Rare Collector

Speaking of gail's signature i remember golden showers and /shout

Old 05-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #23
Auction Master

I still use /s :l

Old 05-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via AIM to Olvan

I remember when there were no recall potions in the game and you had to track all the way from t2 to pet forest/orc camp and be so encumbered by the time I would get there to farm and almost be ready to gate back .

I remember when there was no auction house.

I remember the holy mess it was when the Auction house was first introduced and everything posted was all slammed together with no order or sections.

I remember when Player Killers could kill you over and over again with no time restrictions and every time you died from getting pk'ed you also lost rrt/rt for it and continue to lose time deducted from next days time and so on if you ran out of rt like dying from mobs now does.

I remember asking Glitch in a pm to make all time cards unsb and his response was "its never gonna happen" LOL this has proven not to be true several times since I started playing the game. In time Glitch will bend to the direction the dollar can be caught from and when he made all forms of purchased tc's unsb it proved that point for me.

I remember when Morrodin was the worst douche in game before Driiveby came along.

Remember Richp and his complaining about crafting and him quitting because he had enough? He seemed a greedy person from his posts and complaints anyway

The original Purefear

RIP Clan Tree (Dryne was always the real clan master and was the one who busted his ass to build the clan to where it was before the person who made the clan came back and decided to back stab everyone in clan sell it off to Chaos and kick everyone from the clan in the middle of the night without any notice and they used all of our efforts for several months of building rp to become alt war clan for Chaos)

I remember when Glitch nerfed Epic acc.

Just a few but I am sure many more not coming to mind atm.

Under the weight of a dark and barren land that lays before me, bearing the guilt and shame.

The invisible chains bind the soul tight, words slip away from parted lips.

Fighting to escape the blackness only to wonder back into its empty embrace.

Anger will only make the beast grow stronger, denial makes the fire of rage burn hotter.

Dance the dance of the eternal slumber, void of all life's great wonders.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
Gem Pouch Expert

Relic you noob!

Yea, Srci and Nodeities were sharing accounts early in the game. Then later Nemi joined them around level 30 or so and they went nuts leveling like crazy. They passed Decker and were the first to make it to Ice Lake. There probably weren't more than a dozen people who had even gotten to Skelly at the time. Nemi stopped leveling at 40 to let her learning and adventure skills catch up. Srci and Nodeitis kept leveling to 60 cap, but Srci got there first.

I think Zenga was the first to cross from Arena Isle to T3 instead of taking the loooong way around or suiciding at the Seer. I don't think recalls had come out yet. Not sure if gates were out either.

Remember when free accounts could sell resources to other players? It took Jeff a long time to figure it out but he eventually changed it.

Remember before the 50% rule when someone could PL by jumping back and forth between 2 fights and get full exp and trophies even if the mob had 1% health left?

Remember before the berserk patch when a fight could go on for an hour or longer?

Remember when the redistribute and delevel patch came out and Zenga deleveled from 60 cap to something like 35 with full capped gear and skills? Then he PLed the heck out of Skelly? Jeff put a stop to that real fast and made the 3 level rule.

Remember Ritalin or one of his alts going on a major killing spree in Mosslands and Spruce? I don't remember how many it was, but it seems like he killed close to a hundred before he died.

Remember when permadeath meant losing everything including all learning skills? You went back to the docks with NOTHING, just like you started a new toon.

Remember when PKs couldn't talk in normal chat and had their own chat channel? And any alt using the same IP got squelched from chat as well?

Remember when there were no epics, no accel, no grinder, no TCs, and no shared bliss? The level 11 suit in T3 cost a fortune when your only income was 2-5 gold per chest and a few boss drops.

Remember the "fake" clans like Order of Nemesis and Stylish Spelunkers?

Remember when the newt was most of the way to T3 and you'd get killed and sent all the way back to T2? Same with the S Pass boss that was most of the way to T4.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #26
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
I still talk to srci now and then on msn, but been a while now. He was a fun guy to have in the game, back when chat was actually mature and there was a lot of mutual respect. But you are wrong on some points:

- srci was the first to ding 60, nodeities was 59, I was 56 & decker 47x3. (nodeities & srci shared their accounts as they later admitted)
- they went on a pk spree right away, but nodeities ran into that high level zone to the right of T1, and got perma killed by a mob (him being 59)
- so austen, the iceladic guy & srci grouped up (first 2 were low level) to pk
- I had no high level alts at that time, so I parked a lvl 15 alt on the road between T1 & T2, next spot a lvl 30 alt and then my main high level toon, trying to bait them into combat
- it worked but I screwed up, going on srci instead of killing austen & icelandic guy first, level difference was massive then, but i got scri really low when he killed me
- over the next 2 days he didn't play, and I catched up with him at 60,
- I power levelled my 2 alts to 60 in 3 days after which he found the risk too high to lose all the epics he got from pk'ing (remember you could loot your victim) and redeemed as lvl 1., even more because decker was around 50 as well.

While srci definitely did nice things, decker was in a different category as a player. But that's just my take on it.
You're right on all accounts, and they say marijuana causes memory loss. I think you just blew that theory out of the water. I also still talk to Srci on facebook sometimes. I don't know how I forgot to mention Decker, that guy was a beast, I worshiped Zenga when I was a noob too.

And when Nodieities died to a mob in PK mode, that was the best fail Nod has ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melusinenyxie
I remember when Jewsteen got banned from civil and the whole word fell on their knees and ripped their clothing and threw ashes upon themselves, and the great lord of Nodiatis saw how they repented and allowed him to once again join the ranks of the weak minded and mudane civil chatters.
Well said, I think I'm the only one to win against Glitchless.
I was like a nerdy interwebz game lawyer for 3 days, and it paid off.

And I remember when Ravenskar created Jewsteen/Jewstein nickname for me. My real name is Justin.

And Mel if you added double or triple the amount of frames in your Sig it would be so much smoother, and sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer
He also won season 2 btw, welic d3 , u playing?
Not yet, I'm letting things cool down and straighten out, I'm not in a hurry to pwn that game yet, enjoying time with my daughter and such while I can.
You will be the first to know when I start.

And Gurnison, very well said, and correct. You've been around alot longer than .. anyone.

Last edited by Relic; 05-28-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #27
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic
Well said, I think I'm the only one to win against Glitchless.
I was like a nerdy interwebz game lawyer for 3 days, and it paid off.
A number of people have been unbanned since then. It's the cool thing to do.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #28
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64
A number of people have been unbanned since then. It's the cool thing to do.
Was Sexyy 'unleashed' or 'released' back into civil to punish us? Can't remember which it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #29
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduir
Was Sexyy 'unleashed' or 'released' back into civil to punish us? Can't remember which it was.
I liked her

Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #30
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot64
I liked her
She helped me keel mosslands boss for the first time. She was probly skelly level at the time and boss-running her alt Neryy (something like that).

Quote:
You won't be warned again.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #31
Boss Hunter

Am I the only one that doesn't remember Srci with anything but fondness? I thought he was great for a while, til he straight up lied about stuff to me and screwed me over. Ravenskar was one of the others who started out cool, then started lying and became a total dickhead.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #32
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

i remember when archers were considered OP

i remember when STR was nerfed because DWers were too OP and hitting for 500s at low levels

i remember when chat was a battleground between wpack and rage and then chaos

i remember when there were no antidaze gems and ppl killed themselves all the time

i remember when there were runes in beta... dont remember what they did they were retarded

i remember in beta having all gem pouch slots and attempting to use a caster was nearly impossible

i remember tcs at 20k

i remember when getting dragons will was something only the most elite could do

i remember when forums were filled with hilarity

i remember forum ratings... those were fun

i remember when i was first uncivil squelch in game

i remember all my friends and now see their toons go to hell that were once awezum

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 05-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #33
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
i remember when archers were considered OP

i remember tcs at 20k

i remember when getting dragons will was something only the most elite could do

i remember when i was first uncivil squelch in game

i remember all my friends and now see their toons go to hell that were once awezum
Sad thing about the last one flipper is that most people dont care.

I got to be an archer because they were OP back then, and OMG 20K TC's? *gets time machine and flies back*

I also remember jeff telling jokes and talking to us mere mortals and not being in DND all the time

Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #34
Epic Scholar

mostly i remember when nod was really fun... due to the ppl playing it. it was great

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 05-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
Epic Scholar

i remember when mobs didnt enrage or beserk and you could kill a very black boss using your aura of thorns if you could live.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #36
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
i remember when mobs didnt enrage or beserk and you could kill a very black boss using your aura of thorns if you could live.
Only if you're a grand master Regenererererer.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #37
Rare Collector

Quote:
mostly i remember when nod was really fun... due to the ppl playing it. it was great
qft

Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #38
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

relic, if you are still in touch with ravenskar, could you tell him to log his old msn one of those days, had a lot of fun with him back in the day

Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #39
Crab Defiler

Remember when the forum didn't have a ''Remember when'' thread?

Quote:
They may have just gotten the squirts.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
Seer's BFF

i remember buying my 78 suit partially from just justneo partially from music including bowset (total cost 80tcs)

I remember 70k for r17 epic gems was a lot

I remember chaos and buying gems r7 flame call from zanthyr for 250k gold each

I remember when cap was 60 ( 2 days later it was 70 I think lol )

I remember epic could not be used without virts

I remember relic as an arrogant but awesomely good player

I remember sanlucifer as being the best in the game

I remember Justneo, Relic and Sanlucifer beating the 108 boss with just 1 ca (as pk's i think)

I remember 55k tcs

I remember a lot of the players that are gone now..

Now let me remember how well they played the game , come back and show us noobs how it is done.

Relic good to see you alive and kicking, i fully understand the need to be with your daughter as I have one myself as well , enjoy mate

Great topic