PKK Exploit!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Default PKK Exploit!

I have a complaint about how the PK/PKK system is set up.

It dawned on me while I was dueling Poopewface and Xulos yesterday that PPF was able to flee from combat and rejoin. At first I didn't quite understand why she did it, but soon after I realized that she did it to refresh her testudo. This caused a full reset on her damage mitigation.

As a PK, I find this unfair as I am unable to do the same. If she were to lose in a PvP fight, she would lose 1 item. If I lose, I lose everything and have to start from scratch.

I suppose if I were going to team up with another PK this would be more reasonable, but to be honest I probably wouldn't as doing so would result in me becoming an OPEN RANGE PK.

My fix is to make it so that if a player runs from PvP, they can't come back. Same as mobs.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

I remember that thread. Glitchless said she invented Nodiatis Raiding, but I disagree. We can't do this in PVE and raids are a PVE thing :P

Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

hehe... busted ... be smarter next time.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Administrator

If you don't want them to escape don't let them. There are gems that prevent this.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
If you don't want them to escape don't let them. There are gems that prevent this.
What are they called and where may I find them?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx
please tell me you are joking
What is a sense of humor and where may I find one?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

How bout allowing raiding in pve...?

Last edited by Takeda; 05-29-2012 at 08:47 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda
How bout allowing raiding in pve...?
*kind of* agree. Things would have to change a lot though. Like high-end bosses would have to be a lot harder.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

So it's fair that in order to use the same type of strategy I'd have to open myself up to caps, despite being a midrange PK? Coccyx, you're anti PvP to begin with so your opinoion regarding this is moot point. Daer, go back to iggying me. Glitch, PK's are already expected to hold their own vs teams. If someone runs, that's fine, but if you want out stay out. As I said, I can't jump out of a boss battle and rejoin to refresh testudo. Why should PKK's be allowed?

As I said, if she loses, she MIGHT lose one stack of whatever. If I go down, I lose literally EVERYTHING. You can't leave combat vs a mob just to reset testudo, you shouldn't be able to in PvP, ESPECIALLY with everything at stake.

Last edited by Roo; 05-29-2012 at 11:56 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #10
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Maybe I should have posted boobs.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #11
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
she already reported it and glitch said it wasnt an exploit, she told you this last night. As far as im concerned you should be open range anyway so I really have no sympathy over you losing your range. Id like to point out that there are pks that stay in group and retain thier range such as robcole.

There is really no reason to punish people because you can't figure out how to use a stratagem yourself.
Why should I have to be open range? Secondly, I think I've been pretty successful in my strategy thus far. Lastly, I've grouped lots, but never to spree. If you do that you lose range restrictions. Nobody is being punished here. It isn't a matter of keeping her taunted. It's the fact that she's leaving combat just to come back in. She is resetting her testudo. That is exploitable, end of story.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
Epic Scholar

Jewal carries taunts, you can carry them too so you can fight her instead of running. PKs may be cowards but they don't have to be stupid. Taunt her and she can't escape, end of story.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

This exploit and the team glitch response seems ridiculous to me.

There are already so few pkers in this hardcore pvp game, I think the game would be better served if there was more pk action and things like this just further encourage passive farming instead of pvp.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
This is exactly the kind of bull**** which contributes to my being anti pk. You people go running around killing people simply minding thier own business and stealing their stuff knowing full and well that if you die you lose all of it but you chose to do it anyway. You can't handle everyone being out to get you so you hide behind level restricts pretty much preventing anyone without an army of massively op alts for every 5 levels from killing you. You can use the same strategy without going open range AND prevent her from using it if you really tried. Instead of adapting and using the strategy for yourself you report it as an exploit even though it's already been cleared by glitch before. You can't just sweep this under the rug by saying I'm anti-pk try as you might.
You have to watch out for one guy. I'm watching for everyone in my range. You chose to play a MMO with PvP implementation, despite your sore feelings for what seems like any type of PvP. Not like you're getting PKed from the chatbox, so why do you even care? I'm just saying let's level the field a bit here. There's what, like 6 active PK's who don't just get bonus and hide? I'm on an awful lot, and I pay attention to the names. There aren't many left.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #15
Rare Collector

I understand that taunts and dots with prevent escape auras are there to stop enemies escaping, but that should be to help you kill the intended enemy. Escaping to avoid being killed is fine but escaping to immediately re enter a fight is rediculous and would never be done in a realistic battle. If you did re enter battle immediately after fleeing you would be tired, hurting and in poor state of mind. If you want to allow re entry into battle give them a 10 second daze mes or stun and most definitely no testudo or opening strike bonuses.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo
As I said, I can't jump out of a boss battle and rejoin to refresh testudo. Why should PKK's be allowed?
^This

PKs are moving, smarter, often tougher boss kills with MUCH better loot. Their fights should act the same way.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #17
Administrator

Bosses can't prevent you from escaping. You can prevent PKK's from doing it. The technique is known as testoodles and has been around since before written records.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #18
Rare Collector

Fair point...though I had testoodles for dinner and they definitely needed maple syrup.

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha

Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Bosses can't prevent you from escaping. You can prevent PKK's from doing it. The technique is known as testoodles and has been around since before written records.
.... No disrespect intended, but are you high? I'm not disputing escape. I'm arguing that re-entry shouldn't be allowed. I'm starting to feel like I'm being trolled by the admin here, and that doesn't seem very professional at all.

Let me clarify my complaint. I have no problem with PKKs running away with their tail between their legs. What I have a problem with is them re-entering battle. Re-entry is a guaranteed way to exploit the testudo bonus that you are supposed to receive ONCE per battle. I'm not disputing the existence of taunts or stuns, in fact I'm prepared to utilize both.

Quote:
I have it on good authority that the founding fathers were pro PKing.
Then why make exploitable tactics like this available? It's exactly the kind of thing that deters people from the PvP aspect of the game. We can't all simply be satisfied by nothing more than the eternal grind.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
Auction Master

a) It's not an exploit if it's intended. Which it clearly is.

b) Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a bug.

c) Glitch knows exactly what you mean, he just doesn't agree.

d) Not agreeing with you =/= wrong.

I think that about covers it.

Quote:
You won't be warned again.