Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #721
Gem Pouch Expert

Send a message via MSN to Qtchi Send a message via Skype™ to Qtchi

Soot stained her cheeks, mixed with the perspiration beaded across her forehead. The girl swiped her arm across her face, before leaning down to grasp the wooden beam with both hands.

”On 3!”
She told the others - a ash covered woman and a young girl of twelve, both wearing aprons. At their grim nods, the lass pressed her shoulders against the solid surface and braced her body.”1... 2... 3!”

With effort, the three females groaned… gasped… pushed… and eventually heaved the heavy object to its side. A cloud of dust rose and Qtchi bent forward, her hands resting upon her knees as she coughed with streamed tears down her face. Her companions were already in motion, leaping bravely into the gap and reaching down with extended arms. Sobs and incoherent words filled her ears, as the archer lifted her chin to smile weakly at the image of a man embracing his family.

”Thank you,” He said, smiling bravely despite the mangled evidence of his legs. ”Thank you! Thank you! The ladies repeated, the daughter burying her face into her father’s chest.

The sight wearied her, despite her happiness for their reunion, so the lass nodded and turned for the opening. Stepping through the skewed doorframe, the sunlight washed over her and warmed her heart. Brown eyes roamed the sorrowful surroundings, before spotting Lady Warbird. Lifting her weapons, the lass trudged across the dirt clearing…

Last edited by Qtchi; 03-26-2011 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: *Oops! Edit to remove my siggy :|

Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #722
Neophyte

(OMG!!!! I thought everyone died on me! YAY ME I am no longer alone!)

Old 03-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #723
Gem Pouch Expert

[[OOC: Never! I'm in a mood for some DRAMA! Bring it on people! I can't wait for what's next...]]

Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 AM   #724
Ehlmaris

[OOC: YAY! I'm excited. btw, gonna start trying this whole "colored dialogue" thing for my main characters, seems to work well for you guys. Might make my posts less visually bland on the webpage.]

Clint slowly rises to his feet, having stabilized the last of the injured. Not many will be of use in combat for some time, but most will survive. He sees Ehlmaris rush out from his meditation, startling the mayor.

"Your Majesty? Is something wrong?"

The King pauses, looking around. The old man from the vision was nowhere to be found. "I..." He hesitates, examining his surroundings only to find the recovery efforts moving smoothly. "I suppose not..."

Clint walks over to the two. "Sir, we're about done here. Is there anything else you need from us?" He watches the King's face closely, monitoring his expressions.

Ehlmaris looks at his second-in-command briefly, then to the others. "I see Warbird has the wards in place, and it looks like the fires are out... Do we have a defense organized?" His eyes face toward the people around him as if to say they are the focus of attention; but his eyes are clearly as unfocused as his mind. Trying to organize the village's defense isjust a front with which the King coversthe confusion and anticipation inside.

"We do. We have about a dozen villagers ready, and Warbird says she'll have the arrows enchanted soon - should allow us to take the beast down easier."

Ehlmaris nods slowly. "Very well. Come with me, I need to speak with you and Thor."

Clint nods. "Yes, m'lord. I'll be just a moment." Clint trots back to Warbird. "Looks like we've got everything about done here. Have you started on those arrows?"

Warbird smiles at the man as he approaches. "See for yourself," she says as she tosses one to him. As he catches it, Clint feels the icy chill of the mage's enchantment begin to chill through the flesh of his hand. He smiles momentarily and opens his mouth as if to speak, but he drops the arrow before words come forth. Warbird laughs as the Royal Knight shakes his hand. "They're not that bad at first - that's to keep the archers' fingers from freezing off. But the chill gets worse over time, which will definitely hurt a fire dragon." She strolls over to him and picks the arrow up off the ground, quickly tossing it into a barrel filled with arrows. "Though, depending on how powerful this is, we may still be a bit underpowered on offense."

Clint nods. He sees Qtchi coming over, and the King waiting on him. "Alright. Looks like you've got this under control. Ehl and I are going to go meet with Thor... I guess we're finalizing the plans or something. We'll be back shortly."

"Sounds good," she says with a smile as he turns and walks back to the King. "So," she says to the approaching girl, "how's this little trip finding you so far?"

Meanwhile, Clint returns to his Lord's side and the two walk off toward Thor. "You said you had seen something, my friend?"

Old 03-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #725
Neophyte

Thor looked down at his feet one more time as the king walked up to him. "Aye, I did. Step in the runes and relax. This will pull the images straight from my memories. I'll be honest with you... it is not something meant for weak stomach. The dragon is most definitely male and it shows... well... you see how it treats its minions. I feel sorry for the creatures.
Thor stepped away from the circle and wave his hand over it. It began to glow slightly, Thor had a grimace lining his face.

By the gods" Jacuel growled out in his native tongue. He had just amputated a man's leg to the point that he should have just ripped it out of the joint. Girl, are others that need my attention?
"I don't see any, Master Jacuel. All others have minor injuries and have been dealt with. If I may say, Master Jacuel, I suggest we find the Master and see if we are needed elsewhere."
Jacuel wiped his claws on the grass then used a small bottle of acid to sterilize them.You go meet with the swordsmen and ready yourself for battle. I need to take a different view of things.

Blue is GAWJUS too ;)
Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #726
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Blue is GAWJUS too ;)

She glanced to her right, seeing the group of peasants rummaging through the remains, before lifting her shoulders in a gesture of exhaustion and defeat.

”As well as I can under these circumstances, M’lady,” She replied, bringing her eyes back to meet Lady Warbird. In contrast, it would seem the woman hadn't encountered the black filth that somehow coated the archer from head to toe - no doubt a useful spell Qtchi would have to learn in the near future. For a moment, she struggled to return the smile but it faltered; her amber eyes remained dark, reflecting the despair that singed these burnt timbers.

Her eyes trailed slowly from the woman’s face, sliding over the lady’s shoulders and falling upon the retreating knight. A brief moment of silence passed as the archer watched the men joined Thor in the near distance. ”Should we join them?” She asked, a slight furrow appearing between her eyes.

It would seem something was up...

Last edited by Qtchi; 03-27-2011 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Gah! I need to remember to leave off my siggy :|

Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #727
Ehlmaris

Warbird scans Qtchi's face as the two chat, recognizing the empathetic pain the girl must be feeling for the villagers. "I know how you feel. It's terrible, truly, that these people have suffered so much. In retrospect, we should have come sooner." She sighs softly, a hint of defeat escaping with her breath. "But thinking about what should have been never really changes what is." She gazes off to the men, off discussing things amongst themselves. "Join them? I'd think if we were needed, we'd be over there already. Right now, I'd say it's best to just let them talk. I trust the King - and Clint, too - will keep us up to speed as needed."

Meanwhile, Ehlmaris enters the runic circle, shutting his eyes as Thor's visions creep slowly into his mind. He sees the actions of the beast, but not as strongly as he feels the shame and humiliation of its most hated victims. Slaves, abused physically and broken mentally. He feels their longing for death, their desire for an end to what seems an eternity of anguish. But even as these feelings begin to overwhelm him, another sight comes forward: a vision that makes the King's eyes fly open again in shock.

A vision of a vast and terrible army.

Suddenly, the runes begin to darken and move around him! The King reaches out a hand, grasping Clint's shoulder as he stares, dumbfounded, at Thor.

"My Lord?!" Clint exclaims as he grasps his friend's arm. "What is it? What's happening?"

Warbird, seeing this sudden activity, turns to Qtchi. "Looks like something's happening... Come on."

As Warbird walks over to investigate, Ehlmaris drops to his knees. The runes, fully black now and pulsing with energy, begin to dissipate and fade away as a dark, sinister laugh fills the King's mind.

Clint tries to hold the man up, looking around at the villagers. They, too, have taken notice of this turn of events, gazing at the group with fear in their hearts. "Ehlmaris..." he whispers, "what is it?"

The King bows his head as the realization comes to his mind. Spoken softly, his reply barely escape his lips: "It's a trap..."

Old 04-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #728
Neophyte

Thor's hands glow bright blue for a split second before he shatters the spell. He then raced to grab Ehlmaris and forced him to sit.

"The odds are against us. We were lured here. We must prevail with as little as a third of their army. I fear that Jacuel and I shall not be able to join the main fight, but in the air we can draw the focus of the beast and perhaps avoid the others getting burned alive. He going up right now to see if we have any vantage points we can exploit. I can see if I cannot contact Those-who- Live-Under and try to get their assistance. But I do not hold any hopes for it."

Last edited by Jacuel the Dark; 04-01-2011 at 06:23 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #729
Gem Pouch Expert

He was motionless as the images from his brother flowed throughout his mind. It was a strange thing to see ones self but be so vastly different from the image. So many things were going through his mind it was not until the entire village or what was left of it locked on to the king that his focus returned to him.

"I am not sure what to make of this... dream. But there are more pressing matters to attend to at the moment"... His words trailed off as he nodded towards Ehlmaris.

He did not wait for Vuxxa's response assuming that he would be just as interested in the current events. Within moments he was walking towards the people gathering around the now sitting Ehlmaris. Stopping short of the king he instead took note of Lady Warbird and Qtichi and decided to speak with them.

" What has happened here?"

Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #730
Gem Pouch Expert

Vuxxa stood there as the images quickly leaped from his mind into Ketotsue's. It was soon over as the last images leaft him. He had to admit, it had an unexpected effect. His mind and body feld even more drained that it did when the images first came to him. He listened to his brother as he spoke thinking I figured as much. Soon Keto walked away, Vuxxa looking in the same direction as there seemed to be something going on. He recovered and soon followed.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 AM   #731
Ehlmaris

The King remains motionless for a moment as the people gather around him. His mind remains focused on the images he had seen. We are not prepared for this fight, he thinks as he looks around at the meager forces they have assembled. As the villagers see their lord and master on his knees, Ehlmaris remembers his Kingly obligation - his responsibility - to remain calm. Even though they are vastly outnumbered, he knows they can still win this - but not if everyone panics. Seeing such a powerful man in such a weak position tends to evoke such a response. He grudgingly rises to his feet.

"My Lord, what are your orders?" asks Clint.

"Work with Thor on coordinating the defenses. Jacuel will relay good vantage points to you through him - I want archers positioned at every one of them." His face remains unchanged as the words cross his lips, as if his sense of duty has taken over his consciousness. The look of despair begins to fade as he lifts his head and looks at his allies. "Warbird, stop the enchantments. Your skills will be needed in a more offensive manner. The dragon is no longer our primary concern."

The villagers gasp at this, looking around at one another in the vain hope that someone might have an explanation as to what has happened.

"Very well, m'Lord. It will be done." She turns back toward the arcane inscriptions she had marked on the ground in the village square, ready to break the spells she has placed.

"A moment, Lady." The King walks to her side and places a hand on her shoulder, whispering something lightly into her ear. As he finishes, she turns to the man, somewhat shocked. He merely stares at her, making it known to her that this order, above all else, must be fulfilled. She glances briefly toward Clint, then shuts her eyes and nods. "The Empire thanks you."

"Thor, Clint. Go ahead and get started on positioning. And Thor, old friend... I'm sorry, but I am afraid the dragon is up to you and Jacuel. As for Those-who-live-Under, it's worth a shot. Any assistance would tip the scales that much more toward our favor." Clint nods and begins passing out weapons to the villagers. As he does this, the King pulls Thor aside momentarily. "I feel a presence approaching. I believe it to be connected with the dragon... an immense darkness. I have an idea why the dragon is acting like this - and if I'm right, I may be able to weaken it momentarily. I trust you'll be ready to strike when the moment is right."

Without waiting for a response, he returns to the remaining party members. He takes a moment to ensure the villagers are sufficiently distracted by his second-in-command to not hear the words he speaks. "Ketotsue... Vuxxa... Qtchi. Your company has been most welcome on this trip, and it has been a great pleasure to have met you. This fight is not yours - at least, not yet. As such I cannot expect you to join us. The fact is, we are heavily outnumbered. This village will likely fall. And I doubt we have even seen the true master behind this opponent." He pauses, taking a moment to look each of them in the eye. "Should you choose to leave, Warbird can teleport you a safe distance away. Should you choose to stand with us, the Empire - perhaps even the world itself - will be in your debt." A reticent pause stops him before he speaks the end of his thoughts: "Assuming you survive."

Without even waiting for an answer, he purposefully walks to the center of town, drawing his sword as he moves. Climbing atop a now-broken fountain, he thrusts the blade to the sky, calling out to all around:

"The hour swiftly approaches, and soon we shall have to fight for our lives. I ask that you stand resolute against our foe! Sharpen your blades, tighten your bowstrings, and pray to whatever Gods you worship for their assistance in this dark hour. If we fail, this scourge shall spread further across our lands - and if we succeed, we buy ourselves a more hopeful tomorrow. But no matter what the outcome - let no man ever forget the valiant few who stood their ground in the Siege of Ishmal!"

Old 04-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #732
Gem Pouch Expert

He waited and watched as the king rose from his recent state. Something had changed in the man in the moments before hand what exactly had brought in on was uncertain to him but whatever the case it was a welcome change. It was strange to be honest he couldn't help but feel the despair of the villagers watching as their king fell to his knees. But now there was almost an electricity in the air, though it was hard for him to tell if it was a shared feeling or perhaps just his anticipation for the battle at hand.

It was after the king had given out his orders to his closest allies that he turned to address the three of us. " This fight is not yours - at least, not yet. As such I cannot expect you to join us. The fact is, we are heavily outnumbered. This village will likely fall. And I doubt we have even seen the true master behind this opponent. Should you choose to leave, Warbird can teleport you a safe distance away. Should you choose to stand with us, the Empire - perhaps even the world itself - will be in your debt."

Before any words had been spoken he looked towards his brother and opened the mental link. " I trust you will be standing beside me from the front lines?"

Ketotsue did not bother with words he saw little point in them now. It was time for action as such he stepped forward drawing the Aregetim from it's sheath and walking to the front lines. His cloak billowed slowly in the wind as he reached his position it was here, in the heat of the battle that his stand would be made.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #733
Neophyte

"Give me a moment, Clint." Thor pulled a palm-sized crystal ball from his satchel then turned his back to everyone. He began to make a series of clicks and chirps as he stared into the ball. A moment later a deeper voice responded to him. Thor crossed his free hand over his chest and bowed then clicked a short phrase out before putting the ball back into his satchel.
"Well, the Alpha is sending a squadron up close to the surface. They will dig pittraps for us... hmm, Jac has found a small vantage point on a steep hill for a couple of sharpshooters. Then there is a ravine where we can set up a spike trap nearby. He doesn't see anything else that could be of use, but the dust from the marching onto us. May the gods of all have mercy on us. It is huge.

A deep, omnious roar sounded across the land, signaling the start of the march. Races of many all loyal to their master, the fire dragon. Though they march in fear more of their master more than death itself. Knowing that they could be a snack for the beast is all they need to fight for their own death. The dragon roared again forcing the warriors below him to march faster. The dragon glared ahead at the white glare in the sky, hatred filled his eyes. The dragon spewed a pillar of fire over his army as he flapped casually to keep pace above the bipeds below.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #734
Gem Pouch Expert

[[OOC: Holy crap - ya’ll write a lot! I apologize if I misread something or didn‘t reply to someone in time. Been on the road for RL work ]]

The lass stood pale as the others quickly gathered; villagers and warriors alike stood with their faces grim and many holding makeshift weapons they had found from the rubble. The cold feeling of concern had taken hold of everyone present and the people gave the travelers their full and undivided attention.

A moment of panic flickered across the young archer as the King spoke of their impending doom - a mutual feeling the villagers shared, evident from their sudden rise of voices. Her eyes automatically turned to Lady Warbird and the girl almost ran towards the woman - seeking to leave this nightmare behind her. She didn’t know if she could face another battle, one where everyone she know would be left dead and their homes destroyed. The sight of this village was already difficult. Qtchi wasn’t sure if she could-

”We will do far more than hide from this,” The voice interrupted her thoughts, loud, strong and even. The crowd turned and parted to reveal a group of young lads¹, all holding crude hunting bows within their hands. The leader was of average height, yet extremely lean and wiry for a farm boy. He wore simple breeches beneath a homespun tunic, kept together by a cowskin belt and though his face was young, it was one that appeared upon a man whom spent his time outside under the sun.

The speaker continued forward, his voice carrying to the listening ears within the clearing. ”We cannot abandon our home and all that is ours. We will fight.” The lad did not stop until he reached Qtchi’s side - his dark eyes staring deeply into hers before bowing his head to pledge his service to their cause. Behind him, the other boys mimicked his actions, their jaws locked in grim determination.

”We are at your service m’lady,” He said in a low voice, startling the girl into a faint flush even as the small groups of archers turned and faced the King. ”We will serve the Empire.”

Wordlessly, the girl tightened her grip around her own weapon and watched as the villagers all followed suite - the men and woman resolute against their unknown enemy.

”They are only people,” She murmured, her feet taking her to where the rest of the group stood and watched. A lump formed in her throat and her sorrowful eyes swept through the peasants gathering before them. Besides the soldiers, their weapons seemed no more then a child’s toy. ”I suppose tis too late for retreat…”

Her voice faint, the girl accepted her fate.

Quote:
¹ NPC’s - Anyone is welcome to take over and write them.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #735
Neophyte

[Extreme Note: I have been thinking and doing rough mocks for the upcoming battle for the enemy side. Do be prepared for a more gory scene, if this upsets anyone. I apologise now for the events of the opposing army that may occur including the possibility of NPC death. This is the only warning that I will give for this battle.]

Old 05-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #736
Ehlmaris

[Warning appreciated, but unnecessary in my case :P Epic battles require a bit of gore. Just... try to make sure your use of it is to tell the story - to show the horrors the characters are exposed to, to provide context for the extreme emotions they will undoubtedly feel, to show that this time there may not be a tomorrow. Gore for the sake of emotional effect in the reader is good. Gore fore the sake of gore... not so much That being said, I can't wait!]

Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #737
Gem Pouch Expert

[[*impatiently holding her new pink pen* Come ON Blood & Gore!! The ink is going to dry by the anything epic occurs!! I's even downloaded an entire soundtrack in preparation for this epicness!! ]]

Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #738
Seer's BFF

hai Qtchi do u make zignaturez ? animated ? like really kool onez

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #739
Gem Pouch Expert

[OOC: You got to be kidding me right? Asking me this in a RP thread and ruining a story flow?! O_o Well nontheless, I happen to make awesome signature banners and only for kool people only. If you even bother returning to read this msg. please remove your signature from your previous post and move further comments to our OOC thread or IG mail. Thank you!]

Old 05-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #740
Seer's BFF

ok zorry

*diez*

be careful of those alpha nerds !!!

Last edited by Trojan; 05-05-2011 at 08:50 AM..