Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #21
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic
Anybody think of any good tips that I'm missing?
Search the forums a bit more i would say

Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #22
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
Search the forums a bit more i would say
I seriously doubt these forums hold any experienced tips.
Maybe you could go search them and find out?

In the meantime I will be adding more of my tips.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #23
Temporarily Suspended

Added Tips 8 & 9.
More to come.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #24
Faristha

Relic awesome tips. Thanks a lot for making the time and the effort, it will help a lot. And yup, since you did put them down (probably while killing yellow/oranges) you should copyright them and make them really yours!

Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #25
Epic Scholar

Tip 8 note: if the opponent has the aura of thorns & reflect up, then a very fast weapon doesn't seems to be the best choice

Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #26
Temporarily Suspended

Zengas right,
Though it seems very few people use the Thorns/Reflect auras (With maxed Palaside/sharedBliss) good tip Zenga.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #27
IHazVag<3

Thank you for these tips Relic and friends.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #28
Temporarily Suspended

*Reserved*
Adding more tips

Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #29
Gem Pouch Expert

1) It doesn't matter how big the stack is or the "level" of the trophies. It all works out the same. With a stack of 20 you get a rush twice as large as a stack of 10. With 2 stacks of 10 each, you get half as big a rush but it happens twice as often. The last time I checked 1*20=2*10

People who spend more on "high level" trophies in AH are just wasting their money. A million experience is a million experience and it doesn't matter if it's all in one stack or 1000 stacks.

2) This is something I've been curious about. Can a deflected gem be resisted? Gear based procs can't be resisted, but DS deflects a gem, so I assume it can be resisted. If so, then the value of deflection shield would depend on your cnc and it would be almost worthless if you have no cnc.

4) But low level mobs die too fast and there's not enough time to do other stuff without constantly jumping back to nod. If I walk across the hall to take a crap, I don't want to run back mid-pinch to start a new fight.

And you forgot to mention PLUNDERFIEND!!!!!

5) #4 and #5 contradict each other imo.

6) How could anyone possibly optimise every second of play like that without going nuts??!! If I lose a few seconds, or even a few minutes, who cares? Of course I don't eat TCs and my RRT hasn't been below about 5-6 hours in at least 3-4 months. It's not a freaking FPS where every split second counts.

7) Agree, but within reason. I have no idea what the best leveling rate is, but it should be based on how easy you can kill mobs. If important skills/gear are at your level or above, and purple+ mobs are easy to kill with no healing time, then it might be time to move to the next zone. If important skills/gear fall below your level and white-yellow mobs are hard to solo, then maybe you're leveling too fast.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
richp

the only way sacraficing a larger stack of trophies is a benefit is if you are putting them toward a skill over ur char level.

for example ur lvl 10 and have lvl 1 slashing. u put a stack of 25 combats and get x amount of exp toward slashing. its the same exp with 5 stacks of 5 combats as long as you dont go over level 10 in slashing at any point.

in the same example above except you start with lvl 11 slashing...

You sacrafice a stack of 25 and gain x amount of exp. that exp is at the lvl 11 penalty no matter how many much X you gain in that one stack.

if you sacrafice 5 stacks of 5 one at a time and say after the 2nd stack you get to lvl 12 slashing now the 3rd stack is getting penalized more due to it being +2 lvls above in slashing. After the 4th stack you get lvl 13 slashing now you get penalized even more.

lvl 11 slashing
- stack of 25 at a time = 100000 exp total
- stack of 5 one at a time = stack 1 (20000) stack 2 (20000) lvl 12 slashing stack 3 (15000) stack 4 (15000) lvl 13 slashing (10000) = 60000 exp total

hope that didnt confuse anyone lol

Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #31
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via AIM to sierracoop

Quote:
Jealous?
maybe just a little

Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #32
sherman

Actually, with skills above your level, it would be better to do trophies 1 at a time.

You lose a percentage of your experience that you would normally gain right? Well at higher amounts, that percentage takes more and more exp away. In that light, it would be better to do 1 at a time.

When you transfer gold, wouldn't it be better to do 100 or 1k at a time instead of doing 100k all at once? Time consuming yes, but you lose less in the long run.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #33
Tapobu

the trophy difference is so slight that it doesn't even come close to balancing the gain from a 25-trophy rush. and it's always better to do pile saccing when you're close to a level, so you can get as much into the next level as you can with less-penalized exp.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #34
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurnison
1) It doesn't matter how big the stack is or the "level" of the trophies. It all works out the same. With a stack of 20 you get a rush twice as large as a stack of 10. With 2 stacks of 10 each, you get half as big a rush but it happens twice as often. The last time I checked 1*20=2*10
Gurnison, with all due respect. You have missed the logic of Tip1.
As well as missing the point entirely.

The point was:
If you sacrifice your trophys as soon as you become encumbered
And do not collect them into all full stacks divisible by 25, you will find yourself sacrificing stacks of 7, 10, 1, 4..etc,etc. All these wasted EXP rushes on small stacks is easily preventable, and can be used in a much more effecient manor.

Hoarding all your trophys until your ready to log out, or are finished playing for the day, then finally sacrificing all your full stacks ensures that every possible chance of getting an EXP rush is on a FULL STACK. Therefore making you gain EXP & activated skills faster and more effectively.

Before I begun using this method I was averaging 42mil exp per day.
After using this method my averaged overall EXP gains per day, are 58mil.

Quote:
2) This is something I've been curious about. Can a deflected gem be resisted? Gear based procs can't be resisted, but DS deflects a gem, so I assume it can be resisted. If so, then the value of deflection shield would depend on your cnc and it would be almost worthless if you have no cnc.
They can be resisted I have seen it myself, but it seems to be a very small chance of being resisted. Being as it happens almost never.
Quote:
4) But low level mobs die too fast and there's not enough time to do other stuff without constantly jumping back to nod. If I walk across the hall to take a crap, I don't want to run back mid-pinch to start a new fight.
This was based on pure mathematical analysis and rigorous testing. I didn't happen to include your potty time.

Last edited by Relic; 09-15-2009 at 11:04 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #35
Gem Pouch Expert

I could add a few...

Invest some time in a resourcefulness skill, and possibly the artistry skill the accompanies it as well. You can make a significant amount of gold on the AH.

Never dismantle an item unless you want the recipe (or the dusts if it is an epic). The resins that are produced by dismantling are only worth about 90% of the store resell value, so you would be better off selling the item and buying resins on your own if you plan to craft trophies w/ the resins

20x, 24x, and 28x Pure Spun Pine Resins from T4, 10, or 16 result in 100% Combat trophies. 4x Venemous Resins from T5, 11, 17 work as well, but actually short you about 1600 exp, so go w/ PSP resins if you're dead set on crafting combats

Sell trophies. I have financed 3 accts, with accel for each and Std. accounts for about a year from just selling trophies and buying TCs with the gold. They all have more than 10 virts as well. You don't have to be rich to have nice things

Download my item listing if you're trying to figure out where something is sold. It can be found at Http://www.tinyurl.com/noditemlist

Enjoy Yourself!!! This is the most improtant tip of all, because if you're not having fun, why are you here?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #36
Temporarily Suspended

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrism
I could add a few...

Invest some time in a resourcefulness skill, and possibly the artistry skill the accompanies it as well. You can make a significant amount of gold on the AH.

Never dismantle an item unless you want the recipe (or the dusts if it is an epic). The resins that are produced by dismantling are only worth about 90% of the store resell value, so you would be better off selling the item and buying resins on your own if you plan to craft trophies w/ the resins

20x, 24x, and 28x Pure Spun Pine Resins from T4, 10, or 16 result in 100% Combat trophies. 4x Venemous Resins from T5, 11, 17 work as well, but actually short you about 1600 exp, so go w/ PSP resins if you're dead set on crafting combats

Sell trophies. I have financed 3 accts, with accel for each and Std. accounts for about a year from just selling trophies and buying TCs with the gold. They all have more than 10 virts as well. You don't have to be rich to have nice things

Download my item listing if you're trying to figure out where something is sold. It can be found at Http://www.tinyurl.com/noditemlist

Enjoy Yourself!!! This is the most improtant tip of all, because if you're not having fun, why are you here?
Very good Chris.m I will be adding your tips to the main list. Appropriate credits will be given. Thank you for seeing the true point of this thread, and being very constructive while others are just looking for a flame war, unprovoked criticism, and/or childish stupidity and ignorance.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #37
Temporarily Suspended

Added tips 10, and 11.
Thank you player Chrism for your contributions and in-depth knowledge of the Nodiatis crafting system.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #38
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Thank you player Chrism for your contributions and in-depth knowledge of the Nodiatis crafting system.
dude u start to sound like blazinbones

Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 AM   #39
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
dude u start to sound like blazinbones
Who the heck is Blazinbones?
Chrism deserved credits for actually contributing, instead of a mass meaningless nonsense.

Last edited by Relic; 09-16-2009 at 02:44 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #40
Temporarily Suspended

Arrow

Added #12