Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports

Another first-swing delay at the start of battle
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Rat Slayer

Default Another first-swing delay at the start of battle

I think I've found another bug relating to a delay in the initial swing when using weighted steel, but this one is a bit more specific than the previous.

I've found that when using a weighted steel aura, my initial hit is still delayed if I switch equipment sets right before combat. I guess I can see this making sense if the weighted steel aura is still active outside of combat and changing weapons initiates the delay of the weapon (that would have to be, otherwise people could exploit that by switching back and forth between huge damage weapons and tiny delay weapons during combat).

I think the bug part is that the delay is still present even if the next combat is started without the weighted steel aura active. I tested this several times and was able to duplicate the results regularly.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

Changing equipment sets before combat as in coming in and out of arena or you are manually changing your equipment set for things like resourcing in between fights. The first one I can see as a bug definetely, the second not so much just dont change your equipment sets in between fights.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Administrator

Everytime you manually swap equipment your swing delay is reset making you wait the entire swing duration before you can swing again. This prevents exploits with the swing timer.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Rat Slayer

I might not have explained what I was trying to say very well but it probably doesn't matter. I get that the timer resets, but the behavior of weighted steel aura was still present even when the aura wasn't active with respect to the delay alone.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Administrator

All auras persist for a short while after you leave combat.