Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports

Interface: DOT Icons Transferring to Other Enemies?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Rat Slayer

Default Interface: DOT Icons Transferring to Other Enemies?

Hi,

This may be a very small issue, but I want to ask anyway, in case it might be something already programmed into the system.

I went to the Plains to gather fish for making oils. I entered Heroic Mode to get better resources, and used gems to kill the Lionesses and Hellfire Anthills.

After finishing the Fishing resource game, I started another fight, and the Heroic Hellfire Anthill I encountered had a "Disease" icon over its interface, when I had not used that sort of gem on it. The icon was present for about 2 or 3 seconds, and then disappeared. I could not get a screenshot of the occurrence due to its brief nature.

I do have Malingering gems in my pouch, and I had used them in previous fights, but not this particular one, in which I saw the icon for the "Disease" effect, at the beginning of combat. I have no class abilities or weapons which enable me to cast the "Disease" DOT effect on my enemies; as such, it can only be done with my gems. Since I had just started the fight and had not used a Malingering gem, I don't think I should have seen that icon above the interface of the enemy.

My guess is that the "Disease" effect icon from the previous fight somehow showed up in the next fight, after a resource game. How is this possible? Does it have any effect on the combat system other than the display of an icon?

Edition: The next fight I started showed a different Heroic Hellfire Anthill with the "Bleeding" and "Burning" icons already above its interface. As I checked closely, no Bleeding or Burning damage was taken by the enemy before the icons disappeared. The two icons were present even after the Fishing resource game. The actual words, "Bleeding" and "Burning", were not present, but the icons were. Since the icons did not correspond to any visible damage numbers, I have reason to believe that they carried over from the previous fight; this seems like some sort of display error.

Thank you for reading,
Moira Thea

Last edited by Moirathea; 11-21-2012 at 01:23 AM..