Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Uncivil or Off Topic

A longer title to convey more meaning
Old 01-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
Neophyte

Default A longer title to convey more meaning

I've looked at the opening post again.

I've created a new naming scheme which tries to convey you are attentive and approachable.
This new title contains your forum name to illustrate personal involvement.

Blazes's lens through Nodiatis. Conscientious discussion for new players wanting to talk about Nodiatis.

How are you planning to display the contest winning name to others?

Last edited by endorsi; 01-04-2017 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Unsure what the name will be used for

Old 01-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #22
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endorsi
I've looked at the opening post again.

I've created a new naming scheme which tries to convey you are attentive and approachable.
This new title contains your forum name to illustrate personal involvement.

Blazes's lens through Nodiatis. Conscientious discussion for new players wanting to talk about Nodiatis.

How are you planning to display the contest winning name to others?
i'll be making a more official thread for the "guide" after the name is chosen. + i'll announce prize winners on this thread/in civil. and ofc the name itself will be used in some ad i think up after i see what kinda name i gotta work into it.

hard part about the longer name to convey more meaning is that messages in civil chat cannot exceed 240 characters.
is ~100 characters. half of my limit. the name is just a name. i'll customize the 'ad' afterwards to make it more welcoming.

Last edited by Blaze; 01-04-2017 at 10:08 PM..

Old 01-05-2017, 08:00 PM   #23
Boss Hunter

If anyone feels I have biases or w/e btw they don't need to compete :{ it's a contest I'm holding with my own money. So even if I was biased people lack right to complain. I don't need to be 100% impartial like glitch because.. you're not giving me money.

That being said I do plan to judge impartially for main prize. That's why I made special prize 1 after all. So I can choose one with more bias rather than what fits what I'm looking for.

Main prize names are all simple. Short (skorm's is a bit longer. Prolly change it to nod boot camp if I choose it. Can customize ad around that) And mostly straightforward. Academy. In a nutshell. Bootcamp. Wikipedia. FAQs. Nodiatis guide. All pretty easy to understand what they mean.
Compared to some like Thucydides by sadoul. (Not many would understand a reference to a Greek historian.) Or the Big bang theory reference "Sheldon Cooper's fun with flags". The people who have seen it would get it ofc. But 7 billion people out there. Not all may have. Balzetools.nub only people who have already nodded would get.

Some could have been added to contenders like Jade's nod help line. Lacks some pizzazz tho.

For special contest.. those names are longer or less straightforward. Blackpanther's submissions sum it up nicely. Bit long for the ad tho. Same with endorsi.

The other 2 special contests will be even more unbiased. As one has already had the winner decided most likely.

If truly unsatisfied with my "fairness" people can feel free to put their own millions up for contests :{

Last edited by Blaze; 01-05-2017 at 08:03 PM..

Old 01-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #24
Boss Hunter

Flamin' Blaze's Nerd Turds

Old 01-06-2017, 01:12 AM   #25
Neophyte

Last ditched name ideas
7)Nod2smart
8)NODing2C-here
9)Nodtredamme
10)Nodzilla
11)NodKindoughnuts
12)Blaze's Nodthrough
13)Nodprodigy academy
14) Nodder's Haven

Old 01-06-2017, 01:50 AM   #26
Neophyte

-Nodiatis Rookie Academy
-Nod Future Star Camp
-Nodiatis Rookie League
-JoinNod Academy

As bonus

-You Can (Nod) Advance
I'll excuse myself out xD

Last edited by Clementine; 01-06-2017 at 02:04 AM..

Old 01-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #27
Neophyte

new idea
Nodthrough it all like a blaze

Old 01-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #28
Neophyte

New idea
BlazyNODthrough

Old 01-06-2017, 10:32 AM   #29
Neophyte

New idea
Nod's Blazethrough

Old 01-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #30
Epic Scholar

balze=nub

Old 01-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #31
Boss Hunter

Special prize 1 (my personal enjoyment fave) winner: jade: Sheldon Cooper's fun with flags. Honestly amused me quite a bit prize: 750k

Special prize 2: largest contributor. Izalith had 24 submissions. Sure not all of them were the best but there were a few good ones. Prize: 500k
Thanks for the enthusiasm and contributions

Special prize 3: Nodder's choice. Players can vote on which of the 70 submissions was their favorite.
To vote: you either need to vote with your forums account on this thread or for players in game you can pm your vote to dragonstar in game. Note: only the people who entered the contest will have valid votes for in-game PMS. Unlike forums alts/too sharing could be used to abuse votes in game. Cannot vote for your own submission. Voting ends on the Monday reset. Prize: TBD

Main prize:
3rd place for 500k: nodfaqs.nub - Izalith
2nd place for 1mil: nod in a nutshell - Elixerfrost
1st place for a time card: Nod's blazing academy - Clementine

Last edited by Blaze; 01-06-2017 at 03:21 PM..