Java for Mac amazing caster buff
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Crab Defiler

Default Java for Mac amazing caster buff

When I play on my laptop (Intel Core2 MacBook), I experience a very interesting 1 second lag.
When I click on anything, it takes about one second for the command to be sent.
This allows me to have an incredible advantage when putting gems into play using cantrips. I'll try to best describe what I mean.

Assume that I have a cantrip already in play and a DoT already in the fresh draw slot. I can click on the cantrip and quickly grab the DoT before it is replaced by a new gem drawn. I can then put the DoT into play and have another gem drawn and ready to go into play. Effectively the lag has allowed me to get two immediate gem draws from one cantrip.

There is a short amount of time from when the gem in the fresh draw slot is replaced to when you are allowed to place it into play. This is a great feature when playing on a slow internet connection (the game's almost unplayable without it). There has to be a way to make the game behave better on Macs without removing that!

BTW, a recent update to the coding of the game has mad play on the mac system much more enjoyable. Thanks for that

Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
Crab Defiler

Here is a short video demonstrating what I mean.

I just watched it and wow... it got sped up nice and quick. Sorry. I'll try to get a better one up later, but I got to go to work.

Last edited by sSmartaSs; 05-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: old broken link

Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Crab Defiler

I'm running OSX 10.5.8 and I experience the issue even when I restart and then only load one instance of Nod with nothing else running (except for all the System shtuff)

Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx
...Perhaps you need to clean the interweb tubes between nod and your house...
Can I do this with a normal dryer duct lint cleaner or plumbing snake?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
Temporarily Suspended

I have reported this before when glitch first implemented the auto-attack patch if a disconnect were to occur.

I was on Sat net and due to the time it took to contact the nod server and return to my pc it would cause a delay. most times i could town walk and not even click auto attack because it would do it for me....which was adjusted slighty due to that.

There really is no exploit though. Because your ingame actions lag chances are if you were to face a team in arena you could appear to be at 50% hp when in reality the update from the server hasn't reached you and you're at 40%. When you click gems it takes a moment longer to actually cast and to switch your target, and a misclick may cause even more of a delay on your next action.

Even with a solid connection you can still manage this though....a lot harder to pull off especially as a caster due to their draw speeds.

Short answer....it's just your connection. If you have a generally fast connection with everything else run a tracert and check the ms. Anything over 150 is bad and may give you an idea of where you are experience the issue

Old 05-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Crab Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by concede
...Short answer....it's just your connection. If you have a generally fast connection with everything else run a tracert and check the ms. Anything over 150 is bad and may give you an idea of where you are experience the issue
I get around 35 to 75ms average ping with spikes of up 200
...but...
I'm only human. I cannot grab a gem and drag up into play in 35 ms. It's not connection or spike dependent. Short of reformatting and reloading the OS, I don't know what to do (and I'm not going to do that). I guess I just stop complaining and take advantage of a unique bug. Although, you are right about it making MANY other PVP aspects MUCH harder to respond to.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Temporarily Suspended

are you doing a windows os partition on your mac?

if not what browser is being used and what do you generally use that browser for? A plugin could be impacting it or clearing and setting cache to 0mb and clearing cookies may help since there was a resent update to nod

Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Crab Defiler

I do not use boot camp for Nod. Safari is the only browser I have that supports Java for Mac. (Keep in mind that this a version of Java written and published by Apple. Not any 3rd party and not Sun or Oracle.) Every time I close the browser it resets everything. Cookies/caches/etc.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Seer's BFF

btw human reaction time if slightly trained is 0.25 secs or 250 milisecs, if trained you can get it to 50 milisecs (I am talking bout F1 drivers and pilots of fighterplanes)

Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
Epic Scholar

i have an iMac... use bootcamp...and play Nod on windows side w/ Chrome Canary.... almost nil delay times....mac side....put this way...havnt tried in awhile but w/ safari.... bad delays....esplly when getting pm's at same time as play...