Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Legendary Armors and Shields
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Legendary Armors and Shields

In addition to the 4 legendary armor sets that can be purchased in remote town stores, there are 11 slightly more powerful and far more unique sets. Acquiring these more powerful legendaries requires the skills of crafters, resourcers, and heroic fighters. You do not have to be expert in all these areas to acquire these items if you are willing to pay for the services of those who are.

Quick Guide for Noncrafters:
Buy from another player or off the auction house an essence of armor or essence of shielding associated with the legendary set you want. Granted you will not likely know what set you want until other players start posting their findings, lets say you like the sound of the Hellram set and want a Hellram Chestpiece. You would need to buy a Hellram Armor Essence, have a legendary chestpiece from any other set (bought in distant town stores), and 100 heroic essences (bought from other players, dropped by heroic mobs). You can then combine these 3 items without any skills with an enchanting rod (in this order) to create your Hellram's Chest. Note that the produced piece will retain the tier value of the existing legendary you used to create it.

The following info is for crafters:
First an epic dust of the highest tier must be combined using the enchanting rod (use first slot for dust) with a specific resource of the highest tier. Using cloth will require extreme armorcrafting and create a random armor essence and using scale will create a random shield essence and require extreme woodworking. When legendaries of other types are introduced more resources and crafting/artistry skills will be required - all will eventually be used except enchanting.

There will be 11 types of each of these essences corresponding to a particular legendary set. These essences can be traded freely among players as a means to obtain pieces of a specific legendary set. For instance you may have randomly created a Hellram Armor Essence which you can then sell for a premium to someone who wanted a piece of Hellram armor.

More Info
Heroic essences will have a chance to drop off of heroic creatures of all level, but the lower level creatures will have a far lower chance of these drops. They can be freely traded.

Just like the store bought legendaries, the ones created in this fashion can be uptiered by combining two like pieces with the enchanting rod. Similarly they can also be used to morph into different legendary sets using the same process that created them. Tiers and tempers are never lost during this morphing process, however, enchantments will be. Both enchantments and tempers are lost when uptiering.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

ok you have mentioned combining a cloth and a dust, and a scale and a dust.

what about the other resources?? geodes, ingots, planks, dyes etc etc??

and when you say extreme, how extreme are we talking?? in relation to geode, i currently have access to a level 116 skill in it. is that extreme enough??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Tell that to the crybaby archers
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Seer's BFF

Quote:
First an epic dust of the highest tier must be combined using the enchanting rod (use first slot for dust) with a specific resource of the highest tier. Using cloth will require extreme clothworking and create a random armor essence and using scale will create a random shield essence and require extreme woodworking. When legendaries of other types are introduced more resources and crafting/artistry skills will be required - all will eventually be used except enchanting.
Smash...last couple sentences..."all will eventually be used," my guess is meaning:

t30 plank - legendary staff
t30 ingot/leather/bone - legendary slash/pierce/crush
t30 sinew - legendary whip
t30 oil - legendary gems
t30 thread - legendary bow
t30 berry - legendary arrow
t30 hide - legendary quiver
etc...

and of course:
t30 cloth - armor
t30 scale - shield

Last edited by StormGuardian; 04-12-2011 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: Glitch said in civil that wood(assuming planks) was for staves...so changed a couple pairings

Old 04-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Quote:
In addition to the 4 legendary armor sets that can be purchased in remote town stores, there are 11 slightly more powerful and far more unique sets. Acquiring these more powerful legendaries requires the skills of crafters, resourcers, and heroic fighters. You do not have to be expert in all these areas to acquire these items if you are willing to pay for the services of those who are.

There will be 11 types of each of these essences corresponding to a particular legendary set. These essences can be traded freely among players as a means to obtain pieces of a specific legendary set. For instance you may have randomly created a Hellram Armor Essence which you can then sell for a premium to someone who wanted a piece of Hellram armor.
there are 11 more powerful 1s that will be released, and 11 essences that go to a particular set. hence my question

Quote:
However you want to spin it, buddy. This patch was specifically designed to somehow screw you over.

Quote:
Quote:
We are well aware of the over-dramatic reactions to game changes in an effort to skew perception. It doesn't work, just makes them look like cry babies.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Using cloth will require extreme clothworking and create a random armor essence and using scale will create a random shield essence
Smashy, learn to read...cloth makes random armour essence...meaning any of the 11 sets(perhaps even all 15?) and that is used with a pre-existing epic of the correct piece(arm/leg/bp/helm) to make the one you want.

other resource types will most likely be used with other types of legendaries, just not armor/shields

Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
Seer's BFF

excitement overwhelms the young smashy's ability to calm down and read it

Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

I have to sacrifice a legendary bought from a store and 100 heroic things and 1 armor or shield essense ? and on a note :

Note that the produced piece will retain the tier value of the existing legendary you used to create it.

hmmmmm

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormGuardian
Smashy, learn to read...cloth makes random armour essence...meaning any of the 11 sets(perhaps even all 15?) and that is used with a pre-existing epic of the correct piece(arm/leg/bp/helm) to make the one you want.

other resource types will most likely be used with other types of legendaries, just not armor/shields
you know that random armor can mean bp, legs, arms or helm right??

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

So there's no way to get any sort of legendary without first buying one from the store?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
Administrator

Storm is correct, the randomness determines the set, the resource determines the type of essence. That is why so few resources are currently usable becaues only shields and armors are available.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Epic Scholar

thank you for clarrifying

and yes stormy, thats why i asked glitch :P

any idea on when legendary weapons will get here?? i ask simply cause there is no point in buying a 99 epic piercer if i can get a legendary piercer :P

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
Administrator

It'll be a long time. Get the piercer. At the very least you can dismantle it later for the dust needed to create the better legendary.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashbros
thank you for clarrifying

and yes stormy, thats why i asked glitch :P

any idea on when legendary weapons will get here?? i ask simply cause there is no point in buying a 99 epic piercer if i can get a legendary piercer :P
As soon as you get the piercer.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Epic Scholar

Quote:
It'll be a long time. Get the piercer. At the very least you can dismantle it later for the dust needed to create the better legendary.
<3

and lol san thats what i was afraid :P

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #15
Seer's BFF

Well, I was just re-emphasizing...I thought it was pretty obvious....most things that Glitch says/does are...even the ones that ppl think can be read more than 1 way. Oh well, I guess I just think like Glitch does sometimes :\

So, to clear up what Smash was asking about, and for others who don't get it:

Each armor SET has ONE essence to it. You simply pick helm/bp/arm/leg and from that you get helm/bp/arm/leg.

The type of resource you use, will determine what type of legendary essence you get...in this case...cloth is armor. Cloth +t30 dust will get you one of 11 random legendary armor essences(possibly all 15?)..NOT a specific arm legendary essence

Other resources will be used for different types of legendaries...as scales will be a random legendary shield essence.

Last edited by StormGuardian; 04-08-2011 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Making it less convoluted and easier to understand for the feeble minded

Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
Epic Scholar

awesome, love the system

Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Auction Master

Looks good

Since it looks there will be more resources/tools added to the auction house, it may be a good time to separate them into their categories for ease of access. Dyes, Berries, Ingots, Ores, etc Instead of just Tradeskill Resources.

Beet Da Brat

Last edited by beetdabrat; 04-08-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
danaarlan

so do we get legendary armour as drops as well as the whole craftable business?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetdabrat
Looks good

Since it looks there will be more resources/tools added to the auction house, it may be a good time to separate them into their categories for ease of access. Dyes, Berries, Ingots, Ores, etc Instead of just Tradeskill Resources.

Beet Da Brat

This is a good idea

Old 04-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Epic Scholar

ok a few more questions :P

1) Will you be able to uptier armor besides buying a duplicate copy of it, and doing it that way?? like using the heroic essence with a certain amount to uptier 1 piece??

2) will there be dif amounts of tier 30 resources required to make the essence of hellram for example?? like i need 5 tier 30 cloths, and 5 tier 30 dust to make 1 essence?? or is it simply 1 cloth and 1 dust??

3) i assume that when you create the new piece it stays SB?? if i turn my Regulus legging into a Hellram i know the pre req, and legging bonus and stats change, but will it stay SB?? or will it be unSB so i can sell on ah?? and will my tempers/enchants stay on it??

Quote:

Quote:
Quote: