Old 07-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxson
lavalands and ob swamp says no travel gear are required to travel to there when you would actually have to cross either N. Dread mountains or S. Dread mountains and they would require gear.
True, but this zone info (also found on the Nod Wiki under "Zones") talks about gear required to enter a single square of the specified zone from an adjacent square, regardless of how you got to that adjacent square. For example, if somebody were to be on a N. Dread square adjacent to a Lavalands square, then destroyed the climbing shoes, that person would still be able to enter Lavalands... but he wouldn't be able to walk back into N. Dread.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkypuppy
True, but this zone info (also found on the Nod Wiki under "Zones") talks about gear required to enter a single square of the specified zone from an adjacent square, regardless of how you got to that adjacent square. For example, if somebody were to be on a N. Dread square adjacent to a Lavalands square, then destroyed the climbing shoes, that person would still be able to enter Lavalands... but he wouldn't be able to walk back into N. Dread.
now what if you were ON N dread and destroyed the climbing shoes?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #23
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxson
now what if you were ON N dread and destroyed the climbing shoes?
That's what I am referring to in my previous post... if you were ON a N. Dread square, and then destroyed the climbing shoes, you could still walk onto an adjacent Lavalands square. If you were on a N. Dread square that was only surrounded by N. Dread (or S. Dread or anywhere else that required the climbing shoes) squares, you couldn't walk anywhere. You'd have to gate out or die.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkypuppy
That's what I am referring to in my previous post... if you were ON a N. Dread square, and then destroyed the climbing shoes, you could still walk onto an adjacent Lavalands square. If you were on a N. Dread square that was only surrounded by N. Dread (or S. Dread or anywhere else that required the climbing shoes) squares, you couldn't walk anywhere. You'd have to gate out or die.
:O

Old 08-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
Crab Defiler

bump.
/tacos