Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > Role Playing > Role Play

OOC Role Play Ideas and Talk
Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Thors Battlehammer

Default OOC Role Play Ideas and Talk

Discuss RP ideas and events here along with current events from various RP's. Try to keep spoilers down to a minimum though, thanks

Old 06-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Thors Battlehammer

I started this thread for various reasons: One rpers do need a break every now and then. Two: ideas need to be spread. And Three: Opinions count, everyone has a voice and needs to be heard, this is where you can ask about the Character (Char) statisics or abilites and see if they are too overpowering.

I also added a link to Ehlamaris's forum to help show others how a Char Stat list looks like. Any questions... just post here. And I save most RP's in Word in a book form so if you want a copy just ask.

We have worked hard and long to make characters, comments help shape that character and keep it to were it cannot be considered a 'god' so please keep in mind that playing a 'god' will come back at you harshly by other players and, most likely, staff. http://www.ehlmaris.com/forum/index.php

Last edited by Thors Battlehammer; 06-02-2008 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: The url didn't show, guess i did it wrong =D

Old 06-29-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
Ehlmaris

So I am thinking of writing out a solo thing involving several of my characters, introducing a couple new ones, killing one off... just need to get permission from Erik regarding one of his characters being somewhat involved in the whole story. If I do this it will be published in "chapters" more or less. Erik, I will send a message to you in just a second about it.

Unfortunately I will not be able to join you guys in the near future in forum rp; I just do not have any time. But this stuff is a quest I had planned on doing in RWK emotes that did not take off. It has been stabbing at the back of my mind ever since and I need to get it out :P

Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
Thors Battlehammer

of course you may ^.^ and I cannot wait till I get to see what you have and I hope all goes well and you get to rejoin us. I would love to get the 'Rider' quest going again. ^.^

Old 06-30-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
Ehlmaris

Now that I think about it (with a slight reminder from Bryon) a portion of the storyline for "the Power of the Ancients" will be an open RP. As far as I can tell right now there will be four missions. I will let you guys know when it opens up out of just Clint and Lath. It will not be long, though.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Thors Battlehammer

Yay looking forward to it

Old 07-06-2008, 02:55 AM   #7
Ehlmaris

Part 2 is now up. Give me some time to plot out what I want to do with the next two parts and a conference will be called at the palace. It can be assumed that you're all invited as that will be the point where it opens up to full RP status

Old 07-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Ehlmaris

The intro to part 3 is up, and The Power of the Ancients is now open to all. Keep in mind, it's an epic-style quest that I hope will more or less follow a set plot I have in my head.

That said... on with the show!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
TalesofPirates

Wow all I can say so far guys and gals is AWESOME keep up the great work, it is refreshing to see true roleplaying returning to pen and paper as it were, thank you very much for a good adventure

Old 03-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
smoken

in my previous forum there was a tavern where players could rp and drink some of that ol` ale

Old 04-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
Sheshro Skry

We used to have a tavern..once upon a time. I burned it down when everyone left. Ehehehehe

Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via MSN to Qtchi Send a message via Skype™ to Qtchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshro Skry
We used to have a tavern..once upon a time. I burned it down when everyone left. Ehehehehe
LOL Sheshro - You could start a tavern RP. Those are always fun

Since this is the OOC thread, I was wondering if some of my questions can get answered by those in the RP "The Long Road" ?

1) Ketotsue-Your post was so complex I didn't quite understand what happened. *blushes* What happened with the shadow creatures when you did that little switch? You...swallowed them?

2) Is Elsani still trapped within the base tower? I shot arrows at it, but couldn't write what effect they had upon the shadow sphere without god-modding. It's up to Vuxxa to continue to write his NPCs even if his character had walked away from the battle to...rain fire...

3) And how far are we from the other two players? Sheshro Skry and Laylani? If we are in the same forest or near proximatey, I highly doubt "balls of fire....(with) Flames so bright as to light the skies for miles..." would go unnoticed.

I'm hoping all parties could somehow find their way together and combine the RP story...just...a thought...

~Eagerly awaiting clarification. Thank you!

<Also Available on Google - New!>

Old 05-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

the shadows are dead, and the darkness around Elsani was destroyed. Ketotsue allowed the spirit forged into his sword(Atterimus or whatever it's name is) to take over his body to keep him from dying from the massive amounts of wounds inflicted upon him when the magic from the shards of his sword were sent back at him from the barrier around the shadows.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

Thanks Vuxxa! I noticed the lightening was aimed towards the shadow but for some strange reason, we can't edit anything after 5 minutes >.<! Bah...

Old 05-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Vuxxa crouched among the foilage. To anybody looking at him they would have just seen forest not his scarred face. He watched the two people on the mountain side talking. Lauphing to himself he said a few choice words "Pravus existo edo" as these words left his lips shadows sprang from the mountain side. Imediately they went for their targets. "Lascivio per tui nutrimens."
Vuxxa, just a suggestion: Not all of us can read latin (what did those two quotes mean btw?). When posting with a foreign language, you can offer a translation after, without losing the post. Here is an old post I wrote:
__________________________________________________ ____
Example:
Painfully, she dragged her hand forward - palm out, fingers splayed. Ignoring the rivulets of pain coursing through her body, the necromancer drew in a deep breath, her eyes closed in concentration. From within the girl, whispers rose and filled her mind, bringing a warmth to her body. The silver bracelet upon her wrist began to give off a faint glow, the tiny bells upon them trembled and gave off a faint chime.

Beads of sweat formed along her brow and she forced the incantation out from within her, calling out to the spirit of the dead creature.

“Revertor reverti reverses-“ Return to me-

The necromancer broke off, coughing as the dust tickled the back of her throat and her eyes blinked open - the emerald green was now streaked with bright red swirls that showed her inner demon. Before her, the creatures took a step closer, their heavy tails swinging out behind their large bodies and she knew she didnae have much time. Drawing in a deep breath, she mustered up her remaining strength and pushed her trembling body from the ground.

“Animate!“ She screamed, thrusting her hand out once more towards the dead corpse.

The word of power pulsed through her skin towards the dead body. The rush of so much magic nearly made her drop her arm, but she gritted her teeth and refused to let her concentration waver. From behind the creatures, a gray shadow detached itself from the surrounding darkness and like a blanket, it surrounded the dead body.

The necromancer pushed forward with her mind, drawing the spirit into the body with great effort.

”Amehe I…Senehe I…” She whispered, Obey me…Protect me…

The body twitched and the bind was complete. The necromancer dropped her arm and shakily, she rose to her feet. Leaning against the wooden door, she continued to hold her concentration upon her creation, now rising to its feet behind his once companions…

Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
Gem Pouch Expert

ok first of all sorry for the complexity of my post ill try to clear it up for you. I dont know if you know this but theres a thread on here called "charecter thread" or some such but on there i posted what all my charecter can do as have others unfortanetly like you said you cant go back and edit posts after five minutes so it was left rather incomplete but whatever. Ok in that thread one of my abilitys is dark fury where I would get a speed boost for every kill so the shadow eating as you called was a side effect of that along with the spirit haveing control over my body i figured that should change the way it works nomally sorry for all the trouble.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Gem Pouch Expert

oh and as for the proximity of all the people I had assumed we were in the same forest but seeings how neither of the other two charecters responded to the fire I can only assume that were not im guessing we will have to bring this up in the post for any real answers

Old 05-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
Sheshro Skry

It's not the same place.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
Gem Pouch Expert

how far away is it from where we are.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
Perloo

Just a note, both Vuxxa and Necronas have moved to these "plains" which, apparrently are barren wastes, maybe this elven kingdom "Leagues away from any human settlement" is somewhere nearby?

By the way Vuxxa, that strange new organization you talked about in one post... who are they? Are they just a random horde of minions or what? Right now it seems like it's a direct battle between you and Ketotsue, there has been so much random fighting that at this rate, the RP isn't going to have much dialogue.

What I'm saying is, we need a lull in the fighting where our chars can get to know eachother.

Ideas anyone?