Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports

bugged learn skills for walking and im sure others
Old 05-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Seer's BFF

Default bugged learn skills for walking and im sure others

Glitchless just a quick question here about a possible bug or at least a need to possibly consider readjusting some skills ...
are all learning skills worth leveling or is it just some or none?

so the senerio is we have 2 toons we will call them A and B both are same player lvl , both townwalk a skill together at the same time, skill that started out at 0 learned defense to be specific.

both toons have Accell n , TMn, All Virtz, both premium and both using same rank wise rune.... both also have Active accel at lvl 73

now for the differances: toon A has:
rush of knowledge @72
group acum @71
adv learn @72
perception @73
cultivation @65

while toon B has :
rush of Knowledge @44
group accum @69
adv learn @73
perception @70
cultivation @54

now i ask you which toon A or B should have reached lvl 57 learned defense first? thats right Toon A should have if these skills were really worth leveling but obviously there kinda a rip off because Toon B had the lead for a long time then toon A caught up and both hit 57 at the same time hmmmm???

so ya not really worth it to lvl some of these skills and who knows if any are truely worth it ... the bug here is please Glitchless if your going to give us skills to lvl to help us lvl other skills please have them at least make a differance and i know its not just these skills , there are others like resourcing that even when at 100 your chances of getting a T30 resource is about as likely as it getting dark in nod .

and i know what the defense to this is already going to be ... "well its the RNG (random number generator) well if thats the case maybe it needs some adjusting because going over half way through leveling a skill that RNG shoulda kicked in a bit to give some gain over someone with lesser skills at least .

so in conclusion i see some of these skills as well as many others in game as just something for us to do with no real gains to be gotten, like a shiny object to distract us from whats really going on sorta speak..so players like me lvl things till we learn just how disapointing they are then sit wondering if any skills really do anything

thanks for reading be eager to hear replies

Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

My guess is what you said, just the RNG. Your gain per town is the same on each toon, but one has a greater chance for a rush of knowledge. I think you'll find that if you take it to 100 on both toons, toon A will hit 100 first. It's the same as with trophies. In 20 fights you might get twice as many spirits as combats, but over 1000 fights you should end up with about the same number.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Seer's BFF

ya well i understand it with things such as trophies where you do it millions of times but townwalking should gain at a greater percent i think as you only do that a few times till you hit 100 i mean lvl 57 is over half way and yet player with lower skills got more xp then there skills dosnt really make sense imo

Old 05-19-2012, 04:02 AM   #4
Rat Slayer

Well for one only one of those skills has an affect on active learning which town walking is active, group acumen only affects stat skills, skills you get xp for while killing stuff, the rest only affect passive learning.

The only one that affects town walking is rush of knowledge, and that only affects the likelyhood of an xp rush, not that the xp will be any different, toon A and Toon B will get the same xp per town each time. only difference is toon A should be getting more rushes but rush chance, even with skills lvled is skill only like max 20% i think or summin like that and thats with 2 skills capped at 100.

Just unlucky with rushes on Toon A and lucky with them on Toon B to keep up.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Rare Collector

Skills that make a difference to tw exp: active accell, rush of knowledge, rollover cap, recruitment.

Other effectors: player lvl, virts

That's all folks!

Do you have angel wings when your blood runs dry; that make my tears incarnadine, when I start to cry? - Sigha