Bugs
Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Kaelrithian

Default Bugs

Greetings all, first time Nodiatis player, long time gamer.

I'm experiencing a variety of problems with the game. The most annoying, has to be the random bugging-out of the screen, which seems to be caused by incoming messages, particularly more than one in a short time. Also, when I do get an incoming message, from the game or another player...it sends it to my log/floating across the screen...at least 20 times (the same message). I think this may be the cause of the ensuing lag/screen bug-out. Now, I'm on a Macintosh (rather new one)...and I originally thought that this was the problem; however after speaking with a few more players, who us PC's, I realized they experience the same problems. So then, I assumed it was my Java...as I'm getting the flashing red "Java" symbol at the bottom of my screen, along with the relevant message in my log. However, the Mac updates these things automatically, and I looked into it anyhow...and definitely have the very latest version of Java, so I really don't think that this is the issue. Also, along with the Java message, I get this following message in my log, when logging into the game:

ERROR Got _c=1 and GameState was 5

Anyhow, thanks for listening, and I appreciate any help or advice on these issues.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Somneil

I think we could really use your help to work the bugs out of Mac users running the game. There are few if any willing to fill out constructive bug reports so cheers to you.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Auction Master

*clap clap*

Salud!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Kaelrithian

Anything I can do to help...would be my pleasure. If any of you have specific questions, I'd be glad to answer them to the best of my ability.

I do have one specific question myself, that I'm hoping someone can answer. I posted it in the appropriate section, but it hasn't had one reply in more than a week, so I figured I'd ask it here....apologies for doing so.

Basically, I'm on a Mac...and do not have a right-click button on my mouse. Typically this is fine, as I can just use the "command + click" option, which acts as a right-click, and works fine in shops and on items. However, it does not work when used on a player-portrait (it just brings up the command prompt with "/t (playername)", thereby making it impossible for me to invite others into groups...and I'm sure many other things which I am not even aware exist in the game, aha. So actually, on second thought...perhaps this is a bug that could be fixed.

My question is: I've figured out that I can do certain things from the command prompt itself, for instance "/buddy (playername)"...to place a player on my buddy list. So I'm wondering...can I use any game action through the command prompt? Grouping, PvP, ect ect? I've tried anything I can think of, to no avail. Is there perhaps a list of command-prompt codes, that someone could direct me to? Or if anyone is aware of any personally, and could post them here...that would be great.

Anyhow, thanks for listening.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Thaedon

Reason why there's no mac users out there willing to help out with bug catching/clearing, is cause macs suck...

I own a mac, and I will attest to you that I prefer my GF's laptop PC ANY DAY of the week over my mac.

But, if it works for you, cheers.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
Kaelrithian

While I appreciate your eloquent statement of "Macs suck", you have to understand that they are two different machines. The Mac is much faster and built as a workhorse, and is superior in that aspect...in nearly every way. Problem being, they aren't nearly as popular in the home, hence game designers typically don't bother making their games compatible. Evident just by looking at the game rack down at the shop. That is changing recently though, and fast...as the Macs popularity increases.