Multiple Characters - rules question(s).
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
Camli

Default Multiple Characters - rules question(s).

I've got a handful of characters, so I can play around with archery, and of course, so I can group with myself and kill bosses, haha.

However, in a lot of games, that sort of thing isn't allowed. As an example, in Kingdom of Loathing, you're allowed multiple accounts, but you can't use one character to farm items and money for another character.

So for what's allowed, and what's not, here's a few questions and/or scenarios.

Are we allowed to:

* Group our own alts together to go adventuring?
* Farm trophies and gold to give to our main characters, without compensating the farming character? (For example, i needed money on Character A, so I traded a Suiting 8 leg for full price to character B, instead of just giving the money away.)
* Trade gold back and forth between characters (losing some to the tax) to farm Social XP? (Probably allowable, since hey, that's why the gold tax exists.)
* Create new characters and drag them from boss to boss to farm loot?

Since this is the beta, and betas are for testing, are there differences in what will be allowed between now and release?

I'd just like to know what's allowed and what's not, since I've not seen a clearly defined set of rules aside from the legal-jargon-explains-nothing Terms of Service.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
Davina

This question has been answered. See the Game Changes and Patches section, old forum archives.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
Administrator

There won't be any "rules" about how many accounts you can have or how many you can play or the way you can play them. This is currently exploitable in the beta where everyone has a standard account by default, however, after release it will become apparent why this is not exploitable due to restrictions placed on free accounts that prevent them from diluting the game economy or being used to farm for other characters.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

you make it sound like those that pay get some awesome bonuses compared to the free accounts

Old 06-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #5
Camli

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor-warlord
you make it sound like those that pay get some awesome bonuses compared to the free accounts
That's the idea?