Rune of riches not working
Old 05-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Rune of riches not working

Been testing this rune now quite a lot i think
Done now 400 kills with rune of riches and 400 kills without that rune.
And resluts are quite bad. Test conditions have been all the same all the test time. Max coinage lev 89, area has been Goblin swamp + 1-2% of all kills in Deadmans Valley while walking to Goblin swamp.
Rune of Riches rank 4 should give 8% bonus to gold found in chests. In reality its not working at all.
My test results show its not working at all.
400 kills with rune of riches on average gold from chests is 2774 gold.
400 kills without rune of riches average gold from chests is 2843 gold.
So i got less gold with rune of riches on.

I think jeff shuld check if there is something wrong with this rune.

You all probably gonna say its just random..... but hell... it cant be that random
Here is my test sheet also https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&output=html

Old 05-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Boss Hunter

im still proceeding with my test and its going worse..... with rune of riches my average is lower then without it now

Old 05-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Having looked at your excel sheet, I have 2 suggestions :

1. Get rid of the zero gold counts. Those can skew results a lot, and riches rune doesnt make you more likely to get a chest

2. Also remove all the GRs, OR divide them by 7. Once again, a few of those in the wrong place can hugely skew your results (and riches rune doesnt make a GR more likely)

Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
Administrator

See how the gold rushes are disible by 7 without rune of riches, and they aren't with rune of riches? That's because that type of gold bonus is applied after the x7 multipler of gold rushes. It also shows that the bonus is being applied and highlights the potential for a test of 400 samples (which may seem like a lot) to be statistically insignificant when dealing with results that have such a huge variance.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeth
Having looked at your excel sheet, I have 2 suggestions :

1. Get rid of the zero gold counts. Those can skew results a lot, and riches rune doesnt make you more likely to get a chest

2. Also remove all the GRs, OR divide them by 7. Once again, a few of those in the wrong place can hugely skew your results (and riches rune doesnt make a GR more likely)
1.I know this rune is not getting more chests and more gold rushes

2. removed all 0-s and GR-es ad results didnt changed much... difference is now 2,8% higher on the farming with rune side.

But well im still bored and im still procedding with writeing down all chests i get we´ll see if any change comes in