Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #41
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Do you have any tips on how to finish a clan war?

Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #42
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
Do you have any tips on how to finish a clan war?
Deplete the opposing clans Rune Power.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #43
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic
Deplete the opposing clans Rune Power.
Or just sell out..even if it ain't yer clan

Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #44
Temporarily Suspended

Arrow

Edits
removed tip11, it was useless.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #45
Epic Scholar

Make sure that you never leave your main clan if you have joined other clans that month. The max number of clan invites you can accept per month is 3. If for one or another reason you get clanless, you won't be able to join another clan till the last day of the month, and thus having no access to runes; which will decrease your killing speed drastically.

(in my case: i merc'ed a bit around earlier this month, kicked zenga with an alt from fuma to test if and officer could kick another officer, since i already accepted 3 invites i'm thus clanless till september 30th)

Old 09-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #46
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
Make sure that you never leave your main clan if you have joined other clans that month. The max number of clan invites you can accept per month is 3. If for one or another reason you get clanless, you won't be able to join another clan till the last day of the month, and thus having no access to runes; which will decrease your killing speed drastically.
(In my case: i merc'ed a bit around earlier this month, kicked Zenga with an alt from Fuma to test if and officer could kick another officer, since i already accepted 3 invites I'm thus clanless till September 30th)
Excellent tip, A LOT of people didn't know this, and have had to pay the rather severe price. Adding this to the main list, thank you for the contribution Zenga.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #47
Epic Scholar

well i just realized that on my zenga char i got 2x random invites i accidentally accepted, so the noobs are to be blamed

Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #48
Seer's BFF

Jeff is my hero!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #49
Temporarily Suspended

Edits, added.
*reserved* More on the way.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #50
IHazVag<3

Relic is my hero YAAY <3

Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #51
Temporarily Suspended

Upcoming
Added Tip13

Last edited by Relic; 09-20-2009 at 12:03 AM..

Old 09-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #52
Seer's BFF

This is a slightly complex tip - feel free to edit or whatever if adding it to tips page Relic.

When out of RT, you can still get full adventuring exp for the first town visited. After that however, it drops to the 1/6 rate. However, if the trail area is all greys, there is a 'cheat' to get full exp.

Imagine a level 21 char, based in T4. When out of RT, he runs down to T2, gets full exp. Now turns around, and heads back for T4, but stops ONE space short of town. After the reboot, he takes one step, loses no RT, and gets full exp for the trip.

Please note : if the trail isn't all greys, then this is pointless, as you would have to let trophies decay.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:04 AM   #53
Temporarily Suspended

Can't see adding to that to the main list, it's so much work and effort for such small effect, maybe next time.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic
NEW~13- When dueling Archery classes, never use any meaningless DDs or Cantrips, this will activate the skill "Vengefull Shot" and you will quickly find yourself defeated.

Thats screwed up helping others keel me

Old 09-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #55
Rare Collector

I guess I can do the same though. The gem archers fear is the Daze gem. If you get an archer with a daze gem you take away from there DPS for that shot and add alot to your dps. I am a level 49 archer and I can get a shot off for 550+ damage. Archers dont normally have much hp so this will really turn the affects of the duel

Old 10-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #56
Rare Collector

Archers it is the worst, we show our damage, and warriors can handle being hit for 100-200 damage, we hurt bac after we shoot ourselves for 300-1500 damage

Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #57
Auction Master

good thing with high delay bows: with 4,8 secs a shot, you have a chance of shooting, daze, then you dont shoot yourself, daze goes away and you shoot the mob (only works if you shoot then directly after you are dazed)

Old 10-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #58
Rare Collector

yeah, but if you have daze gems you can also time the cast

Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #59
Beylok

Hey Relic, great guide. I hate to be a stickler, but there are a couple of things that are off.

Quote:
1- Once you're above level 50, you can sacrafice 25 trophys at a time.
Kill mobs in sessions, and hoard all your trophys from that session into your storage. Sacrafice them all at once in increments of exactly 25 stacks. (Get your item stacking to 20, 45, or 70, in order to achieve stacks of 25, 50, or 75) This prevents from sacraficing partial stacks, which is a waste of EXP when you get an EXP rush. You'll get much more exp/skills much faster using this method.
Never take the risk of gaining an EXP rush on a partial stack. Do Not neglect/underestimate your learning skill, Rush of Knowledge.
Sorry, but this is not true at all. Statistically, you are just as well off sacrificing 1 trophy at a time as 10 or 25. There is nothing I've read that says "the larger the stack, the higher the chance of an xp rush". If you have an uneven stack and get a rush, it isnt a waste that it was not a full stack. You have the same xp rush % chance nomatter what, so in the long run it really does not matter. Others can weigh in if you disagree, but I'm 95% sure I'm right on this one.

Quote:
3- If you're finding it hard to pick which skills to level first, and you're a melee or beast master type character, Crit Strike, and Double Attack will show the most increase in DPS.
I've got to disagree here as well.

CRIT (0.125% - 0.25% dmg increase per point)
This skill gives .25% chance to crit, even if you have 100 overcrit, only increases your overall damage by 0.25% per level. That actual % damage increase is between 0.125 and 0.25% per level depending on overcrit, and for most it would be less than 0.2% per point. -this skill effects hemmorage, but no other procs-

DOUBLE ATTACK (0.2% dmg increase per point)
Since a triggered double attack will effect procs, hemmorage, and slice/puncture/slash. It represents a 0.2% flat increase per point to your overall DPS, which is very good. I would consider it stronger than Crit, especially because it does not rely on Overcrit for its damage.

SPEC SKILLS (0.2% - 0.4% dmg increase per point)
The beauty of the spec skills is that there is no variance. Your damage goes up and you dont need an effect to trigger for it to work. The only difference is that it does not effect slice/puncture/slash, or weapon procs. Hemmorage is effected.

DUAL WIELD (0.25% dmg increase per point)
Dual wield is the most DPS effective skill for a DW player. The 0.5% speed increase in the description actually increases your overall attack speed by 0.25%, which is an across the board DPS increase. It effects crits AND all other procs, and effectively multiplies their power to even further increase your DPS. It is easily the most efficient skill you can increase, aside from Pierce Spec for piercers, which is slightly ahead.

So my ranking of power for these skills are:

Dual Wield
Specs
Double Attack
Crit

Hemmorage and Slice/Puncture/Smash are all nice as well, but should not effect the overall DPS as strongly as the 4 skills I wrote about.

Let me know if this seems accurate

Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #60
Temporarily Suspended

You completely misunderstand the tip about sacrificing trophy's, you're the second person to do this. It is vividly explained in much detail, I don't understand how you guys keep mistaking this. It is correct, i can assure you this. I will not take my time to this again, I apologize.

For your second comment, I did not use any mathematical data from skills, I only made an alt and leveled certain melee skills to 20, one at a time, also with a lot of untraining involved (while time testing all kills) and those 2 skills have been shown to kill mobs in the shortest amount of time (same color, same equip, no pets), regardless of what the skill data proclaims, that's what the kill speed data shows.
I do not post tips that I have not proven and/or tested myself.
Thank you for your interest and mathematical data though,
and, for paying attention.

Edit: I will add to your first comment, with the correct meaning as soon as I get time, I hate to leave you hanging like that Beylok.