Strange AH stack problem
Old 05-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Strange AH stack problem

Maybe related to the other reports down there, but this one is quite weird:

I had two stacks of combats listed in AH, one stack of 75 trophies, another stack of 72 (resulted from possible small purchase before).

Weaponmasterc was trying to buy the entire stacks. However, his first purchase was 72 trophies from the stack of 75. (resulting a 3-trophy stack left)
And a second purchase got him the 72 stack as a whole. So after two click of purchase the full stack from him, a remaining 3-trophy stack is left in my storage.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

OK, now the weirdo extends:

Today I listed a few stacks on AH, and intentionally I kept a few other stacks off the market (i.e. not listed at all). They started with 100 in each stack.

Then there comes buyers who would buy 1 or 10 from time to time. The funny thing is at some point, the system starts to draw the trophies from the stacks that were not even listed.

Glitch I think the description here is pretty clear already. so I saved the trouble to make a screenshot (anyway these are static status, so even with a screenshot, it won't prove or disprove anything. ). I guess it is due to the code of attempting to "cluster" the small sales into one stack (as much as possible) had some problem that led to these strange behaviors.

So none is serious, rather annoying only (slightly effects game play because it makes bookkeeping of sales difficult.) . But it may lead to more serious problems. So if you have time, pls try to fix it. ty.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Auction Master

If you have multiple stacks of the same item up with the same price, and someone buys say 10 of them, then tries to buy the whole stack without refreshing the AH page, AH will take the full stack amount from your other available trophies. This can cause confusion if you have a lot of trophies on AH, or have trophies on a few different levels in storage.

Say you have two stacks of 100 trophies. I buy 10 trophies from stack A, then 1 trophy from stack B. Then, without refreshing the AH page, I try to buy the full (100) stack A. The system will automatically take 100 total trophies from any available stacks at that price. In this case stack B would be left at 89.

I'm in reading this wrong and you think purchases are taking from stacks which aren't even being auctioned, I'd say test it with a friend/alt. Put 2 stacks of say 20 trophies into storage, put one on AH, leave the other alone. See if he can buy a couple of singles then a full stack of 20, taking from the non-AH stack. That process will be a lot easier to catch in screenies, just snap the full stacks, partial stacks and AH purchase info scrolling up the screen. If you sell more trophies than you've got on AH, j00 get teh tea seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Boss Hunter

it is something I do not need to test, it just happened to me. It is Glitch who need to test it out if it bothers him.

Right now apparently it is not bothering him yet. And honestly speaking, it does not bother me much either. But it is something that is not working correctly and worth fixing if one has time. No tc reward is needed. This is not an exploit.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Administrator

Orders are filled from the first stack in your storage that has the same price and enough volume to fill an order. It will never take from stacks that do not have an auction price set for them in your storage.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Boss Hunter

ty glitch. Then If what I described really happens, it must be a bug. I will do some testings when I have time and let you guys know the results.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Administrator

The thing that often causes the confusion is that strange numbers of items can be bought if a person is looking at old auction house data. For instance when the person bought your first stack of 72, then they tried to buy that same stack of 72 since their auction didnt update they ended up just taking 72 from your 75 stack of same price.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot94
it is something I do not need to test
Clearly it is.

Quote:
You won't be warned again.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
Boss Hunter

Quote:
The thing that often causes the confusion is that strange numbers of items can be bought if a person is looking at old auction house data. For instance when the person bought your first stack of 72, then they tried to buy that same stack of 72 since their auction didnt update they ended up just taking 72 from your 75 stack of same price.
Yes, this part I just figured out. So far I did not recreate the effect of unlisted stacks being drawn. It is likely a mistake of recording on my side. But I will keep paying attention. Ty again, glitch.