Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > Role Playing > Role Play

Now I see the light. Let's get to the hurtin'
Old 05-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #741
Gem Pouch Expert

Post Now I see the light. Let's get to the hurtin'

(i have been trying to build up to something ever since i heard about the dragon. this pretty much was the last step right here. i'm happy now. oh keto, out characters might have a similar 'dilema' soon. oh, and i beleive this is easily the longest(since the looooong silence/break) now.)

Vuxxa stood listening, first to the words spoken to him mentally by his brother, then to those of King Ehlmaris. Without answering either of them he thought Of course I will fight! It needn't even be asked. I will not leave these people to their doom without even trying to defend their right to live. Nor will I abandon those that I've traveled with just when the most important battle yet is about to begin. These thoughts not just to steel himself for the upcoming battle, but to confirm his own will, his reasons to fight. To protect and give aid to those in need, at least that is what he forced into the forefront of his mind, as his worry grew. Had the darkness within his mind and soul, planted the seeds of chaos within the light, within the last of his resolve against the darkness eating away at his mind?

Were the words of Choronzon, a demon, a liar, a manipulator, simply just that, the words of a liar. Or was there indeed a greater truth to them. Did these feeling, so strong, already exist within the core of his being. Were they already there for the taking, something for the demon to feed upon, and strengthen itself, and it's place, within his already weakened mind. Was I already a monster deep within long before the demon brought it out and strengthened it? Was this darkness already mine, within my heart?

The spirit blade walked forward, barely noticing anybody while he wallowed in self doubt. Soon he was in the front, the battlefield stretching before him, I never did like having to take the lives of others. They have made their choices though and will soon have to face the consequences of those choices. He looked around the front lines, seeing Ketotsue quite a ways away from him. Though it was for the better to have their strength spread like that as it would be of little use having both so close together, as their skill well outpaced that of an ordinary soldier and it would only be a waste of man power for them both to be too close especially how wild his brother could get in a battle. There wouldn't be enough for himself to take on, therefore wasting time.

Can I trust myself here? Vuxxa thought. What if I lost control. He looked back seeing Qtchi with some other archers Could it happen again? His mind now becoming heavy with doubt and self loathing It's my own fault. My own evil, my own darkness that gives it power. The demon and I are barely any different. The only difference, it doesn't try to hide what it is. Choronzon already knows himself and embraces that. Me, I've always ignored my own dark heart. Pushing it deep down, pretty much pretending to embrace the light. What a pitiful sight I am. He felt sick of himself I'm a hypocrite, I've fought against evil creatures as long as I can remember, I've detested them, telling them how wrong they, and their plans are when my own darkness was just as bad. As these thoughts churned within his head the demon could only laugh to himself.

Something unexpected happened then, he could feel a warmth, and a light, within the cold darkness and a voice echoed within his mind Do not fall into a dark pit of your own creation. You are stronger than this darkness. Remember, all men have their own internal darkness to face. Their own evil and own battle. Do not fail in your own battle. Everybody makes their own choices, they are only ruled by darkness if that is what they choose. Your choices make you what you are. Do not let the demon win, fore it is only strengthening what you have already conquered and pushed aside long ago with the choices you have already made. Remember And a suddenly as it came, it left making what sounded like some sort of deep guttural growl.

Vuxxa stood, staring straight ahead, with a dumbfounded expressionWh...what the hell was that? he said in almost disbelief. Then he noticed he was breathing heavily. He quickly straightened up and calmed his breath Whatever that was, it was right. All men must face the darkness dwelling within their own hearts. Overcoming or giving into that darkness depending on their own choices. I have long ago made my choice and overcome my darkness and no demon will force me to face what has already been buried. I am my own master and I make my own choices. Vuxxa looked ahead, hardening his own mind with resolve, Never again will you simply have your way as you have before...demon.

He then opened his mind to his brother I now stand strong with you and our allies! he said with new strength revealing itself in his voice Brother, I will come through in this battle! I believe I have found the answer to my darkness. He looked defiantly ahead as the army drew nearer, steeling himself for not only this battle, but for those that would undoubtedly rage within himself against the demon Choronzon. Little did he notice that as the dragon drew nearer to their location, the lighter and stronger his body felt as his power somehow grew. Though if he had noticed this, he would also have noticed an uncontrollable wildness growing within his power. One that would have no doubt worried him.

Last edited by Vuxxa; 05-07-2011 at 01:12 AM..

The Oncoming War
Old 05-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #742
Neophyte

Default The Oncoming War

(Since no one else is willing to post.....)

The loud, omnious thump of death went through the land. Soliders from across the lands were forced to march under the banner of a Fire Elemental dragon. The roar of their battlemaster struck fear into them along with the lifeless body of one of their comrades that failed to remain in formation flew over the troops. The charred, headless corpse landed in front of a line, they continued on trampling the poor sod into the weakening soil. The dragon smirked as the rest knew not to avoid the obstacle. He flew high above his army and spat a pyre of flames out of his maw. His body flames flared as the sun set. The army paused stomping in place. Only when he landed did the air fall silent.

A voice bursted from the dragon's throat that would remind the warriors of a waterfall colliding with a lava flow that just had a glacier dropped into it. "Ressst now. You will not stop for a full sssun tomorrow!"

"The ground... She has calmed for the moment. We rest easey for one more night. Still, we must prepare the traps. We must remove as many as we can for the little bit of hunters we have." Thor sighed deeply as he stared at a distant tree. He could not help but think that they should be using what precious wood they had to make spike pits, but that would mean destroying what little shelter they had left.
He glanced over the town from his vantage point and shook his head. Right now he did not think any amount of prayer could save them from falling apart. Still, he begged for the gods' blessings and help...

Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #743
Gem Pouch Expert

(post deleted.)

Last edited by ketotsue; 06-28-2011 at 06:57 AM..

Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #744
Ehlmaris

The crowd rallies around the group, pledging their lives to the defense of their lands. Their commitment to defend themselves, their very right to exist, flows through the air like an electric charge. Clint begins to smile as he begins to plan the defenses.

Alright! We've got a lot of work to do, and we're lucky to have even a short time to do it, so let's go! You four, he calls out, pointing to the young boys by Qtchi. I want you to work on preparing spikes for pitfalls. We'll get two groups of ten men digging those.

We will, m'lord! We won't let you down!

I'm sure you won't. The knight walks over to the mayor. Sir, we'll need a map to coordinate our battle tactics.

Right this way, sir.

Thor, I need you and the archers with me, we'll set up everyone's posts now. They will sleep in the field tonight. Clint follows the mayor toward a charred building as the designated archers begin to follow him.

As the villagers split up and begin to work, Warbird approaches the King. My Lord... is this really what your life has been? He turns to her with a puzzled expression. I mean... I had heard the stories - of how you quested for years to prepare for the war you caused to reclaim your throne. Of how you have traveled from battlefield to battlefield, putting your life in harm's way nearly every day. Of... of those you've lost... she grows quieter as she continues, her voice becoming barely more than a whisper. but... I've never even been on a battlefield before. I've spent my life studying magic, honing my power. I've never had to fight for anything. I'm not used to this. She looks at the people around them, diligently working to delay their demise, even if for only a few hours. This reality, the constant threat of death for those around you... is this really all you've known?

The implications of those words hit Ehlmaris hard. Not just the question of his own past and the troubles he has seen, but the unspoken question, the fear in her heart. Warbird... it is hard to accept our own mortality. Even harder to confront it. He places a hand on her shoulder. But what gives me strength is the reasons I fight. I fight for these people, that they might live without the same fear of which you speak. I fight for their freedom, that they might live the lives they choose. You ask if this is all I've known? He smiles slightly as he shakes his head. No. The main reason I fight is for the memory of happier times, before all the worries of empires and armies occupied my thoughts. Simpler times, when my biggest decisions were what to eat that day. I fight for the hope that, one day, I might be able to bring such a time to my people, that they might live in peace. He pulls her closer, wrapping his arms around her in an embrace. Her own arms slowly draw up around him, unsure of how to react but unwilling to do nothing. People do die. It is... tragic, every time. But those who have left us all chose to take that risk, because they believed it was the right thing to do. They live on in our memories, in the tales we tell of their courage. We fight now so that the sacrifices they have made - the sacrifices that have allowed the survivors to accomplish so very much - will not have been in vain. He pulls back, holding on to her arms, locking eyes with the woman. Take heart, m'lady. We fight for just causes, and the Gods will grant us their favor. I have seen the impossible achieved many times before, in far more dire circumstances. This threat is great, but a free man defending his right to live? That man is worth an entire army.

She smiles, reassured by his words, but looks down, away from his face, sheepishly. Thank you, my... She stops, raising her gaze to look him in the eye for just a moment. Thanks, Ehlmaris. She pulls him close again, holding on tight.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #745
Neophyte

(Yay someon's alive ^>^ Somehow I had a Tom and jerry moment at the beginning there Ehl is that bad envisioning Spike being the speaker for the boys?)

"Aye, sir." He did not want to speak his mind in front of those around him, but what he did want to ask is 'When did I become the lessor?' Instead he followed motioning the archers to follow.
Jacuel took another pass above the town as the sky grew dark. He grumbled to himself as he felt the uneasiness of having a rival male so close yet he knew that this one would cheat at any of the traditional battles by air. The only way he could think of that he could cheat with was pulling out the broadsword he claimed from a slave trafficker a few decades back.
With a sigh, the white dragon glided silently down next to the fur cart and dug to the bottom of the hidden weapon cache. He pulled out a heavy silver and gold blade that had enough mass to crush a wooden table should it was laid on one. The cart, he grinned with rememberance, was blessed by elves and made by darves. Nothing could truly destory the craft lest it be time. He slung the leather sheath over his shoulder and work his wing under the strap. The blade sat soundly within its home and awaited the feast that shall come.

"Bal-laast unt ha'atiar." The dragon muttered as he stretched his clawed paw bhind him to grab the hilt. Deathbringer hast cometh That was all he could think of as he closed his eyes and let a single tear roll down his scales. No dragon, by right, should use a weapon of man, but he was no longer a true dragon neither so he was fully conflicted about keeping the old ways...

Old 09-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #746
Sir Martain II

((How may I come into the story? Check my sig for my character.))

Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #747
Ehlmaris

((I'd say the best way to get you in would be as one of the archers in the village we're about to be fighting for. Up to you, though! I'll see if I can stir some people up and get this thing going again...))

Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #748
Gem Pouch Expert

(I'm guessing your character's an elf Sir Martain.
I don't really feel up to doing something but here I go with a crappy post)

Vuxxa looked on into the distance as the dragons army stopped to rest for the fast approaching night. He let his body relax now, any tension now flowing free from his muscles. All that was left was the anticipation, knowing that tommorrow would bring a battle in which the enemy outnumbered allies. I never thought that dragon was going to allow it's men rest. The prince then sighed, At least this allows us to get rest and sleep as well. However light that sleep may be.

Vuxxa couldn't help but stare off into the distance where the Elemental Dragon was before shaking his head and turning and walking over to his brother.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #749
Neophyte

(If you could awaken people, Ehl, that would be a blessing, I'd like to keep this going this winter)

Old 09-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #750
Gem Pouch Expert

( And I will follow with crap post #2 just to help push things along)

He could not help but think back on recent events. It was strange to think had he not gone along with his spirits plan to become complete he would still be carrying on a pointless existence with no idea his brother still lived.

To think about how easily I could have missed that cart... Where would I even be right now?

The spirit of Atterimus then spoke within his mind.

" Not about to face down an elemental dragon for a group of fools that should mean nothing to you, no I think it likely you would be doing something truly productive towards our goals..."

" You mean your goals... Do not think for a moment I will leave these people to their doom, I am no monster.

" Indeed you are not but all men think of their own needs first do you think if it came to it this "holy king" would not sacrifice the lot of you to save his kingdom...

It was at this moment that Vuxxa walked up to him and Ketotsue dismissed his spirit familiar to the inner recesses of his mind.

" Some army we have huh, What do you think our chances are?. " The sarcasim rolled heavily off his words...

Old 09-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #751
Neophyte

Jacuel growled loudly as he landed on the other side of the ruined town; he sat on his haunches with his flared against the town as he muttered a prayer of Passing for those lost and those whom are about to die. His words where interrupted by a mind he did not recognize.

Well, welll, if it is not the Dark one himself. Is your pet and yourself willing to surrender or die here?
Go bite your tail, demon, I will not listen to your temptations nor will I listen to your rants. The Holy Council will reign surpreme.
Blah, blah, blah. You know, traitor, you could master your element and join the higher breeds.
Jacuel reared then roared loudly. I have mastered my element!
Temper, temper. We shall see, tiny... we shall see... The presence faded from his mind leaving only the humans close to him staring at him and quaking with fear.
What!? Jacuel pierced everyone's mind he could as he vented. Just because we dragons roar does not mean we are about to spew fire. Get to bed and rest!
Jac... Thor tried to prod his Partner's mind to calm him down.
"Ba'ack guel..."

Thor crossed his arms and shook his head his Partner rarely cursed at him, but he did feel himself closed off for a moment. He assumed the opposing dragon had a conversation with him. He looked at Clint and shrugged.

"I think someone tried to anger my other half." He stared off to the distance and saw the glow of the enemy fires. "I would have to guess that they will be upon us by midday. I suggest everyone gets some rest. I doubt anyone will get any later."

(I'll leave the curse to your imaginations ^^)

Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #752
Ehlmaris

Clint nods at Thor. You have a point. Seems everyone's in position, and traps have been set. Go ahead and rest, he says as he folds his arms, surveying the area.

You say that as if rest is not in your future. Clint turns to see the Lady approaching. He lets out a faint, brief chuckle and glances down, shaking his head slightly.

I just don't think I'll be able to. And besides, someone has to keep watch.

She sighs and sits down at his side, glancing up at him for a moment before turning her eyes to the horizon and the dangers it hides. Might as well keep you company. He looks down as she wraps her arms around her knees, pulling them closer. I don't expect to sleep well, either.

He places a hand on her shoulder, leaning on her softly as he joins her seated on the ground. Scared? She nods, a slight shiver running through her body. He brings his arm up and around her shoulders, pulling her close. We'll be alright. Just stay close to Ehlmaris. He lives a charmed life - danger will follow him to the ends of the earth, but never seems to come too close.

She smiles at this, resting her head on his shoulder. I hope so... Clint rubs his hand across her shoulder as a comfort as the pair gaze off into the distance. The man smiles as she slowly drifts to sleep.

Ehlmaris slowly walks into a barn, laying down on a bed of hay. The stars shine through the decimated roof, the clear night sky bringing a glimpse of beauty into the chaotic scene surrounding him. He sighs softly as he shuts his eyes, eager to rest before the battle to come.

But his sleep is anything but restful. Visions and dreams haunt him. Smoke and fire, death and destruction pour into his mind, the suffering of both his own people and the war-slaves commanded by the beast causing him to stir in his sleep. And through it all, a faint, dark laughter haunts him. An evil presence stirring in its slumber, yet not with the dread causing the young king's restlessness. No, this seems... eager. Eager to walk the earth, eager to wreak havoc upon the mortal realms. In his sleep, Ehlmaris feels the calamity approaching, and he sees... eyes. Eyes of flame. Eyes of wrath. Eyes that show the way into a cruel and soulless being, its intent to destroy and consume. A voice penetrates his mind, cold and calculating, saying one word.

Azrul....

The man pushes himself up, waking in a cold sweat as the first rays of dawn approach, painting the skies above him red.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #753
Neophyte

(TV go dark... T.T)

Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #754
Gem Pouch Expert

( holy hell I thought for sure something would have happened on here by now!!! So lets assume Qtchi is gone for good and write move on without her for heavens sake)

Last edited by ketotsue; 05-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: been so long forgot to disable my sigi

Old 05-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #755
Neophyte

(I've been watching weekly for something to happen... I nearly had the 'big one' seeing even an ooc post...)

Old 05-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #756
Gem Pouch Expert

(post coming within the next three days when I finally get an off day from work, But for now is Ehlmaris still around at least?

Old 06-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #757
Neophyte

(hope so...)

Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #758
Gem Pouch Expert

(blah, i hate this horrible horrible post)

"Some army we have huh, What do you think our chances are?." Keto said with obvious sarcasm. Vuxxa stood staring off in the direction of the enemy camp. Smirking to himself he said to his brother, "I'm not ready to die just yet. So we'd better win."

He began walking off, before speaking again, "I'm going to rest a a little. I suggest you do the same" He makes his way over to a building, siting down and leaning up against the side facing the enemy. Thinking This will not be my end
before closing his eyes and going to sleet.

And so it begins
Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #759
Gem Pouch Expert

Default And so it begins

The dawn had finally broken and the silence was no more. Now the footfalls of an enemy legion sounded out through the desolate village. Their foe was so vast in numbers there very steps sent vibrations pulsing through the ground beneath them. It would be no time before the smell of blood found its place here once again.

Ketotsue had stood in silent vigil through the night, waiting for the enemy to begin their march and it had started. Unfortunately his spiritual energies were very limited and he knew that very soon the dark army before him would let loose a deadly rain of arrows. It was this knowledge that drove his hand and without giving any heed to his future reserves he drew on all the power he could muster.

"Extollo atrum navitas... quod tribuo tutela inter mihi!!!" Rise up dark energy... and give out protection among me!!!

As the words left him he plunged his blade deep into the earth, and a tingle of energy ran through the air within the charred village. The men composing the resistance all looked around each other desperately searching for some clue as to what just happened. In moments tendrils of black energy began sprouting up in a circular pattern just large enough to cover the allied forces. The tendrils continued to grow up entangling themselves within the others until at last, the black vines had created a complete dome around them. When the last of the tendrils had come to rest tangled in the complex weave of energy a pulse run through the cluster starting from the apex atop the dome and running down it. As the pulse moved across its surface the tendrils of energy were bound together creating a perfect circular dome of energy devoid of any flaws.

"It will not last long so don't get used to it! We just have to hope it will out last their arrows!"

He then removed his blade from the ground and gave it a quick circular flick to remove the clinging earth from its edge. The spell he had just wove together left him devoid of almost any spiritual energy, now all he could really count on was his own blade, and the strength of his companions. Only time would tell if either of them would stand this test...

Last edited by ketotsue; 06-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: damned typos

The Tide
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #760
Gem Pouch Expert

Default The Tide

The enemies arrows rain down from the sky like a ferocious storm, intent on tearing away the protective dome around them. In moments the arrows began to lessen in numbers buy continued to bombard them.

"It is about to fail!"

And in moments a thunderous boom sounded out across the battlefield as the dome burst outward with enough force to cast aside most remaining bolts. The air was stilling whipping about from the force of the spell when he broke rank and charged towards the enemy line hoping his brother would not be far behind. It was now their turn to attack. As he dashed forward the villagers released their first volley of arrows. The archers seemed to have gotten pretty good in what little time they had as only a few of the arrows had fallen short of the enemy.

Now the war had truly begun. The enemy broke line and charged towards them like a great wave, intent on crashing down around their lesser forces. In moments the "tide" had swallowed Ketotsue and his battle began. The Arregetim sang out through the air whistling through body after body. His blade ripped through all obstacles felling man and beast alike. The opponet was numerous but none of them had something to fight for, they were simply slaves to a lord forcing them to fight. And it was this that allowed Ketotsue to walk through the horde as enemy spears and swords lunged towards him.

Last edited by ketotsue; 09-02-2012 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Is no one else still posting?