Avoid Goblin Tax
Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Default Avoid Goblin Tax

A deathmatch can be used to avoid Goblin Tax for large transactions. If one player has a large quantity of gold and wants to trade it to another they can easily transfer it by using a deathmatch.

At the base Goblin Tax rate of 5% a player can save up to 50,000 gold per million by transferring via DM rather than trade. This may seem a little miniscule, but as amounts get larger it becomes a more viable option.

For example, if a player is taxed at 5% and trades 25m gold, they will be taxed 1.25m gold. If they simply transfer via DM/PKK, they are able to bypass the tax and simply boon their way back to where they were in a matter of a few days.

My suggested fix for this is to implement taxation on gold received via DM or PKK at the player's standard rate.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

For the record, I've had people offer to let me redeem off of them for as little as 2 tcs.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Epic Scholar

You know this is pretty much a rewording of Jewal's thread.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

Not really. I'm not concerned with SB items here, and I'm offering a foolproof fix.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
>.>
Auction Master

are you just trying to suggest anything for recognition now?

for the record you can also buy social items (say item A with sts cost of 50k) and trade to an alt and have them sell to the store for 50k and no tax :O O: :O exploit!!!!! 50 tc's plox

Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by >.>
are you just trying to suggest anything for recognition now?

for the record you can also buy social items (say item A with sts cost of 50k) and trade to an alt and have them sell to the store for 50k and no tax :O O: :O exploit!!!!! 50 tc's plox
so much for foolproof fix :s

Old 05-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

I don't see you doing anything to improve gameplay. Congrats, you found something I hadn't thought of. Oh, except for the fact that even selling for social you get taxed. Forgot about that, hey? So, off topic, would you rather I go back to strictly trolling? Seems to me you have to complain about whatever I post. Try the ignore feature. At least I'm trying.

Last edited by Roo; 05-18-2012 at 10:48 PM..

Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #8
Seer's BFF

Roo, if you'd read the other (somewhat sarcastic) suggestion, instead of going straight into Flame mode, you'd have seen it was just as much an exploit ...

Toon 1 has 1 million gold, they wish to transfer it to toon 2 without any goblin tax

Toon 1 buys items on AH that have been put up for social prices.
Toon 1 trades those items (for free) to toon 2
Toon 2 sells those items to store.

In fact, its MORE of an exploit than your PKK/DM one, because toon 1 gets social exp for all the items that they buy on AH, and toon 2 doesn't even need to be paid (unlike for a PKK/DM)

Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Roo
Temporarily Suspended

My point is that someone is paying Goblin Tax in there, be it Toon 1, Alt 1, or AH guy. Either way you're acknowledging it's exploitable. Besides, small scale social purchases take far more effort if you want to move larger quantities of gold.