Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
Solitruno

Sucking up to the parents with good grades is another approach :P

Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #22
Gallager

Hehe, nice.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
Olivia

If I buy a Standard account, I would be able to buy some virtues and equip some epics. Once I do this, and the 16 weeks of Standard run out, what happens to my virtues and epics (assuming I don't renew the account/buy a timecard, and go back to being an "N" account)?
I've searched through the forums here, and have not found any kind of answer.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #24
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

After the time runs out you still have your virtues and epics... I believe as an N you can still buy virtues for your epics without having an account..

The HUGE advantages of having a standard or premium account:

More gem slots in battle
More Inventory Slots
Your face in chat so everyone won't tell you to stfu immediately (depending on what you say)
The ability to trade and sell stuff on Auctions
You're instantly cool in my eyes

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #25
Olivia

Thanks very much flipynifty! I know all about those other advantages to getting a Standard account, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't get screwed out of my epics and virtues should the account run out!

Ns
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Darcelle

Default Ns

I am two days old, indeed, but I have an extended experience in online gaming. In here, I watched the chat and noticed how bad the Ns are treated. Now I see a similar comment in here, which is not very encouraging to continue to play. It seems that an important thing is ignored, and this is that you become a donator from being an N if you feel that the game is worth being supported, but when you are treated like trash, you don't really feel like becoming a serious part of it. And yeah, it is the first game where I see such treatment for the Ns.

Another issue is that all the ideas given here are not referring to countries where the monthly wage is $500 a month, and for which the $20 for membership is quite an effort. Of course, you might as well say that you don't want users from those countries, but then this is discriminatory.

And the last issue - and I stop here - is that no matter how much I searched, I could not find a link to the donation page. And since the game is addressing mostly to the paying members, wouldn't it be a good idea to have that as visible as possible?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #27
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcelle
I am two days old, indeed, but I have an extended experience in online gaming. In here, I watched the chat and noticed how bad the Ns are treated. Now I see a similar comment in here, which is not very encouraging to continue to play. It seems that an important thing is ignored, and this is that you become a donator from being an N if you feel that the game is worth being supported, but when you are treated like trash, you don't really feel like becoming a serious part of it. And yeah, it is the first game where I see such treatment for the Ns.
If you have played more online games, you should know how people behave on the internet. You should also know that there are morons in every layer of the society. On top of that you should know that generalizing things based on what a few morons yell is a bad thing to do.

Quote:
Another issue is that all the ideas given here are not referring to countries where the monthly wage is $500 a month, and for which the $20 for membership is quite an effort. Of course, you might as well say that you don't want users from those countries, but then this is discriminatory.
I see this topic more as humor than as reality. And even if the discrimination you refer to would be made undone, it would be still discriminatory towards the guy sitting in his tree in the jungle of congo.

Btw, i feel discriminated too as nodiatis is not available in my native language.

Quote:
And the last issue - and I stop here - is that no matter how much I searched, I could not find a link to the donation page. And since the game is addressing mostly to the paying members, wouldn't it be a good idea to have that as visible as possible?
See it now? The dollar sign

Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #28
Darcelle

Default ...

Yeah, I am playing online games for about 7 years. I was and am a manager in some, so yes, I do know a few things about people's behavior online. So, based on this experience, and by comparison, I still say that it is the first game where I have seen non-paying players treated like in here.

As for the discriminatory part and your reference to the tree guy in Congo, I find it completely rude.

As for the $ sign, if you call that visible, then I am blind, and I DO apologize for that.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #29
Auction Master

lol, you see this is why i didnt talk till i was lvl 5 and new what was going on.... its cuz of the N;s that do this the whole time: "mnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmmnnnnndsaaa" etc....

some N's ask stupid questions like:"what do i do with ____(insert anything there)"
"how do i make gold faster than killing things" etc...

im all for not being bad against Ns but you get retards in every batch, then you get nice ones too and then those who play the game but never speak

Old 03-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #30
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Yeah, I am playing online games for about 7 years. I was and am a manager in some, so yes, I do know a few things about people's behavior online. So, based on this experience, and by comparison, I still say that it is the first game where I have seen non-paying players treated like in here.

As for the discriminatory part and your reference to the tree guy in Congo, I find it completely rude.

As for the $ sign, if you call that visible, then I am blind, and I DO apologize for that.
1. Maybe it's the nature of nodiatis (the way to register, the chat, the game, w/e) that a bunch of new players just like to spam retarded crap, just for the fun to spam. And they have usually not played the game at all, so they are displayed as an N in the chat. But the whole idea to make a distinction between N's and 'face's' is pretty dumb anyway. Judge the player, not his paid/non paid status. It's a coincidence, but I do play rpg's as well, and Nodiatis has one of the most newbie friendly communities around. There is really great help on the forum, many players who take the time to help out newbies, etc ... hell there is even an initiative from the players to turn N's into paid players, at no cost (do a search for N adoption). So i totally disagree with that.

2. I happen to have a few guys in a tree in my family. And it's nothing but the truth. If the 'middle' category feels discrimination towards the 'rich' countries, then that works as well for most african countriestowards the 'middle rich' ones. Bottomline is, 90% of the world population will feel discriminated according to that logic.

3. I find that pretty visible, and above all neutral and not disturbing. I prefer this approach over a red flashing dollar sign

Old 03-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #31
Rat Slayer

I live in Michigan... At 10 cents a can for pop and beer cans, it is easy to find enough to pay for the game. LOL

Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #32
Drugar

there is an arrow that points to the $ just about every time you try to do something that requires an account..

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #33
ParadigmShift

well, this is a free game, the only way to sustain is thru some money aids , thats from us of course when people paid money, they do feel appreciate and they enjoy some benefits.

Those people that treat those statndard accounts or whatever, because they are jealous, they wouldn't do the same if there are standards too.

My, my 2 cents, i am just a new comer, speaking.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #34
Boss Hunter

hmmmm (24)

Old 08-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #35
farq

so any1 have a idea HOW when no resselers ? no free ofers in country ... NOTHING ..... ********* middle of nowhere ....

Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #36
Emperor006

What the hell are you talking about?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #37
sherman

I am guessing he is complaining about resellers in the game, there are no stores that offer game cards or whatever, and that he lives in the middle of nowhere.

Proven method- Ask for a "Loan"
Old 09-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #38
Boss Hunter

Default Proven method- Ask for a "Loan"

Sorry this ended up being so long, but it is definately worth the time to read!

After only a few days of playing Nodiatis, go to the forum and ask people to donate a Time Card and/or money to buy trade skill tools.
Just make sure you say "I'm not begging" multiple times in the request, so people know that "asking for a loan" (as a new player) isn't begging.
Don't worry about the stupid definition for "beg", it doesn't apply to you 'cause you don't want it to.

Tips for starting a thread and effectively begging for a "loan":
1. Explain how much you love the game after only a few days. (shows enthusiasm for the game)

2. State that you know this is the fastest way to get what you want, but you "really enjoy the game". (Small display of guilt- indicates honesty)

3. Say that you gave up something really, really important to you just to play Nodiatis. (Doesn't have to be true, but it shows dedication) After all, just because you don't want to pay $15 a month for a different game anymore, doesn't mean you should be expected to fork out $5 a month for this game…

4. Make sure you state that Nodiatis is better than anything else you have played. This encourages other players to believe that you intend to stick around for a long time, and will definitely "pay back the loans".
This is very important since the "I want it now!... Give it to me faster!" mentality associated with today's youth is very common, and usually ignored.

Here is a pretty decent example of what you could say:
Quote:
i am actually very very new, i am lvl 6 and have been playing for about 3 days or so, but i really enjoy the game, and i know this is the fastest way to get a tc, is to get support by higher lvls. i gave up a lvl 105 runescape account for this game, it's that much better.

5. At the first opportunity, state that something traumatic has happened in your life, like the loss of a loved one, or that a family member is in jail. (human compassion exploit)

6. Make sure you start a second thread to praise the donators from the original "loan" thread. (shows piety and humanity) This is also very important, since your goal is to use a natural human nature response to convince everyone else that you are a "worthy cause".
If you also list what each person donated, then others will also be inclined to "make the list" and have their name shown for all to see. (uses human competitiveness against themselves)

And finally,
7. Don't let anyone disagree with your opinion in a discussion thread, and tell them to stop posting. If they don't agree with you, they are just being mean anyway... (shows weakness if your opinion is challenged)

So, there you have it- A proven method as a new player to get free Time Cards and money. Why don't you just…

give it a try

Last edited by Tai`Lauranna; 09-05-2009 at 03:54 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #39
Auction Master

Tai, whats your problem with giveitatry?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #40
Deviousgrim

where does one go to upgrade a account? Saw nothing at login screen or homepage at Nodiatus