Melee haste aura seems useless
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Melee haste aura seems useless

Lets suppose you have 30 sec pve fights and using rank 5 melee haste aura + rank 5 melee mana thief aura to support first one. You hope that you get +10% dps. But if you take into account that mobs daze and mesm you, say... once daze + once mesm on average per fight, then you see that you loose 2sec(daze) + 3sec(mesm) = 5 sec. fight time increased from 30sec to 35sec = you lose 5/30 = about 16.7% dps. Loose 16.7% and gain 10%, so where is the profit?!

This is more then true for pvp fights where you get perma stuns or dazed often by debrainers/dots.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Temporarily Suspended

You would lose that with or without the gems.. so I'm failing to see the point of this post.. also, you could use a antidaze/mes gem in the third slot to prevent one of those chances..

Not to mention, you can also use theft runes to support the r5 gems better..

Think bro, think..

Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

your 99 2h slasher already has a melee haste aura which doesn't make them stack

Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakris
so I'm failing to see the point of this post...
The point is if you have one aura slot already busy with aura of sloth or anti-stun aura or whatever then others two slot better fill with anti-daze + anti mesm rather then with melee haste + melee thief.

Dawl> ofc it is not about 99 2h slash case

Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
Temporarily Suspended

You do know you can cleanse Mez and Daze, right?

Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrat
You do know you can cleanse Mez and Daze, right?
Can you cleanse at the same rate mobs mesm & daze you?

Also there is another odd fact. Rank 5 sharp steel and melee haste together supposed add about 25% dps. Upkeep cost is 60 mana + 60 energy. Rapid aura rank 5 is 50% for pet dps. Since pet dps about matches whip dps then BM's dps actually increased by 25% with rapid aura. But upkeep for rapid is 20 mana + 20 energy. So for the same 25% dps melee should pay 3 times more mana/energy and use twice more aura slots.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhazar
Can you cleanse at the same rate mobs mesm & daze you?

Also there is another odd fact. Rank 5 sharp steel and melee haste together supposed add about 25% dps. Upkeep cost is 60 mana + 60 energy. Rapid aura rank 5 is 50% for pet dps. Since pet dps about matches whip dps then BM's dps actually increased by 25% with rapid aura. But upkeep for rapid is 20 mana + 20 energy. So for the same 25% dps melee should pay 3 times more mana/energy and use twice more aura slots.
Comparing whippers to other melee (especially slash) isn't a realistic comparison.
Whippers don't get the 'Dice' part of 'slice and dice'
Whippers don't get Vengeance bonus

That's (when maxed) a good 20-30% bonus to melee damage that whips will never see, so comparing the cost of one bonus that affects weapons with another bonus that affects pets isn't really possible.
Also, if those gems are so weak, nobody is forcing you to use them. You could use that mana/energy for DoTs or DDs, if you think it would be more efficient.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #8
>.>
Auction Master

Or raise resistance skills and use a psych resistance aura if they bother you that bad. You will lose dps with or without the gems. Melee gems give you options while you sacrifice nothing, but to use a rabid a bm must give up heals.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

support

Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

I think we nned some thing knew to replace melee haste aura

Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.>
You will lose dps with or without the gems. Melee gems give you options while you sacrifice nothing, but to use a rabid a bm must give up heals.
Hope this is true for LG weapons and whips/pets. I cant test LG but recently I tested uncommon melee and BM sets by killing DMV boss.
Done two test, killing 20 DMV bosses in each.
test 1. 92 1h crush + 92 pet, completed in 47 min
test 2. 92 1h whip + 92 pet, completed in 41 min

No rapid or melee auras, all bm & weaponry skills 89, some 92 ofc. I have no bonus to BM, but 9.5% bonus to melee. Runes used: crit, assurance, pain & quicksteel. In both cases 550str + 270dex was used.

Even having 9.5% bonus to melee with BM set I got about 15% faster kills. With rapid aura kills would be much faster but much less energy & mana upkeep then melee auras needs.

But ofc LG weapons & whips/pets might be balanced in different way.

Melee Haste Aura
Old 04-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #12
Neophyte

Default Melee Haste Aura

I use melee haste aura. Of course, I have the most OP weapons in the game to take advantage of it with.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #13
>.>
Auction Master

Well when pets crit they deal an additional bleed for the same amount doing double damage essentially. They are better suited for longer fights like the dmv boss is in comparison to say a N lake mob. So over time a bm's damage starts to rival that of melee but melee can have faster burst damage (excluding the dillo).

Last edited by >.>; 04-23-2013 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Temporarily Suspended

He already said you cannot compare whippers to other classes for a few reasons, here are even more that haven't been mentioned..

Like the natural resistance to blue gems which you are talking about via Growl/Intimidate.. and they have a much smaller "DPD" which in turn allows their skills to more effective add to total DPS giving them overall more "solid timing" in kill speed..

Not to mention, I didnt have to run "tests" as my Vamp/BM has always had more solid farm speeds than my ranger, my slasher and my crusher.. maybe not as fast but the gem is far from useless

Last edited by Jadakris; 04-23-2013 at 11:00 PM..