Old 09-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #221
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

Lomash suddenly woke from his rest he hadn't even realized he had nodded off. He seen the flames that where in the distance and try to open his mind to discover what was going on but the distance was to much for him to cover in this weakened state. Then as the wind changed direction he caught a familiar smell. He stood bolt upright in the cart there are trolls somewhere near here i presume that is the cause of the fire.

Lomash couldn't stand the trolls and he had the feeling he was getting close to discovering the reasons behind there recent behavior if only he could get them to divert the cart to the fire but he didn't have the power within him at that moment to take on trolls in a battle and neither did some of the other companions so he just stood there trying to see if he could find out more from the wind.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #222
Omni

(Thanks guys, give me a couple of posts and I will tie it all together, I hope you guys/gals will let me know if im doing anything wrong.)

Memories...They flood the mind in a cascade of color and emotion. Where one begins and one ends,is uncertainable. A warrior, proud and battle worn, stands atop a blood covered field. His hands are steady and his mind is weary. His body yearns for rest, yet he knows he cannot stop. Looking to the remmnants of his troops, he sees his own reflection cast upon their faces. "Rest quick and prepare yourselves men! I reckon this day is far from over, Look out upon the horizon." In that moment, the reality of their dire situation was revealed... "They come!" A haze of fog and flash
of light! Blankness, swimming through eternity. A lone figure clothed in robes, blending in with shadows, the light avoids. Silent is this entity as he displays his powers of the unknown. A flick of the wrist, a nod of the head. "My memories are my own! No one elses!" Lightning strikes, walls crumble, and the rain pours its weeping tears. A haze of fog and a flash of light! Darkness again.. Again and again these scenes of memories play overand over. A bard, a king, a damsel, a farmer, knight, blacksmith, fae, dragon rider, beggar, potter, a wife, husband, and more. Where one begins and another ends, one can not say for sure. Reality bites back, a bitter pain as light catches unfamiliar eyes. "Wher...where am I?" Dry is the throat that struggles for these words. "Who am I?"

Last edited by Omni; 09-09-2008 at 10:17 AM..

Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #223
Ryo Lynn

Ryo sighed with relief as Fluffy quieted the curious girl. Normally she was sure she would be happy to answer any questions posed to her but at the moment she was just too sleepy to even think. So tired in fact that she didn’t even hear him say something about fire nor did she notice anyone else’s reactions as they spotted it as well. In fact all she caught of Fluffy’s words was something about sleep and waking. Even though she had no clue what that meant she voted for sleep and soon after she dozed off.

She felt like she had slept for hours, Fluffy made a surprisingly comfortable pillow, but in reality it was just short of an hour or so, maybe even less. But when he body and her mind decided that it was time for her to wake she felt like she was sleeping beauty just waking from 100 years of peaceful sleep. She hadn’t even dreamed, her nightmares even avoided and her and finally gave her the peaceful sleep she needed. When her eyes opened she didn’t even feel groggy, her lids felt light and she felt better. She had no clue how much time had passed nor how far they were from the town they had just left but she was too happy to even bother to care. She felt stronger already, not in the sense that she was sure her wings would finally decide to work but in the sense that she would be able to walk on her own. Maybe she could even defend herself if something happened in the next few minutes; though she really hoped that wouldn’t be the case.

Yawning softly, covering her mouth as she did, she stretched and winced when her skin pulled at her stitches. Oddly it wasn’t pain that made her wince it was just the weird pull of her skin against the threads in her skin. Shifting enough so that she was no longer leaning against Fluffy she pulled her shirt up enough to see her wound. It was pretty much gone. The skin around the stitches was pink, that healthy pink one gets weeks after a serious injury is finally healing. A quick glance at her arm showed the same thing.
Barely containing the elated smile that wanted to spread over her face she looked up to Fluffy, tugging lightly on his sleeve in her excitement. “The wounds…I don’t think I need these stitches any more.” She smiled. “Actually I think we better take them out before my skin grows over them!” She laughed a laugh full of pure joy that sounded like happy wind chimes blowing in a gentle wind; it was a sound that belonged to nature.

Then she looked away from Fluffy to try and gauge how long she had been sleeping. Her smile and laughter vanished. “What’s burning?”

(( *Cough* Sorry...I got carried away...haha ^_^; ))

Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #224
Gem Pouch Expert

His wounds now almost healed from excellerated healing, he sat up, wincing from the still open stab wound in his stomach he noticed more creatures gathering and running down the side of the road. Trolls, demons, orcs, in the sky the bird dragon creatures Shkiel Kag (about the size of a bear), and other assorted creature along with more soldiers. Ounce they went so far down the side of road they disapeared. "Oh no, cloaking magic. Just who are these people they're after? Must be strong and important. I cant act as of yet, must get my strength and energy back up."

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #225
Omni

(I'm not sure if we are using a post order or not, is so could somone let me know what it is?)

Madness is a term defined by many different definitions. Madness to some is sanity to others. Who are we, who walk upon this land, to judge? Some people claim that anything is possible in this world. While others would call these souls mad. One such soul clings to his beliefs, as they are the only thing that keeps him in touch with his sanity. Or is it sanity as such? [Omni... Omni... Omni..] ^Why does this word keep ringing in my ears?^ "Omni" The word is whispered. He looks around to orient himself. "Trees? How odd.. I wonder Where I am. I don't remember trees, but then again, what DO I remember?" "Who's memories are these, and why do they feel as if my own?" "Perhaps the questions I should really be asking myself is: Why am I talking to myself?" "Omni.. keeps ringing in my head. I suppose it must be my name." Omni shrugs and looks around the small clearing he has awoke too. The land is charred directly around his feet, it seems as if the grass has been laid down in a ring ranging out 10 feet or so, the trees on the edge of this clearing appear old and weather worn. A small pool of water, whether it be natural or from rain one cant tell, lies to his right. Omni looks at his reflection and marvels at the unkempt growth of a few days without a shave. "Oh my, my appearance would cause quite the fright!" "Perhaps I should attempt to tidy myself up a bit, wouldnt you say so Acorn?" He speaks to a small squirrel, without even realizing he did so. Such a quirky man, of average stature and looks. He could pass himself off under any guise if so inclined. A curse and a blessing to be of unremarkable features....

Old 09-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #226
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

(there is not a post order as far as i know)

Lomash turned to Ryo as far as i can tell from the wind a stronghold of men has been set alight by trolls and other beasts of which type i can't be that accurate. This is the the exact danger i was worried about happening. As it seems that they have not only managed to get out of there usual land but are now breaking through protective barriers put up long ago.

This is truly the work of some dark sorcerer though it seems that tracking is out of the question i must find a way to stop this. Lomash wasn't;t sure if anyone else was listening but he didn't care. The answer he needed was at that fire and that was where he needed to go. Lomash simply needed to build up enough power to get there and be able to defend himself for this he needed to mediate and for that he needed solitude and safety. He looked out the cart seeing a large field bellow. Then thought that will do.

He then simply flciked the fur of the cart and looked out without an orb he would not survive a fall but he couldn't waste more energy so let the ful lyw back in place and asked if it be possible to land so he could regenerate some of his powers.

He then awaited the response with pacing the cart that though enlarged wasn't more than a stride each way. He really hoped he could land and then set of for the distant land as he much needed to fond out what was going on and if someone had survived that would much better his chances of finding out what was going on.

Last edited by doug; 09-12-2008 at 07:19 AM..

Old 09-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #227
TBH

(Nah post order died when I lost my Hotmail and lost my pc for a week and I am glad to see people go nuts when I actually take my weekend and go play ^.^)

Jacuel roared and slid to a stop, Thor pulled his bow and an arrow up. "To arms, to arms! Their is evil afoot. Under the furs, gather weapons!"
The slave was the first to dive under the furs and pulled out two short swords. She yeilded them with ease. Jacuel had begun to unlatch the straps and fought the leather. Thor shared a strong roar with him as a wretched stench came close. He turned to where the 'wind' moved bushes and stared at the empty area.
"Watch yourselfs, they have use of magic and they hide themselves." Thors hands began to glow a light blue as he muttered a spell himself over the arrow.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #228
Gem Pouch Expert

"Yes, my wounds have fully closed! I must stop these fiends if it is my last breath. Maybe if i can do that i might be able to regain some of my memories." Vuxxa stood up ad cast an invisibility spell. "Maybe I can catch up to the cart and surprise those fiends before they harm anybody. Hm, somebody is casting magic not to far from here. Wonder who it is." Then he began walking down the side of the road tracking the enemies.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #229
Sheshro Skry

He shook his head, "I don't think that now is a good time for your sutures, darling. I'll get them out for you later. Don't fret about it, I don't think your skin will grow over it or anything." He smiled softly, looking past her to the smoke, "A city..a city is burning. That is the only thing that would billow smoke for such a height. They will come for us soon..." He felt the cart jolt to a sudden stop and pulled her close to keep her from being battered around inside. A call to arms rang out into the clear morning air and he frowned, looking down into her eyes. "Ryo..I want you to stay here. Don't go out into the battle. I'll be ablove you on the rails to protect you, I won't let them hurt you." He grinned weakly, standing up and climbing to the rail, getting his balance as he looked out towards where the fire would be. He chuckled to himself for a few moments. "Arms...well I have two already, I don't really need any more thank you kindly. I'll be fine with them." He winked at Ryo, waiting for something to happen.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:07 AM   #230
Omni

Omni decides to wash himself and gather up what he believes to be his belongings strewn across the clearing. Minor things really. A pack with some cheese and some bread, sewing kit, and misc items. A strange cloth bag attached to a stout staff, which he carries over his shoulder. A shortsword, and a small knife attached to his belt. A journal, some parchment and pen and ink. Omni gathers his meager belongings, and doesnt notice, when the squirell known as Acorn slips into a side pocket in his pack. Quite the spectacle Omni would make to any passerby, He would look like a common peddlar or beggar, with the rags of cloth and flash of colors adorning them. "I'm not sure how i came to be dressed like this, but i suppose I did it for a reason. Alltho this damn mail underneath is chaffing me in places I didnt know I had!" "Bah, I suppose I should find a road and see if I can orient myself." "Good bye sweet clearing! Unitll our paths cross again...er, um perhaps it would be more like I awake in you again? Or my path crosses you again.. seeing as your just a clearing and you dont really have a path that crosses... ahh nevermind why am I talking to inanimate objects!" Omni sets out, mumbling to himself and well, just about everything that he crosses paths with. Quite the strange fellow
indeed.

Wandering through the woods Omni finds a road. "Hmm a road! Now which way should I go?" Looking about, he notices a strange scent in the air. "Hmm I would suggest I pick a direction quite promtly, something seems astir." Promptly he sits himself down and rummages in his pack for a bit of cheese. "Ho whats this!?" "Seems I have a furry companion?" He pulls a squirrel from his pack. "Acorn..now how did you get ther? Come to think of it.. How come I keep calling you Acorn?" He fixes the little creature with a stern, yet comical stare. Acorn rolls his eyes at Omni and chitters noisely. "Whats this? Why am I asking you questions? PAH! Its my pack your in! I will ask the questions around he..wait a minute.. how come I can understand you?" "Well dont get all uppity with me! I am the one without a memory of my own! You must be some sort of pet then." Acorn glares at Omni and chitters most unpleasantly! "Why what a filthy mouth you have! Travelling companions you say? Well considering I can't really remember to, I suppose I will take your word for it. Companions we be then!" Omni offers a hand to his new found friend. "I am Omni, pleased to meet you Acorn. At least, i suppose thats your name since i keep calling you." "Bah dont mock me! So what if you allready know who I am! Obviously I dont!" He breaks a piece of cheese off for acorn and himself takes a bite. "Well we will discuss this more later, for now.. lets figure out where we want to go." Omni rummages around and finds an old battered coin. He flips it and catches it in his hand with deft skill. "Heads it is! I suppose this means we head that way!" "Now if only I knew what direction that was..."

As Omni begins to start down the path, he feels as if he has brushed up against someone, or something.. "Wow thats odd. I could have swore I bumped into someone, But I dont see a thi..." A large crack and a flash of light, and Omni Slumps to the ground unconcious. Invisible hands bound Omni, and start to carry him off..to who knows where..

Last edited by Omni; 09-11-2008 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: Sorry this one is so long, hope thats a good tie in though :)

Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #231
Gem Pouch Expert

Vuxxa comes upon an out cropping of woods. Looking at the tracks left by the group of fiends "They stopped here, somebody came out of the woods, then they left. Hm, his tracks dont continue on, they must have taken whoever it was." He looks up, off in the distance he spies a wagon "That must be them. I'd better hurry!"

Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #232
Gem Pouch Expert

(good job omni. dont worry about the length, i believe there were longer posts than that before, so its alright)

Old 09-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #233
Ryo Lynn

She barely heard what Lomash and Fluffy said to her as she just stared at the smoke. She never did like seeing the destruction of anything, or at least she thought so since knowing that a city was on fire greatly bothered her. What was happening, or had happened, to all the people that lived there? All those innocents? She shuddered only to feel the cart jerk beneath them as it stopped. She automatically leaned closer to Fluffy even before he held her still so her already battered body wouldn’t get more battered. Her still molted her skin only instead of the darker colors they were more green and yellow - healing colors.

Looking up to Fluffy when he started speaking she forced herself to pay attention and she frowned, not liking what she heard. Even though she didn’t like what he told her she knew she had to listen anyway. Just because her more serious wounds were healed and she wasn’t tired any more didn’t mean she would be any help in a fight. She didn’t even know if she could fight and finding out in the middle of a battle could go horribly wrong…or right. Either way she didn’t want to find out or press her luck; until her wings worked she didn’t think she was healed enough but once she could use them again she’d try.

With a soft sigh she nodded and moved so she was hidden in a corner of the car, slouching down and curling in on herself to be less noticeable. She could still see Fluffy though and even though she didn’t know him well, or remember him, she didn’t want him to get hurt again on her behalf. This would make twice that he had protected her and she was starting to feel guilty about that. As soon as they were safe she was going to figure out if she could fight or not and see if she had any magic to call to herself. Next time, if there was a next time, she would be able to help by the gods! But for now she would sulk in the corner, testing herself as much as she could by trying to get her wings to listen to her, which of course they didn’t.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #234
TBH

(Doug my fur cart has no wall.... just rims high enough to be able to stack furs up and hide things under them. This aint no damn carriage!)

Thor took no moment to jump off the cart and press his back against the side. The dragon senses he shared with Jacuel came forth at his command and his sight and smell changed. He still could not see anything but he smelled foul things approacing them. Where did these things come from? What do they want? Other things passed through his mind as he prepared for an attack from an unseen force.

Last edited by TBH; 09-12-2008 at 01:14 AM..

Old 09-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #235
Seer's BFF

(Ehh my bad i changed it to fur's)

Lomash Stepped out the cart with no worries he hadn't had time to regenerate his powers though figured he had enough energy to last a battle. So pulling out the staff he prepared himself with loading his cloak in order of orbs full to empty. Hoping that maybe he could draw energy into these empty orbs as the battle went on.

Lomash made an odd looking mark on the ground and surrounded it with a circle and then stood perfectly still waiting to see if he could sense anything to tell where this attack was coming from.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #236
Gem Pouch Expert

As the mix of humans and monsters closed in on the group at the wagon Vuxxa wondered ^Do they know what is coming? Not only do they have to worry about the horde on the ground but attack from the air as well.^

The sky turned dark and it began to rain. ^At least they have an unknown ally on their side who can spring in from behind the enemy.^

Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #237
Omni

Floating.. Drifting.. A sea of nothing, and everything. Omni blinks, as the floating sensation overcomes all senses. Unconcious, the mind holds keys to unlock the inner doors oh his amnesia affected memories. "Hmm, I must be dreaming...Or dead." He chuckles nervously.

"Well I do hope something happens soon, I hate voids" "And I would like to if I am unconcious or dead, and how I came to this state." He shrugs, "Oh well might as well stretch my legs..haha so to speak I suppose."

As Omni lies unconcious a small yet determined friend works busily inside Omni's pack. Acorn searches and searches untill finally finding the small vial he was searching for. He nudges the vial and works fervently, closer and closer to the pocket opening. With a triumphant squeak, Acorn nudges the vial out and slowly peeks out with hopes of success.

Invisible feet step down and with a loud crunch the vial shatters. A small cloud formed and rose from the vial and slowly begin to expand outword, much like a fog. Slowly but surely strange and horrifying shapes began to take form in outlines amongst the cloud....

Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #238
TBH

"Mmm, go, but be safe..." Thor did not dare to breach his mental guard when Jacuel told him he smelled airborne foes. Thor shot his enchanted arrow into a bush that just barely shook hoping the spell would shatter whatever enchantments the foe had...if it struck. Even with ages of practice, aim had to deal with shooting at seen foes and now he based everything on the non-existent luck he heard most normal mortals talk about.

Last edited by TBH; 09-13-2008 at 01:37 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #239
Sheshro Skry

He stands on top of the cart, watching the advancing phalanx. He grimaced, they were far outnumbered, and what was worse, their numbers seemed like a black wave leaving the now visible castle and township. He groaned, seeing Ryo take cover under the blankets. He didn't know how their hunters tracked her, so he summoned up a small wind to circle around her, blowing her scent up into the stronger air currents above them to spread it. He felt the power put a sap on him, but knew that the slight but constant power drain would not kill him. He gazed out at his comrades and wondered if he should try his best to take out as many as he could quickly to help them, or save all his power to use only when Ryo was in danger. He decided on the later, and would spend very little power at their expense. He would grieve if they died and he could prevent it..but if she was killed or taken at a moment when if he had saved power, he could save her, he wouldn't live through losing her again. He'd lose himself in revenge, and the person he was would die. He knew that, somewhere in the back of his mind. He tried to help them in one way however, by removing the enemies' chance for raining death from three hundred yards away. If they didn't have to close, he and his friends would fall quickly. He pulled together power in his hands, frost forming on the rail below him, and let the power loose in the world to find bowstrings and crossbows, to freeze them against use. He sighed softly and collapsed back down, resting his head in Ryo's lap to catch his breath, the power escaping in a much greater amount then he had intended. He pulled on the lifeforce of the land, knowing it would help him stem and fight these invaders, and laid there for a moment, looking at where her head would be under the furs, reaching under to stroke her cheek for a moment, "Are you still alright, Ryo?"

Old 09-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #240
Seer's BFF

Lomash watched on still standing perfectly still. Looking and watching he knew that this was no simple minded sorcerer casting the haze over the battlefield. Lomash pulled out his staff the orb glowed from the second he touched it turning its usual crimson red. He then searched his cloak for all his charged orbs placing them around the circle in an order only apparent to him. They then flew back in to the cloak in a totally different order and as they did so they left a small fire on the ground where they had sat.

Then the fire's that where left seemed to burn along the mark Lomash had made in the ground making the symbol look like it was burning. Then the outside circle rose up like it was burning toward the sky and the symbol followed it. Once it hit just above the trees the circle expanded and seemed to stretch the length of the field and then the symbol crashed back down to the ground. The big circle then shrunk back in and smashed down onto Lomash's Staff. The staff absorbed the blast and now not only did the orb glow brighter and bolder than before but the staff itself had turned red. Lomash's eyes even started to glow red. He was ready to unleash his power now and was fully prepared to defend the other members of the group over his own life.