Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #21
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapobu
Awesome guide (that i plan to use obsessively, of course), but a few mistakes

- most importantly: str isn't necessary for piercers, but it does add significantly more damage than the dex partial bonus. after restatting my str points to dex on a pierce-rogue, my average damage dropped by about 10 per swipe (from 30-30 to 25-25 avg), but after adding stones that got my str up to what it was before restat, i was hitting about 10 damage more than before (35-35 avg). it was about a thirty-point shift from str to dex, so 30 dex does approximately 5 less average damage on an 11-33 weapon than 30 strength. these aren't backed by statistics, just my observations, but do with it what you will.
Pierce needs more Dex than Str. However you'll need to some Str in there inorder for you to deal max damage. Some people I know say to go 1:2 Strex but I'm not sure, I've yet to play a pierce.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 07-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Bane
Pierce needs more Dex than Str. However you'll need to some Str in there inorder for you to deal max damage. Some people I know say to go 1:2 Strex but I'm not sure, I've yet to play a pierce.
I've made 2 alts that only did pierce. Both were the same class, and used the same weapons, and fought the same monsters.

The one that did 1 str 2 dex usually hit less often, and about the same damage.

The one that went full dex usually hit for more, and more often.

Note: I only did this until level 10.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
Nosebatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline
Ok thx a lot. If I have any more problems, can I send you a message to ask you?
Feel free to ask ahead.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
klippi

question:

should piercers have any str at all?would it change anything?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #25
Auction Master

ask Souless
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #26
Necrox

I haven't played this game in ages, so I'm happy that people are even still looking at what I've written. I was going to come up with a spreadsheet one day on healing/damage spell management and weapon damage.

It would take a bit though of working out. You would need to work out hit ratios, damage ratios (for both yourself/mob) and also current healing ratios. From there you can work out what healing you need to keep yourself alive. Everything else can be some kind of damage spell. (easy to do on a case by case basis, but not for an overall game). And with runes now, it has got harder.