is a certain direction (north, west, east, south, or down for dungeons). You can only get these clues within a certain time. This time is lowered by leveling the Tracking skill in your Resources skill tree. When you find its location, it acts like any other mob and attacks you. You kill it, task complete. The bosses start at level 90. For every 4% epic hp you acquire the epic boss levels up. This means at 20% you're fighting level 95 bosses. As such the higher you go the stronger you'll need to be PvE to continue questing.
You cannot escape during an epic quest. So avoid high level zones. You cannot group during an epic quest. So it needs to be done through your own power. You cannot have Travel Mode on while doing an epic quest, so you'll lose Rested Time. Average Rested Time spent
on a quest varies as it can be 5 squares away or 1,000. Be wary of epic drops in low cap zones as you cannot escape the monsters.

What is the Beast bonus?

The beast bonus is obtained by killing an epic or legendary beast. If you are one of the lucky ones to do this, you will get an 'Epic Player Health Bonus'. It is 5% per kill. By completing epic tasks, you unlock this bonus. So if you have killed the beast 20 times, this bonus would be 100%. To unlock this though, you must complete more and more epic tasks. For example, if you have 100% beast kills and complete 1% of the epic tasks, you will gain 1% more hps. If you have 50% beast kills and complete 1% of the epic tasks, then you will still get 1% more hps. Note that the number of quests required to unlock an epic hp percent increase the more you do. 2 quests for 1%. 3 quests for 2%. 4 quests for 3% 23 quests for 22% and so on.

What is the difference between the pilgrimages?

The penalties increase for each pilgrim you do. Lets say for the 1st pilgrim, your maximum experience was 100,000. This is what the pilgrim experience would be for the others. 1st pilgrim 100k, 2nd pilgrim 50k, 3rd pilgrim 33k, 4th pilgrim 25k, 5th pilgrim (now confirmed) would be 20k. So 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 experience of the 1st pilgrim. As well as the before mentioned +20/40/60/80 levels to monsters during each pilgrim 2-5.

How long does it take to do a pilgrimage?

How long it takes really depends on you characters kill speed. Here are Davross' figures from the 1st 4:

1st Pilgrim: Approx RRT 230 hours
2nd Pilgrim: Approx RRT 460 hours
3rd Pilgrim: 623 RRT hours
4th Pilgrim: 811 RRT hours
5th Pilgrim: ???

My figures as Double Cast dd are (I've only done the first 2 so the latter 3 are a guess)
1st Pilgrim: Approx 120 hours
2nd Pilgrim: Approx 256 hours
3rd Pilgrim: Should be ~380ish
4th Pilgrim: Should be ~530ish
5th Pilgrim: Should be ~680ish.

So as you can see the more DPS you get before you start a pilgrimage the easier it becomes.

Do you think I should do a pilgrimage?

As Glitchless (the game Admin) stated, the pilgrimage is not for everyone. It is a long, boring grind. The benefits of doing a pilgrimage:
You can get up to 20% epic hp (assuming you have the beast kills) per pilgrimage you complete.
1 Player level (4 stats/12 stat points) & as a result your CA strengthens.
Level Suppression. As we all know in Nod it is harder to hit black mobs than grey mobs. It is my belief this also applies to PvP.
Finally the last bonus is as you are 1 level higher this is 1 less level of exp penalties capping your skills. At 90 only the 99+ levels are max pen. Everyone normally does the first pilgrimage to get a taste of it. Unless you plan to seriously PvP... want to get rid of those exp penalties very direly.. or want to solo farm high end.. pilgs 2-5 you can skip. If you wish to PvP currently 2 pilgs is par to compete. It's slowly starting to shift to 3 pilgs.

Is there a way out if I change my mind?

The only way to 'failgrim' (go back to not having penalties) is to re-roll, everything will go back to normal experience gains, but you're back to level 1! (Albeit with boon).

If I get to level 86 and re-roll will I keep my max level 86?

Yes, once you have reached a new level, it is permanent. Be aware that if you reroll there are no penalties 1-84 so you can fix stats easily. Once you hit 85 though the penalties come back in full. Even if you delevel. So if you want your stats say 140 1 140 63.. do the two 140s with no penalties then do the 63. Note: When fixing stats fix them gradually. There are 2 reasons for this.
1) If you delevel below 85 to fix stats you WILL lose Max Coinage and Big Game Trophies.
2) You must be max level to do an epic task. if you delevel 30 levels it may be hard to get back to your max before you're out of rested time. As it takes years to reach 100% epic hp i do not recommend missing tasks.

Where do I see who has done a pilgrimage?

There is no table for pilgrims in the top list, but you can see which pilgrims have done 'epic tasks' in there.

Credit to Davross, the first man in Nod to complete all 5 pilgrimages, for making the body of this section that i just ran an edit over to add a few things.

Ty Dav for making this thread. This is the edited version i'll be adding to the Nod's Blazing Academy.

Last edited by Blaze; 01-15-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 07-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #34
Boss Hunter

bump

Old 12-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #35
Rat Slayer

Thanks for making this thread