Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > Role Playing > Role Play

Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #201
Gem Pouch Expert

I was just wondering if anyone here has been reading regenesis and if so could you tell me what you think so far?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #202
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Necronas

Oh noes. Hope you feel better soon. =)

Also, the spell was gray magic. Even the most powerful pegasi are immune to only black and red magic. Most all of them are immune to white magic, but blue and gray they usually have low resistance to. And besides, the spell was in no way an aggressive one. As you could tell, even Necro was unable to figure out what had happened until it was done.

Basically doing this for the drama. :P
Imagine the look on Reen's face when her horse casts an enormous supernova. ^^

Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #203
Reens

looks like a little bit o' magic will need to be cast.... time reversal spell by me.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #204
Boss Hunter

I smell godmod. >.>

I'm going to be very blunt here, mainly because I have to go to class soon. I know you're new to this stuff so I'm not going to kill you in your sleep or anything, but, if I may, I would like to point out a couple things.

CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED

Also, the horse's dark aura is extremely weak at the moment, since the binding of a soul is a long process. The only thing Necronas did was create an anchor, which then slowly conforms the body to fit to the soul, the reason why people who are possessed or become vampires often undergo gradual physical changes.

So, over time, the aura will become slowly stronger, thus increasing both Necronas's magical potency in his new body and Reens's ability to recognize it.

Speaking of which, you want to control your now-humanoid horse once he wakes up, or should I?

Last edited by Necronas; 11-06-2009 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Communism

Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #205
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via MSN to Qtchi Send a message via Skype™ to Qtchi

*sneaks from behind, swiftly running up to the man and tackling Necronas to the ground*

__________________________________________________ ____________
M'dear Reens, he means well, even if his words seem blunt. Please do not be offended in any way. I want everyone in that thread, to improve their writing... and to learn to RP with other characters.

Here are some suggestions, that might help with your writing process. When you are describing an object or animal or NPC (non-player-character like the Pegasus), you can use more then just your own personal feelings.

Things like sight, taste, smell, or perhaps, appearance, will help us (the readers), understand what Reens is feeling. For example:

Quote:
The horse's aura felt wrong, she felt a wave of nausea welling up within her as it approached. She could not place her finger upon it but it was a bad feeling. She knew something had happened.
How about:

The horse began approaching and Reens took a step forward, her hands extended for her reigns... but wait...

Something was the matter, The women wondered, a feeling of dread entering her heart and making her steps falter. Her eyes narrowed and Reens focused upon the strange aura that surrounded the mare.

The usual glow that surrounded the horse, seemed different.

Reens cautiously approached, her fingers tense and ready for a defensive spell. What was a white glow, seemed tinged a dirty grey... I don't like it, The woman thought and tightened her jaw.

I used: Visual Senses here.

Quote:
So she froze the pegusi in place with a quickly placed ice spell. A spell was the only way it could be solved. Luckily, She knew plenty... ^A time spell ought to work, powerful grey magic it was, dire consequences it had, if performed incorrectly.^ She knew she could risk it.
Please pay attention to the 'Enter' bar. Hit it twice so there is a space between thoughts and the main body paragraph. Like this:

So she froze the Pegasus in place with a quickly placed ice spell. A spell was the only way it could be solved. Luckily, She knew plenty...

^A time spell ought to work, powerful grey magic it was, dire consequences it had, if performed incorrectly.^

She knew she could risk it.
__________________________________________________ __________
Quote:
She placed a hand within the herb bag at her side. She groped around within the bag, carefully extracting the reagents required for the time spell. ^Myrrh, St. John's Wort, Rattler Venom, Ground Unicorn horn, Pixie Hair, and a vial of dragon's blood, just to name a few of the ingredients she required.
Once she found her reagents, she drew a pentacle and stepped within, the spell was about to start. She begins intoning a powerful, and ancient incantation in a language no one knew and would not have even bothered to try and learn. Frankly, speaking, she only knew a little of the language.
Quite frankly, it sounds like you are trying to fit too much into one post - and you will be overwhelmed from writing, if you try to do that. When RPing, think of each post as minutes... not hours. I noticed a lot of writers here either write 3 sentences OR write epic novels in each post. Length is not important, but content.

Not only have you casted a frozen spell... you got out herbs... and drew a pentacle... and began cantations...

Meanwhile, I only stirred the soup once... over the fire.

As a fellow RPer, you have to keep an eye on the current situation... and react to it. Your post would be perfect, if you ended at the frozen ice spell. This gives the other player a chance to respond.

Just like chess you get one move... he gets one move... you get one move.

__________________________________________________ ___________
Her fingers twitched and immediately, a faint glow sparked at the edges. It grew brighter and brighter, the light casting a bluish tint across her skin. She slowly brought her hands higher, forming a large sphere within her hands, the spell upon her lips.

With a flick of her wrist, Reens sent the Ice Spell onto the Pegasus...
__________________________________________________ _____________
That could be an example. Together, the entire post would be:

The horse began approaching and Reens took a step forward, her hands extended for her reigns... but wait...

Something was the matter, The women wondered, a feeling of dread entering her heart and making her steps falter. Her eyes narrowed and Reens focused upon the strange aura that surrounded the mare.

The usual glow that surrounded the horse, seemed different.

Reens cautiously approached, her fingers tense and ready for a defensive spell. What was a white glow, seemed tinged a dirty grey... I don't like it, The woman thought and tightened her jaw.

Her fingers twitched and immediately, a faint glow sparked at the edges. It grew brighter and brighter, the light casting a bluish tint across her skin. She slowly brought her hands higher, forming a large sphere within her hands, the spell upon her lips.

With a flick of her wrist, Reens sent the Ice Spell onto the Pegasus...
__________________________________________________ ______
Quote:
(OOC: I am not done yet, will finish when I find time to.)
I hope you feel better soon. I know, all too well, what it is like to feel rushed while trying to post when you are busy or sick. Please don't feel like you need to post in a thread, if you are not feeling well.

I would suggest, writing the entire post on your laptop/computer notepad, and saving it for one time posting. If you don't have time for a grand post, nobody will complain, if you posted a short paragraph.

I will always halt and wait for stragglers. The importance is learning how to RP. Not the story itself.

<Also Available on Google - New!>

Old 11-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #206
Boss Hunter

*is now on the floor with an attractive female sprawled on top of me*

Yeah, Qtchi's advice would probably be a little less, well, aggressive. I apologize if you read it already, and if you haven't, it is now censored for your convenience! Don't you just love censorship?

And now to deal with you, Qtchi...

Old 11-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #207
Gem Pouch Expert

Shimmers once as she smiles down at the pinned man, then suddenly disappears from the position. Seconds later, the lass reappears, sitting calmly upon the rock a few feet away from the sprawled man.

Teleportation, she sends his mind, winking as she takes a bite of an apple she plucked from the branch beside her.

Guys (and beautiful ladies), I noticed a lot of ^ in the middle of posts. Needless to say, after being here for a few months... the ^ is starting to irk me...a lot.

While none of us are vying for the worlds best writer award... I do need to point out that a few common writing laws apply when you are writing in a public forums. In my posts, I never used ^ yet you can always tell when my character is thinking or speaking. While you do not need to use color for speech, that is a option - since it beautifies your post AND gives your character deeper depth.

As I am not one to merely rant without any substantial evidence, I have taken the time to included examples of thoughts and speech within short posts. This is so you can see how it will work - without the annoying ^triangle pyramids^

Madness howled around her - grotesque contorted faces out of hell threw themselves at her, and the walls around the room were gone, while the floor of what was once the palace sank and reformed below her feet.

Her movement was swift and silent, as the girl brought her wand beside her face. The crystal ball glowed steadily, the light casting a blue aura upon her determined face.

"Achi To TAEM!" The girl shouted, releasing the power from her body in full force. It roared to life, exploding in a dazzling display of lights... straight towards the demon.
"Ow that hurt!" Sephrenne whined, her pretty lips turned down in a pout as she rubbed her arm. It was late afternoon and the sun bore down upon the two figures, standing in the middle of the courtyard.

The women was dressed in a light woolen tunic, the creamy top was complete with vintage lacing and puffed shoulders. Upon her legs, she wore brown suede riding pants, the soft material tucked in a pair of expensive leather boots, crafted from fine Italian leather.

Beside the women, a man stood tall.

He appeared to be slightly older, the sun glinting off his reddish-brown hair and dark, blue eyes. Above the pair of eyes, was his brow, which was currently furrowed as the man regarded the woman with much displeasure.

"We haven't got all day Seph, you either take training seriously or you will never be ready, Richard Graves sighed, lowering the wooden practice stave towards the ground.

"But I'm tired," She said, sinking down onto the wooden chair by the edge of the courtyard. "And my hands hurt!" She lamented, raising said hands into the air and staring at her nails with utter dismay.

Richard gnashed his teeth in frustration, wishing he could smack the spoiled princess with the end of his stave.

"Captain!" A voice suddenly rang out into the clearing and a short man presently came running up to Richard. "Sir, I am one of the hunters scouting the Dark Forest - come quickly! Something has happened..."

Old 11-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #208
Gem Pouch Expert

I have posted 2 more installments to my RP Guide in the forums. To read it, click here.

*Addition 1: Using italicizing and bold font for thoughts or speech in a post.
*Addition 2: Proper indentation and spacing within a post. Post Aesthetics.

These are both important Role-Playing tips, so please swing by and take that 30 seconds to read each post. Thank you very much for your time & Happy Writing everyone!!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #209
Gem Pouch Expert

OH MY GAWD! VUXXA! Your latest post is GORGEOUS! You really did read my guides!!!! I'm so touched!!!!

*cannot stop smiling now*

You made my day.

Last edited by Qtchi; 11-08-2009 at 03:15 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #210
Gem Pouch Expert

It was nothing. I've actually been waiting for you to say something about useing italitization for thought. You were talking about it a couple weeks ago remember.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #211
Boss Hunter

haha
*pats Vuxxa's head*
you gonna say it or should I?
meh. might as well.

"HEY QTCHI, HE DID IT CUZ HE THINKS YOU'RE HOT"

*gets into a suit of armor before vuxxa tackles me for cockblocking*
ah, the beauty of being the kid.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #212
Gem Pouch Expert

*feels her forehead*

I don't have a fever

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #213
Gem Pouch Expert

Good job Q.

*thumbs up*

Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #214
Boss Hunter

Pfffft :P
You two are no fun.

And to think I got in this oversized suit of armor for no reason whatsoever...

Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #215
Gem Pouch Expert

Well... it's obvious you were planning to do something cool with that outfit, for my birthday.... which is... today.

*curls up and watches*

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #216
Gem Pouch Expert

Probably missed it but happy birthday Q.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #217
Gem Pouch Expert

I've already said this but will say it again. Happy Birthday Q!

Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #218
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necronas
Pfffft :P
You two are no fun.

And to think I got in this oversized suit of armor for no reason whatsoever...
...other than Qtchi's birthday.

Which I totally knew about.

Yeah. >.>

Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #219
Gem Pouch Expert

Uhm sooo is anybody here been some time since anybody posted... HINT HINT

Old 11-20-2009, 03:58 AM   #220
Ehlmaris

Yeah, I've been here... just been too busy to post, and too busy to get with TBH about the sparring him and Ehl are supposed to be doing in A Bright Era right now. x.x thank god it's the only rp i'm doing atm.