Special Trophies
Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Somneil

Default Special Trophies

This is an idea for down the road, perhaps in the level 100+ game.

I think it would be cool if we could earn "legendary trophies" or something to that effect, perhaps through events. These trophies could be sacrificed at a special, difficult-to-reach altar (not in a normal town) to gain experience in "legendary skills."

Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i dont think i quite understand what you mean is it something like the beasts in RWK and then by legendary skills what do you mean

Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

i think he means tht lvl 100 skills xD

as calling them legendary not really sure though

but thts how i read it

Old 06-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
Somneil

Events do not necessarily have to be like the beasts in RWK. I leave that up to Jeff to decide what kinds of events he wants to hold.

Legendary skills are only meant to be powerful and hard to obtain. I do not have specifics on these skills.

As far as implementing them in the skill window, either they could have their own branch and only one altar would be needed to train them or each branch could contain certain skills flagged as "legendary" (or whatever word you want to use) and could only be trained by activating it then sacrificing the trophy to the proper altar (there would have to be an altar for each branch, just like in town if this method was used) in the special altar place.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

so like your suggestign at some higher lvl

u will open up a new skills section for legendary skills

and then thus need these legendary trophies to increase them

hmm i think lvl skills will be hard enough as it is without adding in legendary skills

lol the exp needed goes up so quickly

Old 06-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i get the general meaning of your idea now but i agree with doug i dont see much point in it as it already takes forever just to lvl normal skills and with what your suggestion it would be far too time consuming for my liking

Old 06-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Somneil

The time it would take to level "legendary" skills with trophies is a valid concern. However, I would think each level in the skill would be a huge bonus.

Another solution would be that each trophy could be customized by Jeff to give a different level of xp. So maybe some events would yield low xp legendary trophies and the toughest events would yield the highest.

Another thought is that perhaps after a legendary skill was trained to a certain level, it would be eligible for passive advancement.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
Auction Master

i get your point but i dont really see it happening and if it was too happen it would probably require subscription so that glitchless actually got something out of it

Old 06-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Seer's BFF

it seems like a long process xD

and wouldnt be worth the effort from

what your saying i dont see how

legendary skills would be better

as the exp needed as i stated before goes up so fast

tht u will not want any higher skills xD

Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #10
Auction Master

they would have to be extremely good skills for anyone to want to use time on them as just getting the most needed skills for your class to 100 would take ages and then too also have to do these i would think that would be too much for anyone too really want to do it espicially if you cant passive them

since as you say the trophies will be hard to get for it and you have to go to a specific location to use those trophies and not just any town which means you coould have to walk from one end of the map to the other having to spend a few hour on that alone

Old 06-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Decker

its a good idea for end game content but ya the time and effort you'd end up having to put into probably wouldn't be worth it. but that would remain to be seen in idk, 2 years from now? lol

Old 06-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #12
Somneil

Ehh you're probably right. Scrap that idea.

But I do think the trophy system in Nodiatis is fun and cool and I'd like to see more done with it somehow.

Any ideas?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 AM   #13
Auction Master

not at the moment though ill post them if come up with any

Old 06-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #14
Seer's BFF

yeh your right u could probably advance on the trophy sysytem though

not how u suggested it take far to long lol

but maybe if u collected trophies of a certain nature

and got gold rewars instead of exp or soemthing from the seer

tht could be another way