Random msg's bug?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Thaedon

Default Random msg's bug?

Twice in about an hour i got random msg's from people, and by random, i mean, it was a msg of only like 2 or 3 letters, with no meaning (see below). When I replied to them with a question mark, or "huh?" I got no response from them.

From Gitos: "jkj"
my response: "?"

No answer.

About 20-30 minutes later i got -

From Preque: "pf"
my response: "huh?"

No answer.

I asked people on the civil chan if anyone else got them, and from the answers I got, some had. Not sure if this is exactly what they got, or if 2 people just HAPPENED to click my picture and msg me, I dont know (since I dont know these people, never partied with them or talked to them).

Old 09-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Nosebatter

My guess is, they didn't understand the recently introduced channel seperation. They wanted to know if they could be heard on the other channel if they send a pm. If I'm wrong, then it's a strange coincidence that this happens the day after that update.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Kellisa

I've had quite a few random 1-time PMs as well before the update, usually after I said something in chat.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
Hellbender

I this this as well. Either someone messages you something dumb like "Oi". There should be an option to be able to turn off private messages, but still allow your friends to message you.