Skill level
Old 09-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Chasman

Default Skill level

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, didnt see it.

The mouse rollover in the adventuring skills states only one of the seven can advance above level 10. Currently, my mining skill is 16 and my woodcutting is level 11.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

did you have the second one on passive?
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Chasman

Yes after I reached the mining level I wanted, I put woodcutting on passive to reach level 10, but it went beyond to 11.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
Auction Master

And now he might fix it and then many, many people will hate you.

Congratulations.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Chasman

Since the topic is Bug and exploits, and this appears to be one, then I feel it necessary to do so. If people hate me for it, then one would assume they know about it and are EXPLOITING it. These are GAMES, and the object is to find and correct bugs to make the game fair and enjoyable for all. If people wish to hate me for it, so be it, I will still enjoy my sleep at night, and the game when I play it.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
Hellbender

Chasman people will always hate the person for correcting a problem that they have discovered a loop-hole around (aka the easy button). Majority of people don't want to have to strive for something that's hard to obtain, because they want it made easy for them. Back on the subject though from what I've heard from someone don't know if it's true. If you level up one of those skills say to 20 then you're able to level up the skill that was <10 but not =10. To a level <=10 but <20. If don't understand the characters I used or why I used them ask someone that knows a little about algebra. However the way that the skill is worded is once one of the skills has reached level 10 none of the other skills can reach level 10. I think what happened was Jeff put a limit for the Active learning, but forgot to put a limit for the passive learning in this field. :P

Old 09-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
Administrator

If you can just get it to 11 and not beyond it's not that big of a deal and we won't change it. Can you get it further than 11?

Old 09-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

i got one to lvl 12. >.< however, if you take passive off of it, and then put it back on, then it wont continue to go up.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 AM   #9
Kellisa

I think it's when you log out with the passive on, and it stops when you log back in and it updates or something...not 100% sure though since my woodcutting only went to 11 too.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
Administrator

Ya it's due to logging on after a long time with the skill on passive below 10, it gets a load of experience at once and can shoot above 10. It's not really much of an exploit, it won't be changed.